Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think they complement each other perfectly tbh. Skipp is a bit better defensively and Winks is better on the ball. Could absolutely see this as a long term CM partnership for Spurs that should have a great balance to it. It would be bloody great too to see a couple of Spurs academy graduates regularly playing with each other in the middle of the park.

Play both against Fulham.
Could be the partnership we’ve been longing for....
Now isnt the time to start putting Dele or Eriksen in central midfield while Skipp sits on the bench.
Play him

Personally I feel Skipp needs to play with Dier, if Dier is at all fit. Our central midfield is the main cause of our defensive issues so it makes sense to strengthen there. If you don't want Eriksen or Dele there, then I think the same argument can be made for not putting Winks there. Yes, Winks and Skipp could be a partnership, but it is a luxury we can't afford to test right now in my opinion if Dier is fit. Off the back of a loss, conceding goals, two main strikers injured. Any and all defensive experience welcome.

Thought he was a waste of a place today tbh...not saying I think he always will be but yet to be in any way impressed or convinced
Was probably our best player behind Foyth

2nd best compared to some of the dross around him? Not high praise if I'm honest...
He was fine. Our second best player. He's 18 and had that disaster happening around him.
...and that right there is why it's a game of opinions!

Skipp, think he's a good player but not ready for the 1st team, i have watched a number of games including academy games (where he was more confident) but didn't rate him that much yesterday, do think he would better alongside a player like Dembele but unfortunately that cant happen now. He would only take one or two touches before passing it and was mostly backwards. Maybe with more games under his belt. I hope he does.

Skipp, Foyth and Walker-Peters were the best overall if you forget that ridiculous little moment from KWP.

Interested to see how he gets on once he feels completely settled in the team/ squad
Only future

Only foyth was good in all honesty ..
Skipp didn't show much of the hype although very young .
Walker peters is not good enough that's way he can't get a start ..rea rea was hoping for him , still Does .

Skipp was fine, and it's interesting seeing how he takes it all in.

Basically he is doing rather well on the tempo and the whole stress factor of it.

IMHO he needs to work heavily on 2 things:

- Basic ball skills under pressure such as trapping the ball in motion (e.g. during accellerations, turning, etc) as he often seems to put himself under undue pressure compared to his peers
- physical training for short bursts of pace, lateral movement and change of direction

Great thing is, that both can and will be trained.

...a bit like bedding in Foyth and Sanchez into defence... they need one of Jan or Toby beside them... not eachother.

Likewise Skipp (and Winks) they need the likes of Dier and Wanyama (and I woulda said Dembele, but that's no longer possible!):dembele:
I think Skipp WILL flourish, but FFS, he's a kid, being asked to take on a MASSIVE responsibility by playing in the middle of the park... give him time, and the OPPORTUNITY to gain experience, which he can ONLY get by playing matches...
Its a catch 22, but one I think he can overcome.

Skipp and Winks could be our CM partnership for the next 5 years if we
*"...play it nice and cool Son... nice and cool, know what I mean...?"

*It's a Trigger reference... know 'yer history!

Skipp was fine, and it's interesting seeing how he takes it all in.

Basically he is doing rather well on the tempo and the whole stress factor of it.

IMHO he needs to work heavily on 2 things:

- Basic ball skills under pressure such as trapping the ball in motion (e.g. during accellerations, turning, etc) as he often seems to put himself under undue pressure compared to his peers
- physical training for short bursts of pace, lateral movement and change of direction

Great thing is, that both can and will be trained.

I think you mistook Skipp for Dier.

Today and Palace in the cup were just a step too far too early for him imo, physically, positionally and even confidence wise he's not quite ready.

He did very well to close down the ball for our second goal though.

Back
Top Bottom