Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The first player born in the 21st century to play a Premier League game for us too and the youngest player to play for Tottenham since Gareth Bale 11 years ago.

A few traits Poch seem to like in a CM are size/physical presence, workrate, tenacity, consistency, mobility and reliability plus being technically proficient.

Skipp seems to score highly against all these, so hopefully the first of many appearances

Looked great in the air in the short time he had on the pitch, perhaps it was against a Saints team that where tired and no longer interested but looked to really impose himself on the game.

Squawka Football‏Verified account @Squawka
Oliver Skipp’s game by numbers vs. Burnley:
65 touches
54 passes (85% accuracy)
5 long passes completed
3 aerial duels won
2 tackles
1 interception
1 shot
1 take on completed
1 chance created
Like a duck to water.
1f986.png
pic.twitter.com/abFpOXbI8q
DueKjnoX4AA2KTd.jpg

Good (and very welcome) first start for the youngster !

Done well.

18 years old, let's not forget that. Made one monstrous tackle in the first half and was comfortably on the ball. Did turn into trouble a few times but that's to be expected from someone so young and inexperienced. Didn't shy away from the ball though and actually made some real nice forward passes which were fizzed through with accuracy.

Keep working hard and you'll be a star here Skippy!

Done well.

18 years old, let's not forget that. Made one monstrous tackle in the first half and was comfortably on the ball. Did turn into trouble a few times but that's to be expected from someone so young and inexperienced. Didn't shy away from the ball though and actually made some real nice forward passes which were fizzed through with accuracy.

Keep working hard and you'll be a star here Skippy!

Does this mean we have seen the last of Onamah (in the THFC kit?)

edit - Just wondering nothing against the lad but it appears he may have beeen superseded.

Got very high hopes for this one. Early days but I rate him higher than Winks I absolutely love his touch and tenacity

Ps not that I don't rate Winks, I just love the look of this kid, he's a blend of Parker, Dembele & Winksy & the kind I love seeing come through the academy

Did well today. What impressed me was that he took responsibility more than once. Dropping into cover CB and being there when it was necessary. Too many young players tend to hide.

What will be will be, but for today he should be proud of himself.

Now work even harder ! Good luck with your career fella

Back
Top Bottom