Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm concerned if we sell him it'll be a trippier situation. I hope he gets a look in at 6 soon; he's shown to have great awareness defensively at breaking up play and interceptions.

One issue and reason why Ange may have not played him there is if he's press resistant enough. Which, fair. He's not. But he might improve with time.

I'm concerned if we sell him it'll be a trippier situation. I hope he gets a look in at 6 soon; he's shown to have great awareness defensively at breaking up play and interceptions.

One issue and reason why Ange may have not played him there is if he's press resistant enough. Which, fair. He's not. But he might improve with time.

I don't think he's ever played the 6 for Ange.

Whether that because Skippy sees himself as an 8 or Ange doesn't see him as a 6... who knows

Players like Skipp and Dier get made scapegoats and rightly so, after Newcastle away last season. But the problem is they leave and we are still shit so it's not all them is it...

Players like Skipp and Dier get made scapegoats and rightly so, after Newcastle away last season. But the problem is they leave and we are still shit so it's not all them is it...
No, but that's not a reason to keep people who contribute nothing around.
Skipp is a nice kid, but he's not good enough for where we want to be. And that has been a hallmark of our squads over the years - too many players who just aren't good enough to elevate us.

Football Chap Football Chap do you think skipp is a good, technical footballer, able to play in the centre of the park for an Ange team, in the prem?

Do you think he is what we need to be looking to to take us forward from here?
I don't think Skipp is stopping us from signing 'real technical players'. He's club-trained so is basically just an extra squad place for depth. Whether he stays or goes shouldn't have an impact on whether or not we bring in good players that fit the system :tanguythumb:

I don't think Skipp is stopping us from signing 'real technical players'. He's club-trained so is basically just an extra squad place for depth. Whether he stays or goes shouldn't have an impact on whether or not we bring in good layers that fit the system. :tanguythumb:
It does, implicitly, as his sale funds would go into the pot to do just that.

No, but that's not a reason to keep people who contribute nothing around.
Skipp is a nice kid, but he's not good enough for where we want to be. And that has been a hallmark of our squads over the years - too many players who just aren't good enough to elevate us.
I don't think Skipp or Dier are not good enough to be squad players. The problem is Ange doesn't like them, and/or they do not fit the way Ange plays.

My point is just because Skipp will no longer be looking lost in our own third, doesn't mean whoever replaces him will be better. The majority of Spurs fans thought Dier was why we were conceding goals but nope.

Back
Top Bottom