Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. It's difficult to slow it down though, given that the majority now think it's 2 and are set with that etc.

We tried on Thrusday I think? I kept hearing shouts of 'slow down!' and '1 more verse!' but no one listened :(.

I think I might have tried to conduct to help slow it down (to which my brother told me to stop as I looked like (and I quote) 'a cunt' :klinsmann:)

Agreed. It's difficult to slow it down though, given that the majority now think it's 2 and are set with that etc.

We tried on Thrusday I think? I kept hearing shouts of 'slow down!' and '1 more verse!' but no one listened :(.

I think I might have tried to conduct to help slow it down (to which my brother told me to stop as I looked like (and I quote) 'a cunt' :klinsmann:)

Nothing new there then!

Ive heard people add in an extra verse to Glory Glory Hallelujah..

Something about Garth Crooks scoring the winner. Always wondered what it was, any ideas?

Ive heard people add in an extra verse to Glory Glory Hallelujah..

Something about Garth Crooks scoring the winner. Always wondered what it was, any ideas?

We all went up to Anfield to finish the 73 year jinx,
Garth Crooks scored the winner and The Kop began to sink,
we're the famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Real Madrid,
to watch the Spurs go marching on.
Glory glory hallelujah

Me and a couple of mates started singing this newer version a couple of years back:

We all went up to Eastlands to finish the 49 year jinx
Then Crouchie scored the winner and Liam and Noel began to sink
we're the famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Real Madrid
Glory glory hallelujah

We all went up to Anfield to finish the 73 year jinx,
Garth Crooks scored the winner and The Kop began to sink,
we're the famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Real Madrid,
Glory glory hallelujah

Me and a couple of mates started singing this newer version a couple of years back:

We all went up to Eastlands to finish the 49 year jinx
Then Crouchie scored the winner and Liam and Noel began to sink
we're the famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Real Madrid
Glory glory hallelujah

Thats the one mate, love the old songs!

Enjoyed singing the Archiebald song at Watford away last season. Think we should bring it back for a current player.. Vertonghen fits it but he's already got a couple of songs, Dembele could work..

Thats the one mate, love the old songs!

Enjoyed singing the Archiebald song at Watford away last season. Think we should bring it back for a current player.. Vertonghen fits it but he's already got a couple of songs, Dembele could work..

Unless the 1882 movement can make a difference, our home support will probably stick to there's only "insert name" and other boring chants. I like starting old school songs and other more creative songs, but it only work in certain pubs and some away matches

I remember being stood in the Paxton in the late 80s/90s (as a junior member, it was cheap as fuck, how time/football has changed) and at some point a few old boys (my age now) seated at the back would bang their seats and start to sing a this (with the all the doowops)

So who's up for trying to start this number again? I'll be handing out song sheets to Block 32 a week on Saturday.

it was a staple of venables , whenever he had a gig. so crossed over when he was manager

I screamed CUNT when they clapped after 1 go. I regret nothing.

Back
Top Bottom