Nuuucassel - haway

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious Filth said:
YidoBuckler said:
If Ade isnt fit, perfect chance to play Sandro and Parker together with Bale, VDV and Modric interchanging ahead of them. Defoe's pace will scare Coloccini silly, just got to hope he doesn't fire every attempt straight at the 'keeper.

A composed Defoe would score so many more goals, can someone make this happen?
he is absolutely fucking donkey shit at one-on-ones, really boils my piss! Just blasts it EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

What does Les Ferdinand actually do??? Surely he should be having a word with Defoe to vary his finishes.

Get Robbie Keane from 4 years ago back to help. :wall:

Or alternatively, Defoe could watch Adebayor's goal against Wolves over and over again.

Newcastle are not a bad side to be fair. My hate for them has dwindled over the years due to their shitness in previous seasons. Seems relegation has brought them back down to earth.

I think getting mike Ashley in was probably the reality check their supporters needed. Mainly due to the fact that they had without doubt THE MOST delusional supporters in the history of football. It took an Ashley reality check for them to be brought down to earth again IMO.

They were so poorly run it was unbelievable, signing 20 players a season, money and wages being no object. Sheppard gave their supporters the impression they could afford it and they were run within their means when in reality they were not. This giving their stupid fans the false arguments that they were one of the top clubs in England. I giggle thinking about it now and thinking of how fucked off I used to get listening/reading some of the shit they used to come out with, comparing Newcastle to spurs, even though they haven't won a trophy in something like 287 years.

Still have nightmares about the 7-1. And seeing that wanker Ian Walkers gormless fucking face after every goal went in (you all know the face I'm talking about, we saw it often enough).

If Adebayor does not make it then i would go with Defoe up front with VDV just behind. Midfield of Bale, Parker, Sandro and Modric.

I have a feeling Defoe will get in the goals this game and we will take all 3 points.

COYS!!!!

I was about to say, why don't we start with Leonardo Damiao for a change. Then I realised just because you sign someone in career mode of FIFA 12, it doesn't make it happen in the real world.

Life is confusing.

think i read on SSN that vdv is a doubt with a hamstring injury - no change there then.

i'm actually pleased, i've not been so happy with him recently.

So Sandro, Adebayor & Lennon all 50/50 for sundays game. Corluka & Niko both out from injuries from international duties.

In saying that.

Friedel
Walker King Kaboul Ekotto
? Parker Modric Bale
VDV
Defoe

So hopefully Sandro gets over it and we can have a full midfield. Or does he have VDV on the right with Pav and Defoe upfront. Makes me head hurt.

I think we're in really good shape heading into this match, physically and mentally, although I do have a pretty poor track record of judging the moods and intentions of the common people so I'm almost certainly mistaken.

Defoe up front on his own will get no change out of Newcastle's defence. No chance. Prove me wrong JD! Doubt it though. We just need to pack the midfield and defence properly and we'll keep them out. Then, maybe a Bale strike to win it.

Seein a lot of Geordie twats givin it the big I am on other sites. Hope we can bring these cunts crashing back to earth. Let's smaash em. Fair enough we don't have the best record up there but were a different side these days and seem to be developing a bit of aspine with Parker, sandro et al rather than d limp dicks of seasons gone by jenus are ur ears burning?

Today's team selection will be quite telling.
After all the comments over the last fortnight about VdV/Defoe, and about the difference Sandro made against Woolwich, Redknapp needs to make some tough choices (not as tough as he thinks they are IMO).

He could use these "50/50" injuries as a cop-out and, for example, say that van der Vaart and Sandro aren't fit enough to play the full 90, thus starting something like:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King Assou-Ekotto
Bale Parker Modric Pienaar
Adebayor Defoe

Fingers crossed Adebayor, van der Vaart and Sandro will all start, and we'll play a solid 4-2-3-1.

I hope King Ledley is OK, never nice to see him hobbling off. I always worry about it being the last time we'll see him.

How did Taylor escape a booking for conceding the penalty?

Back
Top Bottom