Nuuucassel - haway

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite a few factors here.

I'm sure I read Lennon had a setback in his injury meaning he'll be unfit, and there's the Defoe/VdV problem as well. Will Sandro be fit for this game or is he out now?

Away from home, logic would say go 4-5-1, pack out the midfield with Ade up top. If Ade is injured then we may be stuck with Pav up front.

I'd rather have Kane upfront than Pav at the moment. I will be happy with a draw but think we might nick it late. Either way i'll be getting on it on a boozy sunday down the local pub. Woolwich to lose watching with my Sunderland mate then the VDV show.

Pav scares me.

Russia-1101011-Celebrations-R-300.jpg

I had a dream last night (alongside the one where I was watching a holographic George Harrison concert in a cinema, his hologram was playing one of his travelling wilburies songs when 2 jihadists blew themselves up in front of the stage and I woke up)

Anyway in the other dream, we draw 3-3 with a last minute Newcastle penalty evening the score.

Since the first dream was total bullshit, I hope the second is too and we win like we damn well should.

Right off the top of my head I know we started the 09/10 season with 4 consecutive wins. There was also a run of 5 victories in Feb/March 2010 against Wigan, Everton, Blackburn, Stoke and Portsmouth. We actually finished that season with 9 wins out of 12. Now THAT's how you qualify for Champions League.

Who's that tapping on my shoulder?...

'Hello pessimism you old dog, haven't see you for a few weeks.'

I've got a bad feeling about this one, even moreso now Ade is pretty much confirmed as out. Massive game considering our position and theirs.

Sort of game you could see Newcastle winning and adding to their unlikely start to the season.

Hope we'll win, think we'll draw, could lose.

0-8 Spurs :thumbup:

These are the games (actually every game until Chelsea on December 20th) that we have to grind out draws and sneak some away wins while consolidating at home if we are to challenge top 4.

Parker already key to that grinding. Couple him with Sandro and it's like a bump and grind MTV video. Those two will eat up most midfields, including the Geordies and is my idea of the utopian central midfield for Tottenham away from home. Wet dream stuff.

0-2. coys

If Ade isnt fit, perfect chance to play Sandro and Parker together with Bale, VDV and Modric interchanging ahead of them. Defoe's pace will scare Coloccini silly, just got to hope he doesn't fire every attempt straight at the 'keeper.

A composed Defoe would score so many more goals, can someone make this happen?

YidoBuckler said:
If Ade isnt fit, perfect chance to play Sandro and Parker together with Bale, VDV and Modric interchanging ahead of them. Defoe's pace will scare Coloccini silly, just got to hope he doesn't fire every attempt straight at the 'keeper.

A composed Defoe would score so many more goals, can someone make this happen?
he is absolutely fucking donkey shit at one-on-ones, really boils my piss! Just blasts it EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

What does Les Ferdinand actually do??? Surely he should be having a word with Defoe to vary his finishes.

St James' is not a favourite hunting ground, I think though we will at least grind out a draw. With Parker breaking up the midfield we stand a good chance of creating chances too.

Head 1-1
Heart 0-19

Back
Top Bottom