Nothing thing this season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My view is that this season we are clearly destined to win nothing but this nothing may be different.

Much will depend on Pochettino and to some extent Levy but for me this is the season which sees Pochettino decide what we need to be a success. As we are that is NOT going to happen.

We lack something but this time round it is different to last time. It is possibly arrogance or possibly a lack of hunger. Just something that from my opinion makes us less convincing even though we may actually be better placed to take the next step.

I just sense a lack of spark and I truly believe that spark is a player we do not yet have.

As good as Kane is I don't think he is that, I think Alli is short of his best and that Eriksen carries huge quality but not the inspiration I talk of.

Managers in my honest opinion can only do so much unless you get a Leicester type season.

If we keep the bulk (I think we will lose 1/2) of our main squad next season then we are set but right now and despite the pundits, I see this squad as missing key elements.

Wembley has been a problem but the biggest games even more so and where our opponents are better or as good as us and at their best.

Last edited:
levy won't spend out on that star player you want. So as it stands we are always more aiming for top 4 rather than titles & regular cups. It all depends on whether the manager & our better players are happy enough not winning titles & regular cups. Or if they decide to leave like walker to win these things. walker has a great chance of winning a title in his first season. Of course the big wage increase is a big incentive to leave too, but if we are honest you don't play for us if you expect to win titles & cups regularly. Top 4 & a good good CL run is a successful season for us.

Last edited:
levy won't spend out on that star player you want. So as it stands we are always more aiming for top 4 rather than titles & regular cups. It all depends on whether the manager & our better players are happy enough not winning titles & regular cups. Or if they decide to leave like walker to win these things. walker has a great chance of winning a title in his first season. Of course the big wage increase is a big incentive to leave too, but if we are honest you don't play for us if you expect to win titles & cups regularly. Top 4 & a good good CL run is a successful season for us.

Fair points but a Salah or Zaha in my opinion would provide or have provided sparks of sorts. You know just that added wow factor and sense of uncertainty that I really do believe we lack.

It is hard to say it about my team and many won't but I feel the pundits who trot out the praise forget that United needed Cantona to turn all that promise and youthful endeavour into a winning formula despite Ferguson's greatness.

And the one thing Pochettino does not possess is the knowledge of how to win. At least not yet.

Too many people ignore or forget that.

Back
Top Bottom