Norwich (H) 22Jan - 19:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’ve taken two games out of 11. Two games we won and you want to right them up as losses.

I’ll tell you what, let’s take those two wins as defeats to make you feel better about yourself.

That would be
With Dier:
P11 W5 D2 L4

Without Dier:
P5 W0 L3 D2

Even in your twisted sick little world, where winning is losing, Dier comes out on top.
Twat.

Dier is absolute gash you melt.

We've looked better defensively without him in recent games the problem has been losing our cutting edge at the other end of the pitch. A relatively unknown striker called Harold Kane has been absent for a few games in case you missed it.

Add to that Son, Lucas and Alli being their consistently inconsistent shit selves.

Norwich are terrible at defending. They will want to keep it 0-0 for as long as possible and try to nick a late goal.

We need to throw them off their game plan and force them to be disorganised.

Here it comes....

Conceed in the first 10 minutes. They won't know what to do with themselves. They will lose shape,panic and try to defend their lead. We will break their spirit and pull back 2 b4 half time. 2nd half we kill off the game.

Spurs 4 - 1 Norwich

He posted this earlier tonight:

EOq3xBnWAAIPpKF.jpg:large
Think he meant he’ll be home soon since they live together

Dier is absolute gash you melt.

We've looked better defensively without him in recent games the problem has been losing our cutting edge at the other end of the pitch. A relatively unknown striker called Harold Kane has been absent for a few games in case you missed it.

Add to that Son, Lucas and Alli being their consistently inconsistent shit selves.
Defensively better but lost 3 of 5 games conceding 8, and win 0

You’ve taken two games out of 11. Two games we won and you want to right them up as losses.

I’ll tell you what, let’s take those two wins as defeats to make you feel better about yourself.

That would be
With Dier:
P11 W5 D2 L4

Without Dier:
P5 W0 L3 D2

Even in your twisted sick little world, where winning is losing, Dier comes out on top.
Twat.
You dumass. Its stupid to think Dier had a positive input in a match where we were losing 2-0 with him on and go on to score 4 goals when he was taken off.

You dumass. Its stupid to think Dier had a positive input in a match where we were losing 2-0 with him on and go on to score 4 goals when he was taken off.
I’ve already said take that 4-2 win as a defeat
And take the 2-1 win over Brighton as a defeat

I’m GIVING you two losses that were wins.

Dier:
P11 W5 L4 D2

That’s with your head start......not even a case of taking the games out, for your sake but actually turning wins into losses for you.
Dier still wins.

Don’t you feel even slightly like a div right now?

Defensively better but lost 3 of 5 games conceding 8, and win 0
I’ve already said take that 4-2 win as a defeat
And take the 2-1 win over Brighton as a defeat

I’m GIVING you two losses that were wins.

Dier:
P11 W5 L4 D2

That’s with your head start......not even a case of taking the games out, for your sake but actually turning wins into losses for you.
Dier still wins.

Don’t you feel even slightly like a div right now?
Dier wins what? He is a defensive player and we were giving out more goals with him in the team. Or are you suggesting Toby's hoofs which bypass Dier and were converted by Alli and Kane was because Dier was jogging in the middle. Or that Son ran past 50 players and scored because Dier was there somewhere.

Norwich are terrible at defending. They will want to keep it 0-0 for as long as possible and try to nick a late goal.

Here it comes....

Conceed in the first 10 minutes. They won't know what to do with themselves. They will lose shape,panic and try to defend their lead. We will break their spirit and pull back 2 b4 half time. 2nd half we kill off the game.

Spurs 4 - 1 Norwich

our players will melt if they go a goal behind at home to Norwich, they are fragile as fuck. Then the crowd will get on their back and it won't be pretty.

Going to wade into the dier debate.

Regardless of whether it is Dier or anyone else. Having a DM there allows the forward players to play higher up the pitch.
The goals have dried up partly because we have no striker but also the fact that the forward minded players are having to come back and help defensively when we have Winks as the solitary DM.

How many times did Lo Celso, Alli, Lamela, Son have to come back to shore up midfield. The transition from defence to attack is harder then if your starting position is inside your own half. Having 2 DMs means that you can push the forward players higher up the pitch.

This has nothing to do with personnel but tactical positioning.

I'd like to see the average positions of everyone in the Middlesborough replay and the one against Watford. Most of the forward players were the same. The difference was having 2 DMs against boro and only 1 against Watford.

I posted after the boro game that the setup looked good. We should have kept a clean sheet that game, but the forward players looked much more threatening because they were playing in and around the other box.

Dier wins what? He is a defensive player and we were giving out more goals with him in the team. Or are you suggesting Toby's hoofs which bypass Dier and were converted by Alli and Kane was because Dier was jogging in the middle. Or that Son ran past 50 players and scored because Dier was there somewhere.
Do you even know what you are saying?
Dier played 11 and we conceded 12
Dier didnt play in 5 and we conceded 8

Are you suggesting that if we win more games with Aurier than KWP, its nothing to do with Aurier because Son scores.

Here it comes....

Spurs 4 - 1 Norwich
Sounds like you're describing us.... :sonhmm:

Take it off then.
P10 W6 L2 D2

Well done there you really changed the stats
Sammy, those stats don’t take into account the fact we have been with out kane for the last 4 matches.

Off the top of my head I would also say that we have conceded less goals and they reason we aren’t winning is due to us not scoring.

More of a direct result to the lack of Kane then the lack of Dier.

Edit: Just saw ur other message I’m probably wrong then about the conceding goals part, but we can see from our last 2 games that we have been very solid with out him.

Sammy, those stats don’t take into account the fact we have been with out kane for the last 4 matches.

Off the top of my head I would also say that we have conceded less goals and they reason we aren’t winning is due to us not scoring.

More of a direct result to the lack of Kane then the lack of Dier.

Edit: Just saw ur other message I’m probably wrong then about the conceding goals part, but we can see from our last 2 games that we have been very solid with out him.
The stats are what they are. We’ve lost plenty of games with Kane playing

--------------------Gazza------------------------
Aurier---Tanganga---Alderweireld---Rose
---------------------Skipp------------------------
-------------Winks-------Lo Celso-------------
Lamela--------------------------------------Son
----------------------Lucas-----------------------

Back
Top Bottom