Nobody

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle

Blatant
So far We've been linked with managers from all over the world to take over from Tim sherwood who, according to popular opinion, is overseeing a god run of results that is mostly down to the individual talent of the players and despite his crap tactics.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on who the right man would be or even the right kind of man in terms of their personality and strategic vision.

So why not break the mould and literally have no one as the manager?

The pros:
No more managers falling out with members of the squad and leaving our best players on the bench

No opportunity to say something stupid in the media or fall out with journalists. Also media will have no one to witch hunt.

Situational tactics managers like mourinho won't be able to prepare for matches against us because we don't have any tactics to prepare for.

The spurs fans won't fight amongst each other over the manager being shit/amazing/better than Harry redknapp.

Daniel levy can sign who the fuck he wants

We may never have to see a spurs gilet again.

Loads of money saved on wages and contract termination agreements which will help to fast track the stadium build.

In terms of picking who plays and where, this can be done by looking at statistical analysis from recent games overlaid with what fans are saying about each player on social media, blogs, forums etc.

Someone dead clever like Éperons Éperons or CJJ CJJ could easily knock up an algorithm or something like this on their lunch break I'm sure.

What do we think people?

So far We've been linked with managers from all over the world to take over from Tim sherwood who, according to popular opinion, is overseeing a god run of results that is mostly down to the individual talent of the players and despite his crap tactics.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on who the right man would be or even the right kind of man in terms of their personality and strategic vision.

The pros:
No more managers falling out with members of the squad and leaving our best players on the bench

No opportunity to say something stupid in the media or fall out with journalists. Also media will have no one to witch hunt.

Situational tactics managers like mourinho won't be able to prepare for matches against us because we don't have any tactics to prepare for.

The spurs fans won't fight amongst each other over the manager being shit/amazing/better than Harry redknapp.

Loads of money saved on wages and contract termination agreements which will help to fast track the stadium build.

In terms of picking who plays and where, this can be done by looking at statistical analysis from recent games overlaid with what fans are saying about each player on social media, blogs, forums etc.

Someone dead clever like Éperons Éperons or CJJ CJJ could easily knock up an algorithm or something like this on their lunch break I'm sure.

What do we think people?

Picking the team wouldn't work. We'd need someone to do it. Also who'd ensure the players stay focused during training? Again we'd need someone to do that. Who'd be there to deal with fall outs within the players? Again... Well you get the idea. We might as well have one person doing all that as well so things stay consistent and we don't pay loads of people a lot of money to do something 1 man could do.

A nice idea, but in practice I can't see it working.

Picking the team wouldn't work. We'd need someone to do it. Also who'd ensure the players stay focused during training? Again we'd need someone to do that. Who'd be there to deal with fall outs within the players? Again... Well you get the idea. We might as well have one person doing all that as well so things stay consistent and we don't pay loads of people a lot of money to do something 1 man could do.

A nice idea, but in practice I can't see it working.
So... I think what you're saying is, we should hire a 'manager'.

The pros:

What do we think people?
I think you're onto something. But, how about instead of nobody, we hire Everybody.

Levy can say, "fuck it, I can't hire the right manager, you lot do it."
Teams, tactics and transfers can be done by committee, through a FM style internet platform, including a premium rate phone voting scheme. ( kerching)
Training can be organised through web cam with punters typing in their instructions.
Press conferences can be done by whoever gets picked out of the crowd by a half time raffle.

I can't see what's wrong here.

I think you're onto something. But, how about instead of nobody, we hire Everybody.

Levy can say, "fuck it, I can't hire the right manager, you lot do it."
Teams, tactics and transfers can be done by committee, through a FM style internet platform, including a premium rate phone voting scheme. ( kerching)
Training can be organised through web cam with punters typing in their instructions.
Press conferences can be done by whoever gets picked out of the crowd by a half time raffle.
I can't see what's wrong here.

In fairness the press conferences would probably be less humiliating than... Umm... :sherwoodlol:

Didn't Ebbsfleet actually try this? I think they became fan-owned and then all the fans got to vote for starting 11, tactics etc in line with how many shares they'd bought. I seem to remember that they got relegated shortly afterwards...

how about we solve the selection problem like this:

11 survivors, that's all we need, no more reserves and all that bullshit

2Tin7VD.png

Back
Top Bottom