No strikers?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

West Ham smashed us with no strikers on the pitch, bayern smashed city, wtf is going on? Drop the ade, soldado, Defoe discussion do we even need any?

Fuck it I'm just trying to distract myself with pointless threads to hide myself from the embarrassment of today.

In my view, our problems go beyond the strikeforce. We've been reliant on a narrow tactic, which teams who are somewhat organised can nullify. Do we also continue to force the issue with Dembele and Paulinho or accept that we need a proper holding midfielder and not 2 box-to-box players?

Benteke was my fav.

Either way, keep the faith in Soldado. 32 goals in la liga happened for a reason

Yes, but it's worth noting that they also all happened inside the box. Soldado is a great finisher, he'll get on the end of crosses and will score or at least test the keeper. Our inverted wing style of play doesn't compliment that at the moment. I'm not sure he'll be as effective while Siggy/Townsend are cutting inside and playing narrow.

IMO Lennon and Chadli on the wings would suit his play more, as they're more out and out wingers. Unfortunately AVB doesn't seem to play that way and it doesn't look like he will change anytime soon

Back
Top Bottom