Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So now we have both...

If the story is true.

I don't have much issue with this. I think Njie would probably end up adding more to the squad than Sissoko or Onomah would for example and he IS capable of playing up top. Pace like that is valuable.

If Marseille won't buy him he's probably off somewhere else in the summer. Struggling to make a real impact in France is not a great sign.

Doesn't really mean much.

We've had many average to good players under Pochettino who fit well into our system and our play who excel under Poch as opposed to elsewhere.

Doesn't really mean much.

We've had many average to good players under Pochettino who fit well into our system and our play who excel under Poch as opposed to elsewhere.
Poch is a great coach. No doubt about that. I just don't think Clinton has the natural talent required. We need more naturally gifted footballers imo. Ideally we sell Clinton and Sissoko and bring in a real technician. Then Poch can do his thing and teach how to press and where.

I don't think Clinton is in Pochettinos plans, despite him saying the opposite last summer. He came out and said Bentaleb Pritchard and Fazio were not but Clinton had an injury and was. Maybe Clinton doesn't want to be over here. Maybe it was bullshit and he knew we were loaning him to buy Nkoudo.
Otherwise I don't see why a player in your plans is loaned out.
It's fucking strange, probably explains a lot about our recruitment team.

I want to see njie given an opportunity up top and not on the wing. He looks like a forward more than a winger to me.

Playing devil's advocate, didn't we give up on both him and Son as striker LAST season?

Lamela often looked our best shot imo.

Best we played without Kane last year was a 4-6-0 in the EL (can't remember the oppo)....

Because it was literally a constraint in the N'koudou deal. That's why it dragged on so much.
I know. But was it a ploy to get both?
If a player was in my plans I wouldn't use him as a bargaining chip to get another player, who you're not going to use.
It's strange.
Especially as Pochettino historically doesn't loan players he wants to work with.
Clinton has now lost a 2nd year in his development here, learning the 'philosophy'.
Whilst Nkoudo has spent the last year getting used to it.

I know. But was it a ploy to get both?
If a player was in my plans I wouldn't use him as a bargaining chip to get another player, who you're not going to use.
It's strange.
Especially as Pochettino historically doesn't loan players he wants to work with.

That's the point - apparently Marseille wouldn't sell N'koudou unless we loaned them N'jie in his place, by specific request - we, from my understanding, didn't offer him and didn't want him to leave.

That's the point - apparently Marseille wouldn't sell N'koudou unless we loaned them N'jie in his place, by specific request - we, from my understanding, didn't offer him and didn't want him to leave.

In which case it's as good as over for him... Wouldn't make any sense letting him go otherwise... Especially with the additonal consideration of the message it sends Clinton.

Can't get my head round how we can be so seemingly obsessed with a player (GKN) that can't even get anywhere near the bench against lower league oppo...

GKN/N'jie saga.... What a mess! And likely another £10m or more + wages up in smoke after we sell the pair on.

(Wouldn't loan Dembele back for the rest of the season tho... oh no... Cos that would a left us light.... Oh... Hang on...Wait a min... :sigh: )

Back
Top Bottom