Next 6 Fixtures

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many wins out of the next 6 fixtures?

• 1 - You pessimistic little s@*&

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 2 - .... you pessimistic little s@*&

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 3 - Staying on the fence

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • 4 - Decent but not what we need

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • 5 - A respectable number that I think most would take

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • 6 - Plus the Champions League because it’s so unlikely to happen

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters
Here's a clue it started with West Mam .... now go look it up, and whilst you're at it give me those six loses in a row ... if you're capable
So because we won a set of six matches a few months ago means if we play any other six games, regardless of the opposition, we could win those too....good argument.
I said it was easily possible to lose all six....these particular six ahead of us. What the fuck has history to do with that ?.
Tell you what, you refer to it as negativity and I'll call it a possibility which I doubt will actually happen as per my positive prediction.
Let's leave it at that....or at least I will.

This time last year I would have said we should be gunning for 6 wins out of 6 based on the opposition but obviously this isn’t last year. I think these games will make or break our season tbh. If we lose or draw more than one of the EPL games then I think there’s no chance of us getting top 4 based on the form of the current top 4. If we string some results together over the next 6 games then that might give us the impetus to continue on plus a win at Olympiacos will see us through to the knockout stages. So what’s everyone’s thoughts on our chances for the next few games?

Sheff Utd (H)
West Ham (A)
Olympiacos (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Man United (A)
Burnley (H)

Win
Win
Win
Win
Draw
Win

Today will show us if the Champions League opponents were just a bunch of farmers or we’re slowly getting back on our feet. If we play like shit today I won’t have any reason to hope that our form will turn around.

I'd be gutted if we lose against the spammers or Manure. Both teams are shit this year and there for the taking. We should be thinking at all 6 points from these games.

Much will depend on the consistency of selection by Pochettino.
If he picks the team that played on Wednesday (possibly the best available at the moment) and sticks with it then I think we can win all 6. If he keeps rotating then we won’t .
Pochettino keeps highlighting the importance of rotating. But Spurs won 12/13 Premier League games at the end of 2016/17 by having the core players play all of them.
Ali, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies played13/13. Eriksen played 12/13. Lloris played 12/13 missing a game through illness. Kane and Dembele missed a few games due to injury. But they were able to form tight partnerships and understanding on the pitch. Rotating for the sake of rotating doesn’t work

Last edited:
Utd, Woolwich & ourselves have literally hit the skids in 2019, the only thing that helped us cling onto top 4 in the end was the fact we were well ahead by the end of 2018, we had a cushion....o yeah and Woolich & Utd were absolutely tripe.

This season has started where last season left off, City & Liverpool continue to dominate everything in front of them, Chelsea are proving it wasn’t just Hazard that got them 3rd last season and have transitioned seamlessly under Fat Frank, Rogers has got Leicester firing again and right now those teams look a good bet for top 4......

The majority of Woolwich fans are one or two more bad results away from turning on Emery, there will always be a grey cloud hanging over Ole at Utd, and we are obviously sticking with Poch for the foreseeable future by the looks of it, yet ironically Poch will never stick with the same 11 two games in a row🙄.....

I always say there are small windows of opportunity and we must take them when we can, take advantage of your enemies weaknesses and never stop for a rest while they are regrouping.....I always think a lot of our fans think it’s ok if we regress as long as they can say “Utd spent more than we did and look how shit they are” for example...Wrong mentality gents!!

When running away from a bear you don’t need to outrun the bear, you just need to out run the slowest person in your group.
Therefore we just need to out run 3 from Utd, Woolwich, Leicester and Chelsea, and to do that we need to start running, and fucking quickly.

So anything less than 3pts today the manager needs to go, I’m sorry but it’s Sheffield Utd, and yes during any normal season a slip can happen through complacency but this isn’t a normal season of late, we are under pressure, our backs are against the wall and complacency shouldn’t even come into it, we have to fight, these games are just as big as the NLD right now and if for whatever reason we can’t put 3pts on the board then there simply is no more excuses.....Change required....COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom