Next 5 years

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like others have said, I'm not sure what this thread is about. But I will say this. The long/mid-term future of the squad is not something to worry about. We have the best academy in the country which has started to bear fruits in the likes of Kane and Winks. Our first XI last season was the best in the league and to top of it off it was also the youngest. The blueprint of longevity in the Premier League, Fergie himself, believes that we have the best manager in the league. So, don't worry, stop pontificating and enjoy the ride!

#COYS

The next 5 years should be our glory years as we have 7 excellent players that would start for any team and that includes the likes of Barcelona, Dortmund or Juventus. Namely:

Harry Kane
Dele Ali
Erik Lamela
Heung Min Son
Harry Winks
Eric Dier
Tom Caroll

If we somehow keep this lot, we will basically have a potent team that would have played together for the past 3~4 years by the time 2020 comes around , where I think we would not lose too many games given the chemistry and experience they will have had together as I do not see us not being in the top 4 until then and perhaps even winning a FA Cup or 2 along with making a long run in all competitions.

So often some clubs does not have the luxury of time but if we look at the past big winners, United, Barcelona, Real Madrid and other lesser league champions, the longevity of staying together and reaching their peak is overlooked.. Scary though is the oldest in 5 years (Son and Dier) will be only 29 in 5 years.
This guy was basically nostradamus right?

The next 5 years should be our glory years as we have 7 excellent players that would start for any team and that includes the likes of Barcelona, Dortmund or Juventus. Namely:

Harry Kane
Dele Ali
Erik Lamela
Heung Min Son
Harry Winks
Eric Dier
Tom Caroll

If we somehow keep this lot, we will basically have a potent team that would have played together for the past 3~4 years by the time 2020 comes around , where I think we would not lose too many games given the chemistry and experience they will have had together as I do not see us not being in the top 4 until then and perhaps even winning a FA Cup or 2 along with making a long run in all competitions.

So often some clubs does not have the luxury of time but if we look at the past big winners, United, Barcelona, Real Madrid and other lesser league champions, the longevity of staying together and reaching their peak is overlooked.. Scary though is the oldest in 5 years (Son and Dier) will be only 29 in 5 years.
Fuck me, this post really did age like milk.

Harry Kane
Dele Ali
Erik Lamela
Heung Min Son
Harry Winks
Eric Dier
Tom Caroll

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Back
Top Bottom