New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
Original thread content from 'Audere' said:
Apolz if there is a proper thread on this I did a search but nothing came up.

Just seen on the news that the building work on the new stadium wont start until next year....The earliest. And the best case scenario for completion is 2017. 2017! But that will probably slip in 2018 or later....

What gives? I appreciate its going to be a technical build but this seems an awful lot of disruption for a long time. Wembley was built quicker ffs.

Still at least the Sainsbury's has been built.

Edit: Thread starter changed - Case

Last edited:

Just seen on the news that the building work on the new stadium wont start until next year....The earliest. And the best case scenario for completion is 2017. 2017! But that will probably slip in 2018 or later....

What gives? I appreciate its going to be a technical build but this seems an awful lot of disruption for a long time. Wembley was built quicker ffs.

Have they got sausage rolls?

Where did you see that info about when construction on the stadium is due to start?

There hasn't been an update on the Spurs website for virtually a year. 18/09/12 was the last update, nothing official since.

Was on BBC news.
I think a lot of the delays are political more than anything else. Not exactly easy to erect a huge stadium in one of the shittest parts of London/UK

Is there any chance that the stadium will end up with some lower priced tickets than we currently have? Expand the capacity to 60K and surely that increases the supply, meaning that lower prices are expected if demand stays consistent.

Plus, I dread to think what this'll do to the already anaemic atmosphere...

Is there any chance that the stadium will end up with some lower priced tickets than we currently have? Expand the capacity to 60K and surely that increases the supply, meaning that lower prices are expected if demand stays consistent.

Plus, I dread to think what this'll do to the already anaemic atmosphere...

I really thin its where you sit in regard to the atmosphere. For the Sirwansie game I thought it was pretty good. Plus there seemed to have been a sea change in attitude from the stewards. Everyone in the park lane and that side of the shelf stood throughout the game without any hassle.

Where do you sit?

Exactly @ Gothamizm Gothamizm the atmosphere is going to be dead and buried forever. I doubt there's any turning back now though, it's shite anyway.

Apart from that I love the lane and don't see an extra 22000 people wanting to watch Tottenham vs Stoke

Exactly @ Gothamizm Gothamizm the atmosphere is going to be dead and buried forever. I doubt there's any turning back now though, it's shite anyway.

Apart from that I love the lane and don't see an extra 22000 people wanting to watch Tottenham vs Stoke

I don't know. The idea of the biggest 'kop' in Europe might help. The club will also have a chance to ask if the fans that get the season tickets want to be in a 'singing' section.

Cringey I know but this is an opportunity and I hope the club think of everything, hellfire they could do a lot worse than ask various fan sections such as 1882 for a bit of feedback in how to beef up the atmosphere.

They've certainly got the time...

Back
Top Bottom