New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wembley was too much. As we saw in the decline in ticket sales and shutting the upper tier. Affected a lot of people.

And people on here who either knew people on the new stadium site or dealt with companies working there with long standing professional relationships were all being told it won’t be ready. I saw photos of areas and knew what people were producing. The timing like most builds was not feasible.

And speak up to get abused, called liars all sorts on here. it was never going to be ready!

In regards to the new ground I think allowing people to move seats and getting groups who know each is the key.
It’s what we had at the Lane of old and what is missing here, well that’s one thing anyway.
Pricing does chase a particular type of “customer”.
Seems London clubs can charge these ridiculous prices and get away with it. No chance anywhere else in the country. Having said that....Liverpool have a bigger percentage of corporate seats than we do. 8k in 54. Us 9k in 62. Only just though and they can sell theirs easily at the moment.

Seems London clubs can charge these ridiculous prices and get away with it. No chance anywhere else in the country. Having said that....Liverpool have a bigger percentage of corporate seats than we do. 8k in 54. Us 9k in 62. Only just though and they can sell theirs easily at the moment.

Wonder what they charge though?? Our prices are mental.
Sure we make more money than they do on corporate seats.

My ST is on the same level as the higher ones on the east stand.
Never been full. Not for one game.

Including first game back and City and Ajax in the CL.

ENIC asking too much £ even of the corporate fans to sell out the stadium.

Planning Application for the old Sainsbury's store, now a B&M store.

http://www.planningservices.ha...ationSearchServlet?PKID=3819

I also found the two images below showing where the clubs owners are looking to build in and around the area. Seems like there's about 7-8 tall builds to go up over time:

aerialv2.jpg

3125303_proposalsspurs.jpeg

Looking at Google maps, I'm pretty sure the B&M is located where the car park is bottom left of the image (the big grey roofed area). A fair old bit of land right there for the club to build on it seems, especially if the club no way owns the car park as well.

Last edited:
My mate would seriously argue there is a massive profit in beer, he reckons by the time all is said and done, including run off, pipe cleaning, higher labour costs etc etc he’s lucky to make 40p on the pound compared to spirits which turns around 2.50 on the pound, 3.50+ with a standard mixer.
But he’s always bitching anyway so fuck knows!
That's almost certainly right. There's a lot less booze in a standard measure of spirits - about 1 unit in a shot compared to 3 units in a pint of beer or cider. So less of the most expensive part of the product, far far less tax and duty etc and yet they often cost the same or more. And as he says, they also give you the chance to sell 200ml of Coke (cost price about 5-10p) for £1 or £1.50.

I also found the two images below showing where the clubs owners are looking to build in and around the area. Seems like there's about 7-8 tall builds to go up over time:

aerialv2.jpg

Looking at Google maps, I'm pretty sure the B&M is located where the car park is bottom left of the image (the big grey roofed area). A fair old bit of land right there for the club to build on it seems, especially if the club no way owns the car park as well.

Any ideas when they are planning to build this?

As I posted already, I have sold all my season ticket games until Feb, I just got to the point where it cannot in my head and heart be justified anymore.

Wembley was the start of my frustration with the Club, I especially felt that last seasons late decisions to remain at Wembley were frankly dishonest. I’d been on a stadium tour in early June 2018 and it was obvious how far away the stadium was from completion. They sold it anyway and thousands of us found our way back to Wembley as a result.

since returning “home” it’s ranged from excellent to utterly crap, mostly driven by performance standards on the pitch. Although things like away supporters in the home end do not help at all either.

it’s all become a drag, because for years it’s been a drag, and I don’t have any incentive at the moment to go back.

the quality of players at the club does not justify this absolutely abhorrent level of “product”. And there remains a void from above where leadership should be.

Are you giving your ST up at the end of the season?

aerialv2.jpg

They cant knock down the old Sainsburys, where are the Gooners gonna run when they try and get brave
:dude:;)

My mate would seriously argue there is a massive profit in beer, he reckons by the time all is said and done, including run off, pipe cleaning, higher labour costs etc etc he’s lucky to make 40p on the pound compared to spirits which turns around 2.50 on the pound, 3.50+ with a standard mixer.
But he’s always bitching anyway so fuck knows!
It's true that the margins on spirits is way higher, in Sweden the mark up ranges from 3 to 4.5x compared to beer which is closer to 2-2.5x. But unless you're running a club or niche cocktail bar you will sell a LOT more beer.

But the same is true for everything a bar or restaurant will sell, the mark up for protein is at least 3 but closer to 4, the reason it's so much less profitable is the cost of preparing and storing (as well as waste...) the food, whereas drinks require little to no money to prepare once you've bought the taps and whatever.

Still, beer and wine is generally the only thing that will keep a regular pub in business. The food is a loss maker for at least 30 percent of places. You only sell it so people will come in for a pint.

Your mate's right anyhow

aerialv2.jpg

www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=1327529

Decent summary of the planning application, including maps to show location and 'pictorial' to show the design on the link above.

Development includes flats (25% affordable), some retail space, and 1,220sqm of play space and 4,010sqm of public park including Peacock Park and an extension to the children's 'play ground' (recreation area) of the Brook House Development (built by Tottenham as a JV with a social homes provider) Primary School

The B&M site (as Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain correctly identifies the big grey topped buildings ) is next to The Goods Yard Site Goods Yard Tottenham – Goods Yard Tottenham (The red triangle highlighted in Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain post) for which Spurs received Planning Permission, but only taking Haringey to court for refusing to consider the application. And Haringey lost 6-0 on the grounds it put forward for not considering and granting planning permission.

Overall I'd guess the planning application for the B & M site is of a similar standard and overall contribution to the High Road West area to the Goods Yard Development - but with a much greater delivery of open recreational space.

So to summarise, The Brook House Development is adjacent to the Goods Yard development and in turn next to B & M site - so the 3 developments form a line.

Incidentally one of the reasons (but not highlighted to by the council in their refusal to deal with the Goods Yard planning application is that Haringey formed a JV with Lendlease (huge international property developer) to develop High Road West which included The Goods Yard and B & M Site as part of that...…… Conflict of interest in giving (or not) planning permission for Tottenham whilst wishing to develop the sites themselves, surely not ! Wonder whether Haringey will grant planning permission or repeat the court fight over the B&M site.

Any ideas when they are planning to build this?

Spurs have 3 years (usually) from the time that Planning Permission has been granted. There may be issues of detail yet to be agreed with the council, and they will need agreement from council to actually put spade into ground.

Spurs have the Goods Yard site (next to it) with Planning granted 6 months or so ago - don't know if they will want to do both as one big development (both are in effect derelict sites) or do them separately.

It's true that the margins on spirits is way higher, in Sweden the mark up ranges from 3 to 4.5x compared to beer which is closer to 2-2.5x. But unless you're running a club or niche cocktail bar you will sell a LOT more beer.

But the same is true for everything a bar or restaurant will sell, the mark up for protein is at least 3 but closer to 4, the reason it's so much less profitable is the cost of preparing and storing (as well as waste...) the food, whereas drinks require little to no money to prepare once you've bought the taps and whatever.

Still, beer and wine is generally the only thing that will keep a regular pub in business. The food is a loss maker for at least 30 percent of places. You only sell it so people will come in for a pint.

Your mate's right anyhow

Stadium will be very different to a pub's economics though - they will get higher gross margins (may well be buying beer for less than a pound but selling for £4 a pint all taxes paid is good business) - and cost of cleaning pipes etc will be tiny as a % of turnover, and likewise staff costs due to the constant throughput. Margins on spirits and mixers may be higher, but more staff intensive to deliver.

Margins on food will again be high due to the huge demand - but you are correct the margins on high meat content food are less than non meat ones. But as an example, I can buy a fantastic burger made at Smithfield (London's large meat wholesale market) made from finest quality beef for 80p/burger....add a bun, salads and pickles so might be £1.50 total cost of ingredients to serve but saleable anywhere at say £10 - £15 each........so margins should be no problem.

Wastage on food and drink at Spurs will be low due to the high throughput and constant events - and with NFL, rugby, conferences/exhibitions and other events to be announced, the kitchens and bars will probably be used at least weekly so its just a question of restocking - not throwing away food which can be kept for the next event(s).

Spurs have 3 years (usually) from the time that Planning Permission has been granted. There may be issues of detail yet to be agreed with the council, and they will need agreement from council to actually put spade into ground.

Spurs have the Goods Yard site (next to it) with Planning granted 6 months or so ago - don't know if they will want to do both as one big development (both are in effect derelict sites) or do them separately.
Thanks mate. I live local. Good to some regeneration.

My reasons are currently more A-Z!! I’m mainly I’m focusing on health, work and family at weekends at the moment.

A lot of the joy has gone from watching Spurs. And being treated like a theatre goer is not really my cup of tea.

But your point is ignoring the obvious financial argument.

Tourists will pay whatever to watch football. (And it would seem older people happy to do the conga around the concourse on a Saturday afternoon).

The football crowd has changed. As it always would at the new stadium. That was the aim.

Mr Average from Herts who wants to take his 2 kids to a game is forking out £100- £150+ a time for a football match. 19x a season.
Well you can do the maths. That’s a decent part of a family holiday with the Mrs.

The matches are boring, the stewards can at times be pretty aggressive and I can fully understand why people have an issue paying the highest prices in the premiership to watch a frankly below average Premier League football side.

I cant be arsed anymore either. Football used to compete with the pub and the cinema. Now, as you say, it competes with easyjet/ryanair holidays. Id rather top up my tan than moan at Aurier.

Thats why the atmosphere is shit. Too many people are priced out.

Back
Top Bottom