New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to the Chicken House in the South Stand for the first time on Saturday - was ok if a bit dry. Cost £7 for which money i could have had 4 Chicken Breasts and 2 monster portions of Chips in Chick King. And still have 40p change.
...but the queues outside Chick King were ridiculous. All for a bit skin & bone and a few chips.

One of the guys I work with was a corporate guest (Villa supporter), I asked him what he thought of the stadium. He was very impressed and said it was probably the best stadium in the world. Music to my ears, daft really to feel so much pride, but I do.

Anyone else slightly miss the bright blue seats of the old White Hart Lane ?

A brighter shade of blue at the new gaf would really make it absolutely perfect.

I’m aware that I’m really picking at things here.... I mean we could be discussing painting a running track.
No way, Jose! The non-shiny, navy seats are so classy, and I'm so glad that we haven't picked out our name in white seats, as "less is more".

Getting back to the important topic - food - I know I've mentioned it before, but the Koyum Turkish, just across the High Rd opposite the stadium is absolutely superb. Cheap, loads of food on your plate, not just the basics, good, friendly service and CHAIRS AND TABLES. It's cash only. They also do burgers, chips, etc if you really can't survive without eating crap.

oops - forgot the graphic :angryscouser:

Last edited:
Couldnt make the first game at home, on level 1 in the North Stand, is the IT (Computer Room) all lit up, so you can now see through the glass ?

Couldnt make the first game at home, on level 1 in the North Stand, is the IT (Computer Room) all lit up, so you can now see through the glass ?
You can see through the glass now, but I wouldn't call it 'all lit up'. It's possible to see a row of large rectangular dark metal cuboids, which are bigger than my laptop. For all I know they might be lawnmower sheds.

Spurs application for minor works to 790-794 High Road (Ref HGY/2019/0315) which are locally listed buildings opposite the Stadium. Think these were a requirement for getting the stadium planning consent.

Anyway, make the whole area look pretty !

The proposed works are for sympathetic repairs only, to the exterior facades and roofs of numbers 790-794 High Road, Tottenham. Repairs and re-landscaping works have already been completed to No. 796 High Road. This application proposes to continue the repair works to the southern end of the terrace, to property numbers 790-794. These works will enhance the appearance of these listed buildings and the surrounding conservation area.

This application is for Listed Building Consent only:
- No internal works are proposed within this application
- No demolition of floor area is proposed within this application
- No new floor area is proposed within this application

The proposed works include:
- Like-for-like brick repairs and repointing
- Minimal like-for-like timber scarf repairs to rotted sections of windows
- Like-for-like replacement of defective render
- Replacement of modern roofing materials with traditional lead
- Tinting of modern brickwork to match historic
- Reinstatement of original portico design to no.792
- Enhanced front forecourts: removal of modern concrete and replace with stone and soft landscaping, commensurate with the age of the properties. 2

I really enjoyed the tour, the more I see of it, the more impressive it is. The attention to detail is staggering. The two guides were enthusiastic and obviously supporters, to boot, which does add to the experience.
The tour stays in the West Stand and you see the various lounges (very luxurious, as expected), and if money was no object, then I wouldn't mind a ticket in the tunnel club.
Sitting in Poch's touchline seat is a treat (it reclines!) but the highlight has to be the home dressing room, would love to be a fly on the wall during a Poch half-time team talk.
Poch personally chose the pictures on the walls in the corridor to his office and the players' dining room, and they include the one of Bill Nick at the old gates, the Double side on the ladder, and the one of the gold cockerel being put on top of the West. But the one that really caught my eye was the one of the old boy who used to sit in the Paxton who had an old wooden rattle, which was taken at the Finale, as I took one myself.
I will probably do the NFL one when it commences, as that will concentrate on the East Stand and the Skywalk.
Definitely recommend it.

Tottenham Hotspur will refinance more than GBP400m with Bank of America borrowed to pay for their GBP1b new stadium in north London that opened earlier this year, The Athletic reports without attribution.
New private placement will turn that debt into bonds with staggered maturities between 15 and 30 years, rather than in 2022 under previous terms
Champions League finalist soccer team has sought to take advantage of low interest rates in the U.S.
Tottenham and Bank of America each declined to comment to The Athletic

Makes sense. The 2yr bond yield is currently around 1.53% vs 2.07% in the 30yr, Ergo, the spread (differential) is 0.54%, much lower than the 2.04% back at the very end of 2016 & even the 0.8% a month ago.

Although i would have thought they would refinance in Sterling to remove exchange rate risk.

In which case the UK 30yr yield is just 1,02% vs 0.51% for the 2yr (0.51% spread) compared to 2.0% at the end of 2016 & 1.28% last December.

Good business.

Tottenham Hotspur will refinance more than GBP400m with Bank of America borrowed to pay for their GBP1b new stadium in north London that opened earlier this year, The Athletic reports without attribution.
New private placement will turn that debt into bonds with staggered maturities between 15 and 30 years, rather than in 2022 under previous terms
Champions League finalist soccer team has sought to take advantage of low interest rates in the U.S.
Tottenham and Bank of America each declined to comment to The Athletic

Makes sense. The 2yr bond yield is currently around 1.53% vs 2.07% in the 30yr, Ergo, the spread (differential) is 0.54%, much lower than the 2.04% back at the very end of 2016 & even the 0.8% a month ago.
Don't understand a word of it (my 'investments' are ISAs and Premium Bonds!) but thank goodness Daniel seems to know what he's doing :)

Spurs application for minor works to 790-794 High Road (Ref HGY/2019/0315) which are locally listed buildings opposite the Stadium. Think these were a requirement for getting the stadium planning consent.

Anyway, make the whole area look pretty !

The proposed works are for sympathetic repairs only, to the exterior facades and roofs of numbers 790-794 High Road, Tottenham. Repairs and re-landscaping works have already been completed to No. 796 High Road. This application proposes to continue the repair works to the southern end of the terrace, to property numbers 790-794. These works will enhance the appearance of these listed buildings and the surrounding conservation area.

This application is for Listed Building Consent only:
- No internal works are proposed within this application
- No demolition of floor area is proposed within this application
- No new floor area is proposed within this application

The proposed works include:
- Like-for-like brick repairs and repointing
- Minimal like-for-like timber scarf repairs to rotted sections of windows
- Like-for-like replacement of defective render
- Replacement of modern roofing materials with traditional lead
- Tinting of modern brickwork to match historic
- Reinstatement of original portico design to no.792
- Enhanced front forecourts: removal of modern concrete and replace with stone and soft landscaping, commensurate with the age of the properties. 2
Those buildings already look good. The money would be better-spent if it was used to give the shops & cafes opposite a facelift. I'm sure the owners wouldn't object!

Back
Top Bottom