New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hoddle posted this last week:

What an unbelievable stadium!! Well done to everyone @SpursOfficial for creating this masterpiece and what a fantastic result on the pitch to go with it. Shame about Harry but let’s hope it isn’t too serious for both #Spurs and #England.

D3zV4MZWwAECCLn.jpg:large

I'm not sure why they need high tech ticket barriers inside, but low tech blokes-with-handheld-scanners outside as well. One problem yesterday was the sun, which has only been around 4.063 billion years (yes I googled it), shining on the scanners and/or phones. Mine didn't work with the first one (I said it was the sun) or the second one I was then sent to (I said it was the sun). The guy next to me gave up with his phone and got his ticket out, which worked. Then the sun went in and mine worked. Seems like a massive potential bottleneck.
Wasn’t just me then thank fuck.
Got to a steward with a scanner, wouldn’t scan the tickets. A walk the full length of the ground, against the flow of traffic, to get to ticket office.
Printed off the tickets there after a load of fucking about with queue & ID, went back round the stadium, still didn’t bloody work & so just got waved through by the next steward. Worked perfectly through the turnstile.
:walker-scream:

Wasn’t just me then thank fuck.
Got to a steward with a scanner, wouldn’t scan the tickets. A walk the full length of the ground, against the flow of traffic, to get to ticket office.
Printed off the tickets there after a load of fucking about with queue & ID, went back round the stadium, still didn’t bloody work & so just got waved through by the next steward. Worked perfectly through the turnstile.
:walker-scream:
Got to love a trier....they almost did it...

Don't know if it has been mentioned in these recent pages, but the pitch seems to be a bit slippery. Has anyone else noticed the amount of grass being torn up when players are planting?

Edit: I'm an idiot who can't scroll up to see this exact conversation unfolding
It's a new surface though, probably needs a good few matches worth of players running over it for it to bed in properly...

For anyone showing concerns about the attendance figures for the first few games (I've seen a few use the word embarassing which is ridiculous), the below link is worth five minutes of your time. Barcelona had an average attanedance of 70,568, just 71% of their capacity last season:

Last edited:
That's kinda embarrassing!

I visited the Barcelona back in January and saw them play Leganes I think it was on Sunday evening, 50,000 in attendance so a half empty stadium. Even Real Madrid had an average of 65k-68k last season, depending on what source you read.

We'll get lower attendances, every team charging top dollar will. I'd rather a few hundred empty seats for half the games as it means a few will be able to take their children more, something they were unable to do back at WHL

None of the boys in my football teams believe me when I describe the mud we used to play in as a kid.
Snow,hail whatever .... football was very different back then for professionals and kids.

Same here. When not for a team I'd kick it about each day with my brothers and mates on totally shit pitches, snow, rain, wind, ice, it didn't matter. We even tried to play on as much as possible after it got dark. Just loved playing football. I never see kids playing football like I used to, they don't seem to have the same obsession.

Same here. When not for a team I'd kick it about each day with my brothers and mates on totally shit pitches, snow, rain, wind, ice, it didn't matter. We even tried to play on as much as possible after it got dark. Just loved playing football. I never see kids playing football like I used to, they don't seem to have the same obsession.

Yeah sadly you’re right.
FIFA, fortnite whatever else is flavour of the month.

Different times. I was just made up to get a kit and football at Xmas.
That was the only present I wanted. Kids now have so much choice what to do and parents generally prefer to know where they are.

Winter would be out whatever the weather. Summer play until 9pm very night. Really not comparable with today at all.

Never really thought about this. But school was basically enduring lessons to get to the break. Every minute at one stage of my school career was a kickabout. Even in the halls.

Back
Top Bottom