New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, I am out of luck anyway.

Swapped some work weekend oncall for a colleague a few weeks back, So am now working on the Sunday and Saturday event !!

Only slight chance I have now is THFC may need some people from my company on site for both test events, to monitor some of the equipment we installed.. Hmm, watch all the people come out of the woodwork and take the option... grrrr.

New employee stewards with identifying scanners, pre emoted to go out and familiarise themselves with them....
Can imagine being asked 4 times to scan your card and being asked who you are....

Fair enough. I was under the apprehension that it would be like the open day thing where you just tapped in like on the tube.

I'd be amazed if we don't see a friendly at the new ground each preseason for the next 5 years or so.

If we make it to the Champions League each season these friendly games will allow for a hell of a lot of supporters that ain't members to get tickets and see the new place. £25 a ticket, £15.5m for ticket sales just for a friendly. Makes sense to utilise the place as much as possible
It could be called the Abucus Cup.
:sonpoint::dierpochhug:

New employee stewards with identifying scanners, pre emoted to go out and familiarise themselves with them....
Can imagine being asked 4 times to scan your card and being asked who you are....
What is an “identifying scanner?”.

Like we said previously, you’re not obliged to carry ID... Unless you’re a male using a females season ticket or young using OAP, it’ll be fine.

Evening all, Huddersfield Town fan here in confused “want to sort train tickets” quandary...

What’s the latest re our fixture? I know it’s pencilled in for lunchtime on the 13th but subject to being moved to the Sunday. Is this decision pending your champs league draw and what draw would result in it being moved?

Already fallen foul of taking a crafty punt on cheap train tickets for a sat 3pm kick off so think I’ll wait for official confirmation this time!

Thanks in advance and good luck with the new stadium and for the rest of the season

Evening all, Huddersfield Town fan here in confused “want to sort train tickets” quandary...

What’s the latest re our fixture? I know it’s pencilled in for lunchtime on the 13th but subject to being moved to the Sunday. Is this decision pending your champs league draw and what draw would result in it being moved?

Already fallen foul of taking a crafty punt on cheap train tickets for a sat 3pm kick off so think I’ll wait for official confirmation this time!

Thanks in advance and good luck with the new stadium and for the rest of the season

The only reason I could see for moving it is if City or Liverpool have to play a CL on the following Tuesday, with us playing on the Wednesday so they may move one of their matches to the Saturday and ours to the Sunday, which seems a bit unfair. The CL fixtures will be out tomorrow a few hours after the draw.

If UEFA schedule Manchester City or Liverpool to play on Tuesday 15th, their games will have to move to Saturday 12th, and swap with one of the selected TV fixtures. So if both play Tuesday we'll almost certainly be moved to Sunday, if both play Wednesday then we shouldn't be, and if it's one of each then the TV companies will decide whether to swap with our game or the late kick-off from Manchester United vs West Ham. You're definitely better off waiting until there's official confirmation after the draw for them to sort it out.

On the bright side, as grim as this season looks to have been for you guys, at least this bullshit presumably won't affect you too much in the Championship! Best of luck and kudos for still cheering the team on despite it all.

Back
Top Bottom