New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

image.php

The cladding on the south east corner of the stadium is now almost completed. Next to it the framework looks very like the framework housing the big screen on the west side of the stadium so I would not be surprised if another non rectangular screen was fitted there.

The main framework is about 95% complete - I guess they are waiting for the other pieces to be manufactured as their are fixings in place for them (and have been for at least a week). About two thirds of the inner framework is in place on the east stand (albeit with one or two gaps - oversight, intentional or awiting parts ?), so hopefully a matter of a week or so before the rest is complete and the final cladding can begin.

The south east crane is fully gone now, I guess the crane on the south west will be on next week's 'to do' list, which will mean there will be no more cranes left on site ! Surely a major point in the build process.

Last edited:
It's ironic that all the years I wanted to go to matches at The Lane, as a non season ticket holder or member it was almost impossible to get tickets.

This year with the games being at Wembley and with so many supporters now refusing to go there, it would have been much easier. However my ongoing health issues mean I can't really go.

By the time I'm fit again we'll be in NWHL and I'll be back to not being able to get tickets again!

I'm sure in the new place with 62k capacity, you'll get tickets no problem

For the first season or so it will be extremely difficult. After the initial bedding in period, the lesser games won't be a problem. That said, those people who expect to take the family and and sit together, should think again. If we ever get in a position where we can sell adjoining seats for a league game to members of the public, we will be in serious trouble. Otherwise, I would suggest to such people they support West Ham.

As a season ticket holder what are my options for getting 2 tickets next to each other (anywhere in the ground) for me and my 13 y.o. daughter who is a plus member? Talking about the new stadium obviously.

I’m guessing I’ll need another plus membership and to stump up for 2 tickets on top of the ST, assuming I’m able to get in in time and find 2 together. Is that right? I would really like to be able to go to the opening game with her.

Did an interview yesterday about how the new stadium and a football club affects everyday life for people living in the Borough.
I really enjoyed it.i feel all lovey and sophisticated.
Might start wearing a cravat and a smoking jacket.....

Being famous comes at a price Sean.. I too am famous but I only dropped a few members of my friends and family..I do advise getting an agent though to handle all the mail and begging letters.

I was on Sky sports when George Graham became our manager. Was picking up my ticket when some Pillock shoved a microphone in my face and asked what I thought about George Graham becoming our new manager with his Woolwich connections..
I gave a pretty stupid reply about I’m not happy about him being ex Woolwich but We should give him a chance or something like that.

Keep your feet firmly on the ground and don’t let fame take over..:dembelelol:

I think it will be a mad scramble to begin with.

We have regularly filled Wembley with 90k so 62k means a lot of people will be looking for only a certain number of tickets.

42k ST holders, approx 10k corporate and 3k leaves just 7k for members (and tourists I guess).

Being famous comes at a price Sean.. I too am famous but I only dropped a few members of my friends and family..I do advise getting an agent though to handle all the mail and begging letters.

I was on Sky sports when George Graham became our manager. Was picking up my ticket when some Pillock shoved a microphone in my face and asked what I thought about George Graham becoming our new manager with his Woolwich connections..
I gave a pretty stupid reply about I’m not happy about him being ex Woolwich but We should give him a chance or something like that.

Keep your feet firmly on the ground and don’t let fame take over..:dembelelol:
Thanks for the advice mate..It's not easy at the top.

Nice 1 Dub
:dierpochhug:

I have put my hands up and admitted I got that one slightly wrong.
:pochhail:

Although I was, of course, as delighted as anyone once the thing started going up.

Must be great working with you:
“The boss is cunt he’ll never give me a raise, tight selfish bastard doesn’t give a shit about the little people.....this company is a fucking joke, taking all the money and buying yachts and not investing in the staff”

*gets raise*

“Oooh I’m so delighted now!”

Try excercising a little forsesight and understanding longevity once in a while then you won’t have to keep holding your hands up and admitting you were wrong every five minutes.

No new stadium
Selling Walker is a mistake
Kane won’t get pay rise
Kane will be sold despite new contract
Poch won’t get new contract
Poch was tricked
Poch will leave
Toby will be sold
Squad isn’t good enough to compete

Back
Top Bottom