New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the West stand cladding almost finished there are a couple of new cameras for the East Stand about to come online, someone on SSC got a sneak preview...
IbwQIHk.png

Lw8CSNQ.png

I think this just means that shortly (maybe by the end of the week) the south and west sides of the stadium cladding will be complete and the main action to the outside of the stadium will be the east side.

On the East side at least 75% of the main framework is in place and there has been more added in the last few days so by the end of the week it'll be about complete, so just the infill framework to do and cladding. I'd guess if all the crews move to the east side it'll be just about done by end December (assuming no 2 week Xmas break) or early January

That sounds very reasonable and of course it doesn't really matter, as it's inside the stadium is what matters most.

I do still wonder about the design choice though. Why not keep it as shown in the concept image giving said sponsor more square inch's for their buck?

I'm not OCD on this, just interested.

I'm going to have a guess that details such as the sky walk were not envisioned in the original concept ideas. As these bits were added things had to be moved and adjusted accordingly. I'd imagine it was said that the stairs leading to the sky walk would obscure the corner of the screen, and Levy decided that fans paying to go on the sky walk would generate more money than the corner of the screen, therefore the sacrifice was made.

I'm sure Spurs fans will only ever get into the ground floor - upper floors will be for administration/IT etc so accessible only by Spurs staff when the ticket office is in operation so upper floors needn't be finished, at least internally.

But for Spurs to 'open it' to fans I think that the outside of the building will need to be complete and all the interior of the ground floor fully wired, walls and floors in the 'finished state' and furniture in, and outside all the paving etc in place. Otherwise why let the fans see it ?

Looks a lot of work to be done in the next 2 weeks....but as I say if the building is now watertight and they are actually doing the internal wiring and general fit out, its probably 'doable' but possibly requiring 24 x 7 working to finish it.

Lets see what it looks like in a week, and maybe it'll look as if its all coming together ?

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦
Looks from the cameras that the half of the ticket office next to the stadium will have cladding on rather than be like the other half which is brick (and al but complete), and the cladding is going on pretty quickly so the outside of the ticket office should definitely be complete by 16th.

And in the pics at night it looks like the insides are already being worked on - even at least the first floor - so I'd guess the ground floor will be complete and the upper floors at least have first fix plumbing and electrics. So maybe panic over ! Tight but very doable

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦
Looks from the cameras that the half of the ticket office next to the stadium will have cladding on rather than be like the other half which is brick (and al but complete), and the cladding is going on pretty quickly so the outside of the ticket office should definitely be complete by 16th.

And in the pics at night it looks like the insides are already being worked on - even at least the first floor - so I'd guess the ground floor will be complete and the upper floors at least have first fix plumbing and electrics. So maybe panic over ! Tight but very doable
I also think it's a good sign that there's a 'race' to get something finished on the building, as for me that alone shows that there is an expectancy that the stadium will be open, why else would there be such focus on getting it done??? (Double the amount of people picking tickets up etc than at old WHL and no ticket office in Paxton as that's been demolished).

There is scope to just have the ticket issuing part ready (assuming this is ground floor, maybe there is access from the pavement via a window like the ticket booths in Paxton Road North Stand, no need to have fans walk into the building at all). I will assume that the old ticket office in Park Lane will remain open for match days too until the whole of the new Ticket Office will be finished and habitable, which could be in time for the first game at this rate, just maybe not the test events?????

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that more people have OCD than I ever realised.

Or at least more people claim to have OCD.
I might not be diagnosed or so over the top that it adversely effects me, but if there are things that look like they should be straight, placed in a pattern, or equidistantly apart I will make every effort to fix it.

My wife doesn't understand why I get up and fix pictures that most people wouldn't even notice are crooked, or constantly fidget with lamp shades or, right now, the Christmas decorations so they are just so. The temperature has to be set on an even number, and in the car where we have multi-zone climate control, it drives me crazy to look down and not see them set to the same temp.

I also think it's a good sign that there's a 'race' to get something finished on the building, as for me that alone shows that there is an expectancy that the stadium will be open, why else would there be such focus on getting it done??? (Double the amount of people picking tickets up etc than at old WHL and no ticket office in Paxton as that's been demolished).

There is scope to just have the ticket issuing part ready (assuming this is ground floor, maybe there is access from the pavement via a window like the ticket booths in Paxton Road North Stand, no need to have fans walk into the building at all). I will assume that the old ticket office in Park Lane will remain open for match days too until the whole of the new Ticket Office will be finished and habitable, which could be in time for the first game at this rate, just maybe not the test events?????

From the size of the ticket office, I'd have thought that the design will be for fans to go into the ground floor - and possibly one or more windows from outside for a quick queue eg just picking up tickets. Personally I'd doubt if fans will go to the first floor - unless that is specifically for premium tickets and boxes - as there's probably room for say a dozen or more people behind the counter to talk to on the first floor.

I'd be confident that the upper floors will be complete by end December (mid January worst case) as now the building looks water tight they will be able to do first fix electrics (there are lights on inside the building already - could be a temporary cable from Lillywhite House but I doubt it) and plumbing, if they haven't already, and after that, there really isn't a lot more to do as they are just office buildings, so 3 - 6 weeks maximum.

It maybe that the old ticket office in Park Lane closes for good by the end of this month - in fact it may have closed by 16th !

I'm going to have a guess that details such as the sky walk were not envisioned in the original concept ideas. As these bits were added things had to be moved and adjusted accordingly. I'd imagine it was said that the stairs leading to the sky walk would obscure the corner of the screen, and Levy decided that fans paying to go on the sky walk would generate more money than the corner of the screen, therefore the sacrifice was made.
I understand what you mean. I believe the skywalk was always in the design. They had the screen more to the left in the picture I posted. Just a change of design is all I guess.

Back
Top Bottom