New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

K0w87Q9l.png

Not sure I'd call the installation rate as being at 'great pace' - this is the approximate position on Wednesday morning that I posted (page 835) and from Mr AV's drone footage that whilst there have certainly been some additional cassettes installed its a maximum of 1 or 2 extra complete sections plus some 'random' ones so still about one third of the roof installed and two thirds to go....
OK, got a bit excited but they're averaging almost a section a day...

I am optimistic the roof will be finished - but its going to be a long old June watching it being installed.....and into July to put the 'filler' inbetween the roof cassettes
I have no clue how those contracts for stadium builds work, but I would guess Levy would make the contracters pay for the extra expenses it takes to put in the extra workers OR risk paying a huge fine, so nothing will be left be chance

Dunno what the forecast is like London way, but here we’ve got Thunder forecast pretty much every day between now and Saturday.

If it is over that way, can’t imagine they’ll let them up on the roof if Thor is chucking some bolts about.

I have no clue how those contracts for stadium builds work, but I would guess Levy would make the contracters pay for the extra expenses it takes to put in the extra workers OR risk paying a huge fine, so nothing will be left be chance

I'm sure that the timescales they need to perform is in the contract, and it will be financially better to perform - but also a huge reputational risk if they do not

Dunno what the forecast is like London way, but here we’ve got Thunder forecast pretty much every day between now and Saturday.

If it is over that way, can’t imagine they’ll let them up on the roof if Thor is chucking some bolts about.

Thunder and lightening just started where I am in central London, BBC forecast is to expect more of the same until Wednesday.

Certainly not good news for roof installation and maybe other things could be affected eg installing glass into the metal framework of the south stand.

I'm sure that the timescales they need to perform is in the contract, and it will be financially better to perform - but also a huge reputational risk if they do not
Very true indeed! Knowing that there aren’t a lot of companies that can do such projects, you don’t want to be known as ‘the bad one’!

So far today its been nice weather and no wind in central London where I am, but thunder, lightening and rain forecast for later today.

Same for next 2 or 3 days, but if its like today chances are that there will be at least half a good working day, so we might lose one working day on roof and some other outside jobs but its by no means a major problem

So I was thinking today about the naming rights for the new ground, and the fact there has been no announcement yet of the chosen name. It’s been a while since there have even been any whispers either.

There are two possible explanations for this.

1) there is a deal in place, it just hasn’t been announced yet. It’s also been kept very quiet.

2) no deal has been struck yet. Possibly due to no organisation offering what Levy would consider as an acceptable offer, and he’s waiting on the right one arriving, even at this late stage.

So which one do you think it is?

So I was thinking today about the naming rights for the new ground, and the fact there has been no announcement yet of the chosen name. It’s been a while since there have even been any whispers either.

1) there is a deal in place, it just hasn’t been announced yet. It’s also been kept very quiet.

2) no deal has been struck yet. Possibly due to no organisation offering what Levy would consider as an acceptable offer, and he’s waiting on the right one arriving, even at this late stage.

Is it possible that the stadium naming rights might also buy out the remainder of the AIA shirt sponsorship?

If so - could that be something that can only be announced publicly after a certain date?

I'll go with (1) - its the Transfer Window and DL does not want to be seen to be loaded with monies so the announcement will wait until August/September when the dare the stadium will be opened will formally be announced.

(Ps - ITK says it will be announced as the DHL stadium,,,,,,did you know Daniel's middle name is Horatio ? )

Is it possible that the stadium naming rights might also buy out the remainder of the AIA shirt sponsorship?

If so - could that be something that can only be announced publicly after a certain date?

Not a bad shout but can’t see it. AIA only signed their extension last summer so I would assume that’s pretty solidly in place.

Back
Top Bottom