New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely off topic and purely imaginative as we look well set on playing at Wembley for the whole of next season, but I would love to see us play at Charlton's ground next season. Intimate ground and wouldn't have away teams turning up and playing the match of their lives against us because its Wembley. Too close to Woolwich though.....please don't kill me.
If we were going to go down that sort of route I'd much prefer Craven Cottage to the Valley

A nice view of Core 6 spoiled by somebody scoring their hattrick...
3DB2E21B00000578-4261288-image-a-242_1488118451205.jpg
Top Right Corner of the picture. If Harry keeps on knocking in hat-tricks the stadium won't be finished until 2040.

I don't come in here much but I've read the Bill Nic and Gilpin are both closing to make way for flats. I feel like this is just the start of Tottenham losing it's soul. That's 2 pubs already going and most others will struggle massively when we're away and wouldn't be a shock for more to close. Same with food joints, they'll struggle and some that have been there years will close. They'll be replaced by fancy gastro pubs and the likes of KFC. Tottenham is going to be very different by the time we come back, I'm aware I'm in the minority and most will see it as a good thing.

I don't come in here much but I've read the Bill Nic and Gilpin are both closing to make way for flats. I feel like this is just the start of Tottenham losing it's soul. That's 2 pubs already going and most others will struggle massively when we're away and wouldn't be a shock for more to close. Same with food joints, they'll struggle and some that have been there years will close. They'll be replaced by fancy gastro pubs and the likes of KFC. Tottenham is going to be very different by the time we come back, I'm aware I'm in the minority and most will see it as a good thing.
I fear some of this as well. Its patently clear that tottenham want as much of your match day spend as possible with food and drink outlets threatening local establishments who have relied on match day income. We need to make sure we support the local pubs as much as possible when the ground opens

Last edited:
I hate gentrification. The inevitability of it is the worst thing about it. Impossible to stop.

Good to see you mate.

I'm reserving sympathy for the local establishments that aren't owned/ran by woolwich supporting scum. The positives could be that the area may receive an influx of wealth and could improve the standard of living for the people there. Hard to look past that, and the locals may find their commercial property increases in value.

It's a shame for any "soul" to be lost, but you can't deny that the area needs some rejuvenation, so it's a balance of positives.

Good to see you mate.

I'm reserving sympathy for the local establishments that aren't owned/ran by woolwich supporting scum. The positives could be that the area may receive an influx of wealth and could improve the standard of living for the people there. Hard to look past that, and the locals may find their commercial property increases in value.

It's a shame for any "soul" to be lost, but you can't deny that the area needs some rejuvenation, so it's a balance of positives.
Likewise mate.

The problem I have with it is, whilst the area definitely needs work, I don't think the locals will get to reap the benefits of the regeneration. I've seen it before where they are bought out and have to move elsewhere before their house gets demolished, then an entirely new type of person moves to the area once the flats are built, generally youngish couples from the home counties, so it's them that sees the benefits of the regeneration, the locals are just moved to some other run down area. There will be some locals that benefit from it of course, but for most of them I can't see it being a good thing. Hope I'm wrong obviously

Definitely only closing for refurb.. There is a lot of concern about next season when we play at Wembley but the plan is to re-open next season.

The business owners need to apply for temporary business rates relief due to the redevelopment.

The Billy Nick have tweeted that it is NOT closing permanently just for a refurb.

Good news, might as well take the opportunity as it will have a year on the quiet. Also with 20,000 extra foot traffic they need to sort out the pubs in terms of space, too rammed as it is. The bricklayer is stupid sometimes hate to thing how bad it could get when we upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom