New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbh honest apart from the kop end the rest of the designs look pretty shit. I hate the sloping bowl shape that the emirates and Wembley have, and our kss design is similar apart from the kop. The chavs mock up of Battersea was actually quite good, at least it was square.

I still think (hope & pray) there will be a KOP style stand in there.. what i really dont want to happen is the Gaps behind the goals like at Scumrits.. the design we have in place at the mo are gd as we wud be the closest to the pitch than any other modern stadium wud have and complies with uefa regulations.

Exactly. And the idea of having 15k+ roaring the ball in the net behind the goal makes me moist in the scrotal area.

And also put the fucking away in some fucking corner that doesn't affect us. I'm sick of the fact we always play the second half to the family end.

Tbh honest apart from the kop end the rest of the designs look pretty shit. I hate the sloping bowl shape that the emirates and Wembley have, and our kss design is similar apart from the kop. The chavs mock up of Battersea was actually quite good, at least it was square.

They were hamstrung by the towers. It was never a goer. Aesthetically it is brilliant but truly it was never viable.

The pipes are listed so you can't even put stairs in them.

They were hamstrung by the towers. It was never a goer. Aesthetically it is brilliant but truly it was never viable.

The pipes are listed so you can't even put stairs in them.

That's cool, I appreciate that, but I'm getting at the modern bowl design everyone seems to be going for. Would much rather we built a new stadium in the current shape, or use the land behind Paxton to increase its size.

I like this. I like it a lot. Bloody good idea. And it could be done with far less disruption. The only problem is legacy. At some point we need to re do our stadium. This is perfect but really its just a plaster.

But I like what you are saying.
It has the potential to become a legacy, coming out from the tunnel to 30,000 Spurs supporters. The roofing could be changed to accommodate with Paxton and Park Lane's roofs been slanted down from the Shelf toward the West so to make it become a continuous part of the stadium. Also having the the roof shaped in this manner would help the sound travel from the shelf onto the pitch.

That's cool, I appreciate that, but I'm getting at the modern bowl design everyone seems to be going for. Would much rather we built a new stadium in the current shape, or use the land behind Paxton to increase its size.

Well @ Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko says we should make the shelf the focal point. I'm leaning toward that. Like I have a say lol. I get what your saying but modern architecture dictates the round curved bowl. At least there's a caveat in as much as we would have...on the current plans.... Though case says otherwise the best stand behind a goal in Europe.

Once your inside in a modern stadia the outside look is pretty moot imo.

"Internal fit-out" sounds like it's more to do with reducing costs and increasing efficiency of using the space.
It'll be the posh parts of the stadium, restaurant and lounge interiors, furniture, that kid of shite. I figure the cheaper areas would be similar to now, pretty sparse.

It has the potential to become a legacy, coming out from the tunnel to 30,000 Spurs supporters. The roofing could be changed to accommodate with Paxton and Park Lane's roofs been slanted down from the Shelf toward the West so to make it become a continuous part of the stadium. Also having the the roof shaped in this manner would help the sound travel from the shelf onto the pitch.

Stop it or I will get done for having a wank at work.

It makes sense mate but at some point the whole stadium needs to be done. And to last for a hundred years or so.

Better that we build a whole shell than to do it peace meal.

It just needs to be done correctly from the off. It's a legacy. I do however love your concept of the shelf being the focal point of the new stadia. That is beautiful.

Fuck it. As we're all talking dreams why not have the ' kop' as the biggest tier in Europe behind a goal and still have your shelf.

Baldy. Sort it. You wanker.

not sure if anyone else has seen this but im sure i read there will be a "sky bridge" from top of the new paxton stand to a VIP bar and restaurant on top of sainsburys. if that is true not liking the way the club is goin with this 2 corporate and half the stadium empty for the 1st 10 mins of 2nd half like wembley.. Not the way to go.

Stop it or I will get done for having a wank at work.

It makes sense mate but at some point the whole stadium needs to be done. And to last for a hundred years or so.

Better that we build a whole shell than to do it peace meal.

It just needs to be done correctly from the off. It's a legacy. I do however love your concept of the shelf being the focal point of the new stadia. That is beautiful.

Fuck it. As we're all talking dreams why not have the ' kop' as the biggest tier in Europe behind a goal and still have your shelf.

Baldy. Sort it. You wanker.
Fuck it why not have two 'kops', Paxton and Shelf. At fuck who cares about WHL 100 years from now, we'll all be dead, we have to enjoy it while its here.

In ideal scenario we'd build it out of stone, maybe we could have something quite amazing, we could have stone colonnade's, OMG I'm having a mindgasm... you have these huge thirty metre high stone columns around the stadium, this would make it feel epic, and perhaps two Doric arches, one on the entry to Paxton and one by the entrance to Worcester avenue.

If one used a mixture of Stone and red brick it'd look quite Victorian/Edwardian but it would fit in with the surrounding buildings as it would have that old feel. It would also last an age. If I can be bothered I'll draw some sketches of my idea and post 'em later.

"Internal fit-out" sounds like it's more to do with reducing costs and increasing efficiency of using the space.

60_minute_makeover_Logo1.jpg

Chicka chick aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Actually the biggest issue is transport.

Why Northumberland park is still just a depot amazes me.

This WILL become a hub soon. By soon I mean in 5 to 10 years time. The lines are already there ffs.

Back
Top Bottom