New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ST waiting list (which is approx +100k).
We may technically have this waiting list, but it's a bullshit number. Proved by the fact that they were virtually begging people to take the last remaining season tickets for the new stadium, which was a total increase of about 25,000 I think. So 100K people on the waiting list, only 25k(?) season tickets sold.

I'm sure you know, but if you have a OH+ membership it automatically means you are on the list. And you don't get taken off of it if you turn down the offer of a season ticket year after year. You just stay on it. That's why people who were 60K+ on the list were getting ST's.

It just makes it look like we've got a massive waiting list when in reality it should probably only be about 20,000 people on that list.

Also it wouldn't surprise me to see a fair amount of churn now that the stadium isn't new and people can see that both the new ticket site and exchange works well so you can get tickets to most matches. As you say it's a vanity project to have a season ticket and only use it occasionally.

The club know this, and that's why I think it's unlikely they will implement any sanctions on non-attending fans.

Last edited:
We may technically have this waiting list, but it's a bullshit number. Proved by the fact that they were virtually begging people to take the last remaining season tickets for the new stadium, which was a total increase of about 25,000 I think. So 100K people on the waiting list, only 25k(?) season tickets sold.

I'm sure you know, but if you have a OH+ membership it automatically means you are on the list. And you don't get taken off of it if you turn down the offer of a season ticket year after yea. You just stay on it. That's why people who were 60K+ on the list were getting ST's.

It just makes it look like we've got a massive waiting list when in reality it should probably only be about 20,000 people on that list.

Also it wouldn't surprise me to see a fair amount of churn now that the stadium isn't new and people can see that both the new ticket site and exchange works well so you can get tickets to most matches. As you say it's a vanity project to have a season ticket and only use it occasionally.

The club know this, and that's why I think it's unlikely they will implement any sanctions on non-attending fans.

They didn't even get to the bottom 45,000 on the waiting lists, NWHL take up off seasons tickets far exceeded the clubs expectations, our churn rate is one of the lowest in the EPL, the ST waiting list has grown more in 2019 than in any of the previous ten years ... but hey we're struggling to sell ST's right?

Despite the less than stellar performances on the pitch the demand for ST's has never been higher.

They didn't even get to the bottom 45,000 on the waiting lists, NWHL take up off seasons tickets far exceeded the clubs expectations, our churn rate is one of the lowest in the EPL, the ST waiting list has grown more in 2019 than in any of the previous ten years ... but hey we're struggling to sell ST's right?

Despite the less than stellar performances on the pitch the demand for ST's has never been higher.

The list grows partly because people want the chance to buy tickets. That’s part of the membership.

A massive percentage of the top of the waiting list would not buy a season ticket if offered.

I know as I got an ST at Wembley despite being almost 70k in the waiting list. When we went back to NWHL my nephew was offered one. He was c35k on the list at the time.

I would agree there is high demand for STs, and helped by the fact you can sell on your seat or gift it when required.

So far.

As for not getting to the bottom 45K That may well be true, however, how many of those people would have wanted one? Also, I'm pretty sure the 1882 offering didn't sell out? There seems to be a number of those available on a match by match basis which the club insisted wouldn't be an option. Again, the VAST majority of OH+ members are just not interested in ST's. They want first dibs on tickets for Arse, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea. And maybe Champs league when we draw Barcelona, Real or Juve. That's the reality. And that's why there are so many tickets available through the exchange for every match other than those tier 1 games. People literally couldn't give away tickets to Brighton at home.

Even the way they advertised the extra seats. Almost begging people to apply for them rather than offer them to the list knowing that they are wasting their time because a large percentage just don't want one.

So far.

As for not getting to the bottom 45K That may well be true, however, how many of those people would have wanted one? Also, I'm pretty sure the 1882 offering didn't sell out? There seems to be a number of those available on a match by match basis which the club insisted wouldn't be an option. Again, the VAST majority of OH+ members are just not interested in ST's. They want first dibs on tickets for Arse, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea. And maybe Champs league when we draw Barcelona, Real or Juve. That's the reality. And that's why there are so many tickets available through the exchange for every match other than those tier 1 games. People literally couldn't give away tickets to Brighton at home.

Even the way they advertised the extra seats. Almost begging people to apply for them rather than offer them to the list knowing that they are wasting their time because a large percentage just don't want one.

This!

There are 42.3k ST holders (50k with Premium i belive?).
There are 158.4k members.

208k STs & members for a 62k stadium.

Hence, there are only around 9k tickets (50k STs +3k away fans) available for members for each game and yet there are always tickets for sale on the exchange. Check out Norwich......

I'm sure you know, but if you have a OH+ membership it automatically means you are on the list. And you don't get taken off of it if you turn down the offer of a season ticket year after yea. You just stay on it. That's why people who were 60K+ on the list were getting ST's.

At old WHL I was on the waiting list for approx 10yrs (I lost count after 8)! I had it for approx the last 7 or 8yrs prior to the move. I previously held an ST for about 10yrs but I emigrated to Asia for a short period so didn't renew thinking I'd just apply and get one on my return, this was when we were still a bit shit.

I think when I re-applied I was 28k on the list, this took TEN years to get to the point of being offered one. What was really, really strange was I would only move about 200-500 places each year, but the year I was offered one I jumped from about 8k in the list to having a choice of hundreds in every stand with the exception of nothing in The Park Lane.

A mate of mine isn't an ST holder and hasn't missed a single game in the new stadium, he has obtained seat for every game via the Clubs own system, this is unheard of for Chelsea or CL games compared with old WHL (he's 91k on the list).

There is the possibility for a higher than normal churn rate at the end of this season as there seems an abundance of ST holders not present for many games. Or, just like up the road, these people simply have the funds to buy and renew and really aren't that interested in going other than to turn up for the Cat A games. This happens in so many other sports now from Rugby to Tennis and even golf I'm told.

They did ban "some" that had sold to Red Star fans in the South Stand I believe, or it was reported that they would identify them and ban them, not sure of the end result of what happened, how many were actually banned and lost their ST's. But in theory, it should be a piss of piss, as all of them were kept back in the stand and all the seat numbers clearly had them in them. But kind of left with the impression that it's a lot of noise being made to make an example and therefore use it as a PR excise to warn ST holders. I may have got this totally wrong.

They did ban "some" that had sold to Red Star fans in the South Stand I believe, or it was reported that they would identify them and ban them, not sure of the end result of what happened, how many were actually banned and lost their ST's. But in theory, it should be a piss of piss, as all of them were kept back in the stand and all the seat numbers clearly had them in them. But kind of left with the impression that it's a lot of noise being made to make an example and therefore use it as a PR excise to warn ST holders. I may have got this totally wrong.

Cheers Nutter.

That's quite a lot, good. But then there were thousands in that night and in the South Stand, especially up the top it was like 300-400 of them so still, kinda feels like a default position of back to a bit of PR made out to look like "we take a no-tolerance, hard-hitting approach"????

This!

There are 42.3k ST holders (50k with Premium i belive?).
There are 158.4k members.

208k STs & members for a 62k stadium.

Hence, there are only around 9k tickets (50k STs +3k away fans) available for members for each game and yet there are always tickets for sale on the exchange. Check out Norwich......
Even back when I had my ST in the sugar years, I just couldn't make every game and neither could the mate I went with. The exchange just makes it more obvious.

And there were no waiting lists back then, btw. To get two together we just put both applications (and cheques, remember those) in the same envelope

Not sure if I've mentioned it however, I recently managed to get a season ticket...🙃

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a little bit jealous of that! Any other year and I'd have applied too, but I've got a big (for me) holiday in April that I need to save my money for so just couldn't afford it this year.
I think I'm around 50k on the waiting list so I'm hoping I'll get a chance at a season ticket eventually, but again it's just down to whether I can afford it at the time.

t3eg58tfyhq21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom