New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I tend to agree but this season in particular, 50 sideways passes, run out of ideas, pass back to keeper, start again is like watching paint dry. Did the Sheff U keeper have a save to make?

The club wanted a big shiny new stadium to be able 'to compete'. To fill the stadium we need an extrea 25-30k tourists. day trippers and one game a season fans. Our repoertoire of songs used to be pretty good at the old place. It has now shrunk to 'Come on you Spurs', 'Oh when the Spurs' & 'the thing i love most'.

The ONLY song everyone joins in with is 'oh when...' otherwise it is just small pockets,
Yeah, but baring the Palace and CL games last season, it was shit then too, and the football wasn't too bad then.

Truth is, whilst people have this rose tinted view of the WHL atmosphere, I went to loads of games where it was shit. I hate Liverpool but their fans do at least create an atmosphere that drives the team on. They create this feeling of always believing in the team and it definitely makes a difference in certain games, whereas we're more like an audience at the theatre, waiting to be entertained before showing our appreciation.

Stadiums don't create an atmosphere, supporters do.

Should we 100% blame the manager and players for the fans not making noise? Perhaps the fans try and create an atmosphere that lifts the players to perform well...just an idea.

Good luck with that. My area surrounded by tourists and stewards who sit you down and shut you up.

Big games it will be noisy. But the rest of the time not at all

Even at a CL semi final was being asked to sit down...... nuts - especially when I watched a video showing the Ajax fans from a POV camera in the home end.

Looked amazing. And fun. Something lacking at our place.

I tend to agree but this season in particular, 50 sideways passes, run out of ideas, pass back to keeper, start again is like watching paint dry. Did the Sheff U keeper have a save to make?

The club wanted a big shiny new stadium to be able 'to compete'. To fill the stadium we need an extrea 25-30k tourists. day trippers and one game a season fans. Our repoertoire of songs used to be pretty good at the old place. It has now shrunk to 'Come on you Spurs', 'Oh when the Spurs' & 'the thing i love most'.

The ONLY song everyone joins in with is 'oh when...' otherwise it is just small pockets,
I noticed that when i was at the Newcastle game.I was in the Park lane to the right,in middle of our massive new home end,yet very little real singing. Loads of people there for the atmosphere,but unwilling to help create it. At the Saints game i was in the left hand corner near where it joins the west stand.Much better singing up there, but very few day trippers. Obviously connected.

I noticed that when i was at the Newcastle game.I was in the Park lane to the right,in middle of our massive new home end,yet very little real singing. Loads of people there for the atmosphere,but unwilling to help create it. At the Saints game i was in the left hand corner near where it joins the west stand.Much better singing up there, but very few day trippers. Obviously connected.

Same. There is decent singing in the South East corner but unfortunately doesn't always make it around the whole end. It is usually 'decent' where we are but only 'good' very sporadically.

This place was supposed to be an intimidating fortress with a "wall of noise" that would scare other teams and yet so far, not a single team that has played here looks intimidated by the place.

It might be shiny and new with all the comfort and amazing features you would expect but we need a manager that will create a team which is capable of igniting the supporters so we can make this place the ground it deserves to be, a place where teams feel like they have lost before they even kick a football.
I can assure fans are trying their hardest. It has to be said everything starts from the south stand and then the whole stadium follows.

But when you have defenders who make stray passes end up with the opponent, conceding 2 corners in the first 5 mins, full backs can't cross a ball, flicks not working, lucky not to be behind, the team not responding, looking like the away team, making Sheffield UFC look like Barcelona and can not defend a one goal league concede in the last 10 mins is really disheartening and deflating.

Last edited:

Also the lapsed Spurs attending supporter like me. I used to go regularly in the seventies and eighties when there was 50000 capacity. Seating, demise of the team and lower capacity killed it for me in the nineties. When I got my enthusiasm back when Hoddle appointed Manager and more so when Jol took charge with the high number of season ticket holders and low capacity it was almost impossible to get a ticket. We needed the increased capacity but it will take time for the lapsed supporters and new supporters to learn the songs. I went to the Red Star game and thought the atmosphere good but at times was not sure what was being sung. If we won more matches like against Red Star it would help but it is hard to get excited by recent performances.

"we are Tottenham from the Lane" isn't too hard to learn, but not many people join in.
have the "Park Lane/Shelf Side" chant go round the ground so it's like Shelf Side -> Park Lane -> High Road -> Paxton. That could go in a loop plenty. And if you're in the corners you get to join in twice!
four lines or so out of "can't smile without you" - but it sounds too much like a song for hard times right now.

"we are Tottenham from the Lane" isn't too hard to learn, but not many people join in.
have the "Park Lane/Shelf Side" chant go round the ground so it's like Shelf Side -> Park Lane -> High Road -> Paxton. That could go in a loop plenty. And if you're in the corners you get to join in twice!
four lines or so out of "can't smile without you" - but it sounds too much like a song for hard times right now.
What if you sit somewhere regularly,but fora one off game you are sitting elsewhere?
It could get confusing...

What if you sit somewhere regularly,but fora one off game you are sitting elsewhere?
It could get confusing...
Could be worse - if we end up adopting some new song based on "row, row, row the boat" (not quite as cringey as "knick knack paddy whack" but close enough).
Then expect each stand to join in, complet with the overlapping lines...

I quite liked Red Star's chant before the away game...

Essentially the main home stand chanted "FUCK YOU" and the rest of the stadium replied "TOTTENHAM"

went on for about 5 minutes before the game. Very easy for everyone to learn, and I can't think of a teams name or an abbreviation of that it wouldn't work for.

I have found the atmosphere around block 124 (east corner next to the lower south) to be pretty decent.

I fucking hate the 'stand up if you...' song when we aren't playing Woolwich. Think it makes us look smalltime.

Back
Top Bottom