New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They allowed this guy to own a franchise, and he's not even a billionaire.

5uxxWDU.png

So they're really not as picky as you seem to think.

solid dentist

Correction. Its not an NFL pitch !

Its a retractable pitch which means that in addition to NFL it can be used for many sports, concerts and other events (Spurs can hold 25 non Spurs events every year - far more than can ever be used by an NFL team) such that the grass pitch is not affected.

So for the £50m or so invested in the retractable pitch, a wide variety of other income sources have been opened up which will easily repay that investment.

An NFL franchise remains a possibility (and might even be a probability) but the investment in the retractable pitch wasn't dependent upon an NFL franchise coming to the stadium. The investment in retractable pitch will be repaid regardless of NFL.
More truth

Correction. Its not an NFL pitch !

Its a retractable pitch which means that in addition to NFL it can be used for many sports, concerts and other events (Spurs can hold 25 non Spurs events every year - far more than can ever be used by an NFL team) such that the grass pitch is not affected.

So for the £50m or so invested in the retractable pitch, a wide variety of other income sources have been opened up which will easily repay that investment.

An NFL franchise remains a possibility (and might even be a probability) but the investment in the retractable pitch wasn't dependent upon an NFL franchise coming to the stadium. The investment in retractable pitch will be repaid regardless of NFL.

I'm not sure about that in fact I'd go as far as to call it nonsense , there are sports stadiums the world over that hold multiple concerts every year that don't have a retractable pitch, that pitch was built specifically for NFL if there was no potential for NFL to be played in London there would be no retractable pitch.

I'm not sure about that in fact I'd go as far as to call it nonsense , there are sports stadiums the world over that hold multiple concerts every year that don't have a retractable pitch, that pitch was built specifically for NFL if there was no potential for NFL to be played in London there would be no retractable pitch.

Depends where the concert goers sit. If they sit only in the stand of course iit won't affect the grass and a football match could be played the next day

If the concert goers sit on the pitch area in front of the band on s stage then if they sat on grass s match couldn't be played the next day.

So we have a more versatile concert venue

Whilst we have heard of the stadium holding football rugby and NFL maybe there are other sports which will be held in the stadium which could usefully be held on the artificial surface so as to protect the grass and allow for a football match to be held s couple of days later.

Having 2 NFL matches a year for 10 years - so 20 matches generating maybe £3m each ( £1m to rent the stadium and £2m in food drink and merchandise sales) at least just about covers the cost of the retractable pitch - so everything else puts us into profit.

But the original point I was replaying to was that it was only because an NFL franchise was going to be at the stadium that it made sense for the retractable pitch to be built, which is not the case. And having 2 NFL matches a year may also put the price of shaking rights deal up to further help justify the retractable pitch.

Sure there is truth in both versions, the Wembley pitch gets destroyed when large bands hold concerts, or boxing matches are held, covering grass with planks of wood and then having tonnes of equipment and people on top ... simply not a good idea.

Concerts can only be held in the spring/summer, when the NFL is off-season.

You can use the alternative pitch with no damage to the football one.
Why? They are primarily held in the Spring / Summer due to the weather but they don't have to be .... there are plenty of Wembley concerts that have been held in the rain ... NetAid was in October, Madonna in September, it's unusual but certainly not unheard off.

Why? They are primarily held in the Spring / Summer due to the weather but they don't have to be .... there are plenty of Wembley concerts that have been held in the rain ... NetAid was in October, Madonna in September, it's unusual but certainly not unheard off.
Ok, I should have said will be not only be.

We won't be holding concerts during the season either way. Wembley is able to do that as it doesn't hold major sporting events often.

Ok, I should have said will be not only be.

We won't be holding concerts during the season either way. Wembley is able to do that as it doesn't hold major sporting events often.
You're probably right but I don't see why we couldn't hold a concert during the season.
Spurs at home on a Saturday.
Following week away.
The week after at home

So assuming of course that there's no Cup games of any type that gives a minimum of 5-7 days turn around, if the concert is held on a Saturday or Sunday.

:pochhail: About time. I was getting concerned that we didn’t have an Official Coffee Supplier and worried that it could ruin our season. Panic over.
First post on this thread for 2 weeks. Hello old friend. It was simpler times when we were all just looking forward to the New Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom