New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're accusing me and bang cunt spurs of being multis then you're even more stupid than I give you credit for.

Which is fucking difficult!

Don't ever tag me in your shit posts again.

Cunt.

You both tell posters to die that you disagree with.

You both use the same toxic internet keyboard warrior language and you both use the exact same insults to get your points across.

If it isn't a multi you both share at least one thing in common, you're both childish and pathetic and have serious issues.

If you feel the need to tell other posters on an internet forum to die over an opinion about football you need serious help.

You both tell posters to die that you disagree with.

You both use the same toxic internet keyboard warrior language and you both use the exact same insults to get your points across.

If it isn't a multi you both share at least one thing in common, you're both childish and pathetic and have serious issues.

If you feel the need to tell other posters on an internet forum to die over an opinion about football you need serious help.

Fuck off, you illiterate twat. You're a diseased waste of life.

P. S Fuck off

You're such a total wanker you can't even stick by your own words ... admit you're wrong or any sliver of credibility you have left is gone ...

As for you new goalposts ... Would sports exist without trophies? Would it serve any purpose whatsoever?

Think on this - in England only four clubs can win trophies ... that means 88 clubs can't and probably 80 of those know that before the season even starts - so following your 'only trophies matter bollocks' those eighty clubs wouldn't bother starting a season because according to you they have no purpose ... same goes for the million odd fans who support their teams also knowing before a ball is kicked they have zero chance at a trophy ... yet unlike you they still get behind the club ... go figure

In England loads of clubs can win trophies.

At all levels of the game.

It is a fact. Competitive sports are about competing- which generally means trophies

It was either cold outside or Daniel had just been to the club shop....

0_GettyImages-1180780452.jpg

I am so tired of this argument, honestly it's so disingenuous and stinks of corporate bootlicking.

Look, telling someone to go and support another team because they want their team (who hasn't won a trophy in nearly 12 years whilst all the clubs around them have) is not only a weak argument, it's an insulting one.

You don't have to support a team pumping ludicrous amounts of money into their club in order to see your team win trophies, it's a matter of the owners making the right purchases at the right time and having a well invested network in order to secure the top talent that will win you trophies, if our owners aren't prepared to do that then they simply aren't good owners of a sporting business, irrespective of how much money they make because being successful in sport is about winning silverware.

Also, saying that competitive sport isn't about winning trophies is the most ludicrous statement I have ever heard, the whole reason competitive sports exists is to win, to finish top of the pile, that's it, if there was no first place and no trophy to be won then why would sport even exist? Do you think sport would even be what it is right now without the possibility of being the best team? Or are you a "runners up deserve medals" type of guy?

I think the fact that you don't follow sports in general to see your team win trophies says more about your personal ambition, mentality and being happy with mediocrity than it does about the game itself, saying that I am "following the wrong club if you want to win trophies" sums up the mentality of some spurs fans, it's a weak "you've never had it so good" mentality and they view this club as some sort of plucky underdog that would be lucky to have success, it's disrespectful towards a club with such a rich history.

Thankfully, supporters younger than us have a different mentality and want this club to win things so they will eventually speak louder than the complacent and dull "never had it so good" lot that currently occupy sections of our fanbase., it's miserable seeing so many of our supporters settling for second best or third best or fourth best and never wanting the club to push for more just because we were shit for a period of time throughout the history of the club and they are afraid to go back to it again.

We aren't Woolwich or West Ham, we used to take the piss out of Woolwich for celebrating 4th place didn't we? Even those cunts have won a trophy in the last 12 years!

I don't want to follow another club just so I can see them win trophies, first and foremost I support spurs because I have done since I was little, I love the club, through bad and good times but under all of that love is a desire to see this club have success and by success I mean, winning trophies on a consistent basis, I don't want to just see any team win trophies, I want to see spurs win trophies, end of.

I don't expect a trophy every season or even every other season but it's been over a decade since we had silverware, that's simply unacceptable for owners who claim to have ambition and for a club of our size and history.

I am not doubting what the stadium does for our finances, far from it, I am asking, when will we start seeing the benefits of that extra finance in regards to the footballing side of the business? When will that extra finance turn into success on the pitch in the form of trophies and not just success in the form of making more money and expanding the brand so our investment company can make more profit?

You say we were shit 12 years ago, I agree, I don't want us to go back to that period either but 12 years ago we had silverware, so the issue is either the current management that needs replacing or the owners who don't know how to run the club in order to bring it success where it matters.

Now, it remains to be seen what growing our brand will do to the club and if ENIC and Levy have a longer term plan for success on the pitch but we could be sitting here for the next 30 years without a trophy while the "brand" grows.

The reality is, there will always be another club around the corner who will throw money at the problem and outpace a club who is looking over the "longer term" that's why this business model ultimately fails in competitive sports imo.
I do not support Spurs for trophies, they are my local team. I support my local team, just grateful it's Spurs and not Scunthorpe. Although the blessing would be not to hear the level of moaning from supporters for not winning anything whilst getting to semi-finals and finals consistently for 5yrs now, just to make their micro-dick go away for a week or two.

"whilst all other teams around them". We've only been "around them" in the past 4 years you dick!! And that's coincided with us getting to finals and semi-finals!! Prior to this, we weren't around them.

We've played 9 games! NINE games in the new stadium, when do you think we will see the financial benefit of the stadium? LOL!

Hahaha, what a tool, so it's the mentality of the supporters that's going to make Spurs win trophies. I do believe this is Adrian Durham's line too, he rattles this one off to ensure that absolute dickheads phone in and have a rant, because having a rant at your club for not winning a trophy is what the best supporters in the world do. It's this supporter mentality that will see your club win, only the clubs that win trophies have the best fans in the world that do this, the more you phone-in and rant the more your team wins, it's in the attitude you see, the mentality that's required. What a fucking idiot!

Please tell me how YOU the supporter is going to make Spurs win a trophy? What are YOU, the super supporter, actually going to do? What is your plan? How does this play out in your dreams, I need to know so I can be just like you, so Spurs can win a trophy. What do we do next? Who shall I call? Do you want to do TalkSport and I'll do BBC 606? When after we do this should we expect to win a trophy? How many phone calls do I have to make? How many rants on The Fighting Cock forum should we write? HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE?

I've got news for you, even with a new Stadium that's not going to bridge the financial gap!! What a bummer, what now? WRITE MORE SHIT!! Show us how angry you must be to have the right attitude, to be the super supporter we all must be to make us win a trophy. Lol.

One thing I've never done is take the piss out of them up the road for being in the top 4, if you have then you are no different to a West Ham supporter trying to rip us, truly embarrassing and let's face it thick as fuck too! They have won 13 league titles to our two, what "history" are you fucking banging on about?

And there we go again, more insults because you have nothing to back your arguments up with, same bullshit play that you and your little gang pull out every single time a criticism pops up.

You care more about the stadium than you do about success on the pitch then? Is that what you're saying?

Let's look at your analogy, particularly this quote "With the extra income the hotel can employ more and better staff, provide more and better facilities, and add some extra special offers ..."

I said, let me know when this happens because currently we aren't seeing any of these benefits, all we have so far is increased prices and daytripping fans who come for the "experience" of the stadium but want to be in a nice cosy environment for the day and don't act like the 12th man and actually support the team.

My mate got moaned at for saying "gutless" after Bayern smashed the 6th goal past us in the CL by some guy in front who was more interested in taking selfies than watching the match and didn't want his 'experience" ruined by someone being pissed off.

Then you sit there and say "You don't like it, fair enough, be part of the 5% and moan away"

I am asking you, what spurs supporter that loves the club would like it?
Great mentality, super supporter! How long do I have to wait for a trophy now?

In summary - he's a whining little bitch who believes we should all be horrified that ENIC and Levy have arranged for 1.2 billion investment into our club whilst not winning loads of trophies ... because trophies are all that count.

You cant change these peoples opinion. Levy is like Brexit. Divisive figure.

Those that want fa cups misunderstand modern football. We are doing the right things to grow the club.

Went to the NFL game today, had a great seat near the halfway line in the upper West Stand - much better to watch it from above I think. I'm not exactly a massive NFL fan (my mate with me today is) - I used to watch it back in the late 1990s but hadn't watched it since but I have to say I loved it today. Was such a great atmosphere inside the stadium with fans wearing a big mix of NFL team colours and all getting along with rivals, which made a nice change. A lot of Europeans were there, I was sitting next to a German couple who were the most enthusiastic fans ever in an amusing way.

The stadium in full NFL mode worked very well and the whole spectacle was very enjoyable; all the smoke machines, music, dancing girls and t shirt guns was all just silly fun and it was hard not to get caught up in the excitement. Also what was nice was being able to take beer into the stands instead of having to chug it down inside. I enjoyed the game too and it has made me think about starting watching it on TV again. Very much a success.

Personally I'm all for Spurs putting on other events like other sports and concerts instead of just leaving it empty when we're not playing at home. And it was great going there to experience the amazing stadium without stressing over whether Spurs were going to win or not!

Next discussion is always gonna be whether those players are "world class"; Baines, Tim Cahill, Defoe etc.
Sure .... the point being made is that football is not just about trophies, nobody is denying that trophies and titles are an aspirational part of the game, but for the vast majority of clubs and players they have more chance of winning the lottery than a major trophy.

It's the same for the vast majority of fans, we support our clubs for a million different reasons, and no question there are 'glory hunters' in the mix. But for most the joy of being a fan is about far more than just winning trophies ... trophies are not and never will be why we support Spurs.

He believes that in order to be a good supporter or be "loyal" you must never criticise the owners, manager or players

Actually, that’s sound advice, and it served me well in my years as a kid on the Park Lane. Also my mate Chris’ older brother Nick (who had his brass bedroom door handle wired up to the mains when he was out) told me I was allowed to ‘think’ it, but never in public. So I didn’t. I even tried to banish negative thoughts when I was on my own walking back from school, so I became a clapper from an early age, and I knew I had nothing to worry about unless I called Steve Archibald a cunt for missing a sitter ( which you didn’t do in those days).

Nick was the hardest cunt I ever met - he was genuinely terrifying. He made Begbie look like Lorraine Kelly, but I had a grudging respect for someone who was happy to electrocute his little brother (or his little brother’s friends) over seemingly insignificant territorial boundaries.

Nick joined the army as soon as he could - he was just desperate to kill people legally. I think he’s a general now, but our little gang felt safe when Nick and his mates were around. I even got thrown out of Highbury when I was 12 (for which my dad gave me a massive hiding and two of my fingers stick out at funny angles even now) but I think that this small battle honour allowed me to at least think in public. (Thanks Nick).

Such are the rights of passage.

Poch In. Spurs forever, but definitely Spurs forever and let’s get behind this fucking team. Christ we’ve known worse times. Come on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom