New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There were loads on 85 minutes!!!!

Official attendance was around the 59k Mark, so there must've been a few 1000 who didn't show... understandable seeing as it's still the Summer hols...

Still, 59,000+ moans & groans still sounds awful!
Early days and we are not selling out. Madness's.

I guess you are not the only spurs fan to go on holiday !! Every 1st team game at the new gaff has sold out
It’s strange isn’t it. I was in 113 yesterday. I don’t think there are any ST’s in that block and yet, even though it was a sell out, there were 6 empty seats in front of me (a 4 and a 2). I can only assume people bought them and couldn’t go.

As an aside, don’t buy in 113 if you want an atmosphere. More tourists than Buckingham palace and Trafalgar Square on a bank holiday.

It’s strange isn’t it. I was in 113 yesterday. I don’t think there are any ST’s in that block and yet, even though it was a sell out, there were 6 empty seats in front of me (a 4 and a 2). I can only assume people bought them and couldn’t go.

As an aside, don’t buy in 113 if you want an atmosphere. More tourists than Buckingham palace and Trafalgar Square on a bank holiday.
Oh I had it with 113 after Ajax...
Was in the front row just by the goal and crazy clipboard supervisor dude was bursting a blood vessel threatening everybody with all sorts if we stood. Right next to the erm...standing Ajax fans.

Oh I had it with 113 after Ajax...
Was in the front row just by the goal and crazy clipboard supervisor dude was bursting a blood vessel threatening everybody with all sorts if we stood. Right next to the erm...standing Ajax fans.
I’m not sure who you could have a reasoned conversation with about that. But I’d sure like to. Epitome of hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I’m not sure who you could have a reasoned conversation with about that. But I’d sure like to. Epitome of hipocrasy.
"They'll be dealt with..."
To no-one's surprise they were left well alone.
Although some Ajax actually IN 113 behind got chucked out after being grassed up by someone else...
A load that got away with it rushed over to the rest of the away fans at the end to dance and celebrate... with a happy and willing female steward...
:pochfacepalm:

The stewards at Spurs are the worst. 5 or 6 years ago I was above the Utd fans in the South upper (east corner) and I was in the back row with nobody in front of me (just 25 rows worth of stairs). I stood up because not only did I have nobody behind me, if I'd had jumped out of my seat I'd have probably gone flying down the stairs with my chair taking up 80% of the space I had to stand when pulled down and obviously the steward rushes up 25 flights of stairs to tell me to sit down because the Utd fans can see me standing up and they think they can do the same.

Yes, 3,000 Utd fans are looking at the 5 foot 6 bloke 25 fucking rows up and thinking I'm the example that should be set. Steward threatened to throw me out if I didn't sit down. I don't go that often anymore but seen so much shit from stewards over the years. Absolute fucking jobsworth cunts.

Mate you have just summarised the main problems with the pricing of the new stadium. It's to expensive and it has priced out people in their teens and 20s. I'm 34 and feel like one of the youngest in the South Stand FFS. Old Skool fans are important as they help the younger generation to learn the Tottenham way but you also need groups of young people going with there mates to generate atmosphere. Most young people at the games seem like they are with there family. In the long term the atmosphere of the stadium will suffer massively. We are going the same way as the gooner shit hole. You will get alot of.normal fans priced out and replaced by tourists. The fans who do go will feel bitter about the prices/shitty atmosphere and as soon as form goes down will take it out on the team.
Unfortunately if we expect signings for tens of millions and players earning hundreds of thousands a week, the money has to come from somewhere.

Problem with the pricing is that you can get away with it in London. And the club obviously know this. Judging by the attendance a lot of ST holders gave it a miss yesterday. Lots of tickets on the exchange. All season tickets sold again.
If these prices were in Liverpool there would be a revolution. Unfortunately our football sold its soul to money many years ago.
I see Yeovil are asking £21 today for a seat for their National League game today. They’re all at it.

Lower league ticket pricing is a very difficult issue. I see loads complaining and put off by prices like that for Yeovil - then people start comparing it to a Premier League away day at £30 as well as if the lower league club is really taking the piss. But for League One/Two and Non league clubs the gate revenue is so crucial. It's a really tough balance. A lot now try to get cheap season tickets out there, cheap or free kids then cash-in on the adult single match tickets. It's the West Ham model really but obviously they get the TV revenues in.

As a side Yeovil's fall over the past few years really passed me by, they were Championship a little while ago!!

Unfortunately if we expect signings for tens of millions and players earning hundreds of thousands a week, the money has to come from somewhere.
Morning Habanero. The money the club makes from tickets is not very important in terms of raising money for the club. The supporters trust worked out that the change in ticket prices raised 11 million in revenue. Most of the money is made through TV, corporate boxes and advertising. There's a good breakdown on Tifo football that explains the economics. I would argue that the club has been exceptionally greedy with the pricing of tickets at the lower end as had priced out many old Skool supporters, local fans and the younger generation due to greed. The club could have still made a ton of money but had cheap seats behind the goals. This is the model that successful clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern follow. By making our tickets the most expensive in Europe they are stopping a whole generation of fans from getting into the stadium and replacing them with tourists who make very little contribution to the atmosphere.

There were loads on 85 minutes!!!!

Official attendance was around the 59k Mark, so there must've been a few 1000 who didn't show... understandable seeing as it's still the Summer hols...

Still, 59,000+ moans & groans still sounds awful!
2 seats next to me were empty on Sunday... until the 38th minute, when their owners turned up. They then left on 85 minutes.

Its a real shame the away fans are all the way over the other side from the south stand. It was the back and forth between the old south stand and the away fans which got WHL going. Theres nothing that can be done about this now and should have been thought about when designing the stadium. I knew it would be an issue and its half the reason our atmosphere is dead.

2 seats next to me were empty on Sunday... until the 38th minute, when their owners turned up. They then left on 85 minutes.
85-38= 47....
So they basically saw ONE HALF of a football match... (+2 mins for stoppages, OBVIOUSLY!!)

Seriously, what's the point in them showing up at all...??

Morning Habanero. The money the club makes from tickets is not very important in terms of raising money for the club. The supporters trust worked out that the change in ticket prices raised 11 million in revenue. Most of the money is made through TV, corporate boxes and advertising. There's a good breakdown on Tifo football that explains the economics. I would argue that the club has been exceptionally greedy with the pricing of tickets at the lower end as had priced out many old Skool supporters, local fans and the younger generation due to greed. The club could have still made a ton of money but had cheap seats behind the goals. This is the model that successful clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern follow. By making our tickets the most expensive in Europe they are stopping a whole generation of fans from getting into the stadium and replacing them with tourists who make very little contribution to the atmosphere.
If they’d have made the seats behind the goals cheaper, wouldn’t it largely still be the same people as it is now though? Many went to existing season ticket holders or those that had been on the waiting list for years.

I suspect the club quite like the idea of tourists who only go to games occasionally, as they are more likely to ‘make a day of it’ and spend loads in the shop and restaurants.

The percentage of season ticket renewals was as high or in fact slightly higher than they were for White Hart Lane, so whilst you might believe that many old Skool supporters, local fans and the younger generation have been priced out the fact is either that's simply not true or more realistically they'd already been priced out many years ago ... season tickets are for the wealthy, a season ticket is 1,000 quid but that's just a small part of the cost, if you use that season ticket 20 times a year and spend 25 quid on travel, food, beer etc that's another 1,000 quid plus 20 days when you won't be working or with your family. That commitment requires wealth or dedication ... probably both.

To argue that this is new is flawed, back in the 80's when we were pretty poor we still had a season ticket waiting list, despite all the price increases that list remains huge ... remember the Trust saying we'd struggle to sell the expensive season tickets? sold out in days ... supply and demand

If the club reduced the price by 30% all that would happen is that the 'grey' market would take that 30% as profit not the club (as happens in Germany) again that's just supply and demand. The only way prices will come down is if fans stop going, just like West Ham, but that's simply not happening at Spurs, not unless the wheels fall off, the chassis breaks, and the engine blows up .....

Real Madrid had 60,000 average in their 81,000 stadium last season, cheap tickets are simply because fans don't turn up, supply and demand in reverse ... all big games are still massively expensive.

Bayern Munich charge an average for seated season tickets of 700 Euros and they are always 100% sold out. No local fans or younger generation have a hope in hell of getting a ticket if they're not a season ticket holder or a lifelong member, the ticket partner mark up is always massive, right now Mainz tickets start at 1,049 and go up to over 8,500 ...

FC Bayern München Tickets

The percentage of season ticket renewals was as high or in fact slightly higher than they were for White Hart Lane, so whilst you might believe that many old Skool supporters, local fans and the younger generation have been priced out the fact is either that's simply not true or more realistically they'd already been priced out many years ago ... season tickets are for the wealthy, a season ticket is 1,000 quid but that's just a small part of the cost, if you use that season ticket 20 times a year and spend 25 quid on travel, food, beer etc that's another 1,000 quid plus 20 days when you won't be working or with your family. That commitment requires wealth or dedication ... probably both.

To argue that this is new is flawed, back in the 80's when we were pretty poor we still had a season ticket waiting list, despite all the price increases that list remains huge ... remember the Trust saying we'd struggle to sell the expensive season tickets? sold out in days ... supply and demand

If the club reduced the price by 30% all that would happen is that the 'grey' market would take that 30% as profit not the club (as happens in Germany) again that's just supply and demand. The only way prices will come down is if fans stop going, just like West Ham, but that's simply not happening at Spurs, not unless the wheels fall off, the chassis breaks, and the engine blows up .....

Real Madrid had 60,000 average in their 81,000 stadium last season, cheap tickets are simply because fans don't turn up, supply and demand in reverse ... all big games are still massively expensive.

Bayern Munich charge an average for seated season tickets of 700 Euros and they are always 100% sold out. No local fans or younger generation have a hope in hell of getting a ticket if they're not a season ticket holder or a lifelong member, the ticket partner mark up is always massive, right now Mainz tickets start at 1,049 and go up to over 8,500 ...

FC Bayern München Tickets
Any idea how many ST holders from last season gave up their tickets for this season. Probably not many as this season is first full one in the new stadium.
Seems best way to get a ticket these days will be to know a season ticket holder and get on his list for unwanted tickets, or get one on the exchange. There were stacks of them for Newcastle , a lot obviously went unsold even though they went to general sale.

Back
Top Bottom