New Stadium

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

If I'm honest, it's a right dive. Chicken is greasy as fuck, not worth queuing, been with people who have shit through an eye of a needle following a visit.

Browns is my main place for grub just a couple of doors up. Havn't been since we've got back home, getting pangs just thinking about it.
Chicken Express - Lordship Lane, near the junction with the Roundway.
Superb - and mega portions of chips.

Register to remove

Anyone else slightly miss the bright blue seats of the old White Hart Lane ?

A brighter shade of blue at the new gaf would really make it absolutely perfect.

I’m aware that I’m really picking at things here.... I mean we could be discussing painting a running track.
No, not all. It was the wrong shade of blue, a historical error. Probably that shade was off the shelf and a bit cheaper when the West Stand was built.

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
I just had a sausage roll in the ground and a couple of Neck Oils.

I have made peace with the fact that in order to get a beer at HT I'm going to either miss the last few mins of the first half and first few mins of the second. Not ideal but I can't see anything changing.
Well, you could do without, is it going to kill you not to have a drink for 45 minutes?

chubbs

Supporter
.........VAR is OURS........ It's Clear & Obvious
I went to the Chicken House in the South Stand for the first time on Saturday - was ok if a bit dry. Cost £7 for which money i could have had 4 Chicken Breasts and 2 monster portions of Chips in Chick King. And still have 40p change.
...but the queues outside Chick King were ridiculous. All for a bit skin & bone and a few chips.

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
One of the guys I work with was a corporate guest (Villa supporter), I asked him what he thought of the stadium. He was very impressed and said it was probably the best stadium in the world. Music to my ears, daft really to feel so much pride, but I do.

Register to remove

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
Anyone else slightly miss the bright blue seats of the old White Hart Lane ?

A brighter shade of blue at the new gaf would really make it absolutely perfect.

I’m aware that I’m really picking at things here.... I mean we could be discussing painting a running track.
No way, Jose! The non-shiny, navy seats are so classy, and I'm so glad that we haven't picked out our name in white seats, as "less is more".

chubbs

Supporter
.........VAR is OURS........ It's Clear & Obvious
Getting back to the important topic - food - I know I've mentioned it before, but the Koyum Turkish, just across the High Rd opposite the stadium is absolutely superb. Cheap, loads of food on your plate, not just the basics, good, friendly service and CHAIRS AND TABLES. It's cash only. They also do burgers, chips, etc if you really can't survive without eating crap.

oops - forgot the graphic :angryscouser:

Last edited:
Top Bottom