New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really mind the station name switch. I understand it means something to other people though. It is not really an issue of 'modern football'. If people think it is, they have very short memories of British football. We will still sing our songs referencing it. Look at the Park Lane/ shelf side song; might even be better in the new stadium. I have always found it a slightly strange name for the station anyway. The name does not really tell much about where it is - remember WHL is a very long road from Wood Green to Tottenham High Road that has very little on it.

I'd prefer the station stay as WHL but if changing it gives us greater scope to attract more naming rights money due to our distancing of the White Hart Lane name I'm OK with it.

I'm not sure if it will make a difference or not but for nostalgic reasons keeping the WHL name would be lovely but equally I'm not hugely fussed, it'll still be th same streets I'm walking, the same journey to the ground which to me means a hell of a lot more Chubbs
Gillespie Road.
Precedent set.
Not really Comfortable with the reasons for name changing.

Does anyone except the marketing executives give a shit what the station's called? Like really?

If it disassociates the new stadium with the name White Hart Lane absolutely they will be.

Why would you pay a shit load of money to sponsor something that people could still call by its previous name? It's a safeguard from the club to ensure any commercial sponsorship is exposed to as much noise and brand association as it enables perspective investors to receive.

It probably doesn't do a lot but without the WHL name it takes that red flag off the table for any long winded negotiations on price should a company show interest and analyse the risk with the ££ being quoted.

If it disassociates the new stadium with the name White Hart Lane absolutely they will be.

Why would you pay a shit load of money to sponsor something that people could still call by its previous name? It's a safeguard from the club to ensure any commercial sponsorship is exposed to as much noise and brand association as it enables perspective investors to receive.

It probably doesn't do a lot but without the WHL name it takes that red flag off the table for any long winded negotiations on price should a company show interest and analyse the risk with the ££ being quoted.

TFL were the ones who came up with the idea.......they wanted a slice of naming rights deal

Is there even a whiff of potential naming rights interest at the mo? Do you guys think it will be sorted before the season starts?
I'm pessimistic on this one.

I really hope it does get done this summer, as I think our profile is potentially at its highest for the short term following the CL final; plus we could do with the extra cash injection into our transfer funds.

Not complaining that Levy has the leverage to not rush a poor deal through, but at the same time I hope he's not being so unreasonable that a higher asking price is negated by the lost revenue from spending time with no naming rights.

I think we will hold off until the two October NFL games have been played, the added exposure will increase the price.
I dunno, you'd think they'd want it announced well in advance of the season starting. You'd also think that if they're tying it in with shirt sleeve sponsorship (seems to be reported that the two might come together) then they'd want that sorted soon too

I dunno, you'd think they'd want it announced well in advance of the season starting. You'd also think that if they're tying it in with shirt sleeve sponsorship (seems to be reported that the two might come together) then they'd want that sorted soon too

You both make good points, but on a simple level any announcements coinciding with the season launch will just get lost in the broader EPL hype....

At the end of the day, our commercial revenue is being limited by the belief that ENIC aren't going to spend the money over the long term to create the premier product that brands want to be associated with. It's not what we've done, it's what we're going to do.

hahahahahahah - that's so laughable wrong it's just hilarious .... a stadium that's going to hold 40 events a year not just 25, a stadium that's unique with it's ability to host two pitches .... the biggest TV sport in the world, football .... the most watch US sport, NFL .... and you think sponsors are worried about ENIC investment in the future .... they've just spent a billion quid, that's more than any club in the UK or Europe has ever spent on a stadium before .... it's not what they're going to do, it's what they've already done .... doh

hahahahahahah - that's so laughable wrong it's just hilarious .... a stadium that's going to hold 40 events a year not just 25, a stadium that's unique with it's ability to host two pitches .... the biggest TV sport in the world, football .... the most watch US sport, NFL .... and you think sponsors are worried about ENIC investment in the future .... they've just spent a billion quid, that's more than any club in the UK or Europe has ever spent on a stadium before .... it's not what they're going to do, it's what they've already done .... doh
Any idea how it works for concerts. Do we hire out the stadium and take food and drink sales or would we be on a percentage. We are in a better position than others as concerts will not spoil our pitch because it will be safely tucked away.

Any idea how it works for concerts. Do we hire out the stadium and take food and drink sales or would we be on a percentage. We are in a better position than others as concerts will not spoil our pitch because it will be safely tucked away.

We have a deal with Levy (not the same one) to run all the food and drink concessions and I'm 99% sure this is for any and all events over a ten year term. They do everything from Bevertown to the high end restaurants. It's a fee plus profit share deal but that's all I now.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Can someone help me, please? My latest Spurs email contains a survey and I'm trying to complete it. I want to answer all of the questions honestly, but this one has got me hesitating. I'm fairly sure I'm 'Male', but I don't want to tick that box until I've considered all the options fully.
I know I could be Male, Female or Transgender, but what else could I be?...

APjdmfN.png

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom