New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do not think that the name of the station should be influenced by the club or they pay any money towards it. The name of the station should be something that helps passengers know where it is. As the station is being moved from White hart lane then it is sensible that it's name reflects where it is. If the fact that it is very close to the football ground is the deciding factor then that is sensible to call it that but if locals know of a better name that travellers would know that describes where the station is then that's what it should be called. if the stadium gets named the Nike stadium then no that should not be the name of the station but tottenhamhotspur football stadium is the best option. Money should have nothing to do with it

I do not think that the name of the station should be influenced by the club or they pay any money towards it. The name of the station should be something that helps passengers know where it is. As the station is being moved from White hart lane then it is sensible that it's name reflects where it is. If the fact that it is very close to the football ground is the deciding factor then that is sensible to call it that but if locals know of a better name that travellers would know that describes where the station is then that's what it should be called. if the stadium gets named the Nike stadium then no that should not be the name of the station but tottenhamhotspur football stadium is the best option. Money should have nothing to do with it
It isn't being moved though, just extended as far as i am aware.

I do not think that the name of the station should be influenced by the club or they pay any money towards it. The name of the station should be something that helps passengers know where it is. As the station is being moved from White hart lane then it is sensible that it's name reflects where it is. 1. If the fact that it is very close to the football ground is the deciding factor then that is sensible to call it that but 2. if locals know of a better name that travellers would know that describes where the station is then that's what it should be called. if the stadium gets named the Nike stadium then no that should not be the name of the station but tottenhamhotspur football stadium is the best option. Money should have nothing to do with it
1. It's already very close to the stadium and it's called White Hart Lane, because that's where it is.
2. Why do gypsies even get a say in it? They don't pay taxes, do they?

I've got an amazing idea - why not call the new stadium "White Hart Lane"? Radical, huh?

1. It's already very close to the stadium and it's called White Hart Lane, because that's where it is.

I've got an amazing idea - why not call the new stadium "White Hart Lane"? Radical, huh?

I'd prefer the station stay as WHL but if changing it gives us greater scope to attract more naming rights money due to our distancing of the White Hart Lane name I'm OK with it.

I'm not sure if it will make a difference or not but for nostalgic reasons keeping the WHL name would be lovely but equally I'm not hugely fussed, it'll still be th same streets I'm walking, the same journey to the ground which to me means a hell of a lot more Chubbs

I agree with keeping it as WHL, but I assume doing so will have consequences on the stadium naming rights, being that potential sponsors will want all WHL references minimised as much as possible.

If we estimate that about a third of the crowd use WHL station, then the large majority of people passing through it are those going to games at the stadium. With the increased capacity and more events, it'll be an even larger proportion. I think it's fairly sensible to name such a station after the club, just like Woolwich and Manchester United have, rather than a pretty long road which the station isn't even useful for most of.

I tell you what... call it what the hell you like. I for one will ALWAYS call it White Hart Lane Station and I will ALWAYS call the ground White Hart Lane.

Naming Rights bollocks.

I agree with keeping it as WHL, but I assume doing so will have consequences on the stadium naming rights, being that potential sponsors will want all WHL references minimised as much as possible.
At Finsbury park they announce over the PA on the train to "alight here for emirates stadium" simple enough work around....

If we estimate that about a third of the crowd use WHL station, then the large majority of people passing through it are those going to games at the stadium. With the increased capacity and more events, it'll be an even larger proportion. I think it's fairly sensible to name such a station after the club, just like Woolwich and Manchester United have, rather than a pretty long road which the station isn't even useful for most of.
Do you walk into the dog and duck and complain there are no dogs and ducks?

I tell you what... call it what the hell you like. I for one will ALWAYS call it White Hart Lane Station and I will ALWAYS call the ground White Hart Lane.

Naming Rights bollocks.

Bang on mate. We will always call it WHL but if changing that the boards at the station say increased our chances to grow the brand or attract greater financial interest from a big fish looking at naming rights more fool them.

It will always be WHL, ENIC cemented that for us when they chose to stay on a piece of land overlapping the old place. The spirt of the club has been allowed to remain the same even if it means we ditch what the matchday programmes or Skysports news presenters have to say.

It is called White Hart Lane station because that is where the station is. However I understand that the new station will be moved to opposite the ground and not in White Hart Lane. It could be called Tottenham High Road station but that is a long road and does not describe where it is. It therefore makes sense that as opposite the ground to be named Tottenham Hotspur station.
Fans can continue to call the new station WHL irrespective of the new name but the station name should be a more practical name describing where it is and White Hart Lane will be a few hundred yards away from memory.
I was referring to train travellers but you knew that.

It is called White Hart Lane station because that is where the station is. However I understand that the new station will be moved to opposite the ground and not in White Hart Lane. It could be called Tottenham High Road station but that is a long road and does not describe where it is. It therefore makes sense that as opposite the ground to be named Tottenham Hotspur station.
Fans can continue to call the new station WHL irrespective of the new name but the station name should be a more practical name describing where it is and White Hart Lane will be a few hundred yards away from memory.
I was referring to train travellers but you knew that.
Have you got a link to this planned move? It would be interesting to see what they plan to demolish in order to move the train tracks a few yards, unnecessarily imho.

The platform and track aren't moving as far as I'm aware. But the new entrance will be roughly one hundred yards away from White Hart Lane. The new steps leading up to the station are much wider than the existing ones.

Back
Top Bottom