New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I half joked about it years ago... but I still maintain we coulda been clever, and split the Stadium Sponsorship Three ways:

the-white-company-logo.jpg
logo.png

lane_logo.jpg

...they coulda had a stand each!
...and Levy would still have one spare to auction off to the highest bidder!!! :levylol:

Last edited:
Why would Google want or even need to sponsor a football club's stadium?

I genuinely ask that of any corporation. Unless you’re an emerging brand of some description with a lot of money, what do you really get from it.

Ultimately, it’s an expensive status symbol. If you’ve got the money way to piss away, why not sponsor a stadium. In that instance, a Google stadium sponsorship seems logical!

I genuinely ask that of any corporation. Unless you’re an emerging brand of some description with a lot of money, what do you really get from it.

Ultimately, it’s an expensive status symbol. If you’ve got the money way to piss away, why not sponsor a stadium. In that instance, a Google stadium sponsorship seems logical!
Same thing for competition sponsors, kit manufacturers and kit sponsors? I just assume someone has done a cost benefit analysis and the increase profile is worth it.

BangkokSpud BangkokSpud

Stadium seems to be earning its keep even when there is no football being played.

Last week HPE (Hewlett Packard) had a 3 day exhibition and yesterday the Plumbing and Heating Exhibition started - pics below courtesy of Skyscrapercity.

Apart from renting out space, I'm sure Spurs would have been providing catering and drinks to attendees, so a nice little earner !

Ea8Wm8w.jpg

yxQ4Eb0.jpg

Enrollment :
FV9ikR8.jpg

No doubt the extra new station will help access to NWHL.

Hoping to see some further updates on White Hart Lane Station in due course

In the video they also visit Northumberland Park Station, so up to date pics !

Last edited:
BangkokSpud BangkokSpud

Stadium seems to be earning its keep even when there is no football being played.

Last week HPE (Hewlett Packard) had a 3 day exhibition and yesterday the Plumbing and Heating Exhibition started - pics below courtesy of Skyscrapercity.

Apart from renting out space, I'm sure Spurs would have been providing catering and drinks to attendees, so a nice little earner !

Ea8Wm8w.jpg

yxQ4Eb0.jpg

Enrollment :
FV9ikR8.jpg
Better than leaving it empty for the close season I suppose. Just worry a little that opposition fans might get up to mischief.

Microsoft are a genuine tech company with a genuine philanthropist as their founder, whereas Google are just international thieves.
The same Microsoft that plagiarised apple of the original windows gui and somehow won the court case and then went on to infringe and contest nearly every anti-competition law to bully and sustain their monopoly on the home computer / software industry across the globe

You have strange hero’s for your paragons of virtue

The same Microsoft that plagiarised apple of the original windows gui and somehow won the court case and then went on to infringe and contest nearly every anti-competition law to bully and sustain their monopoly on the home computer / software industry across the globe

You have strange hero’s for your paragons of virtue
lol I never said they were heroes or paragons of virtue. I just said Bill Gates is a philanthropist and a tech company like them could help the continuing development of the stadium. To be honest, I'm not really bothered if they nicked a few lines of code from Apple a few hundred years ago. We could use some of their ill-gotten gains to buy some new players.

How does Meridian Water station help anything ?

The station itself is a bit of a trek, but some may use it to avoid queues elsewhere.

Additionally rail operators were saying that once Meridian Water Station was opened they would be increasing train frequency on that line which of course includes Northumberland Park and Stratford - the extra trains being the result of the 10,000 new homes and work space on that site which is expected to produce some 4m users of the stadium versus very few on the station it replaced which was one of the least used in London. So in short Enfield regeneration is requiring better transport links which in turn helps Spurs fans using Northumberland Park Station.

Edit - Worth adding that included in the work on the line which has the Meridian Water and Northumberland Park stations, a brand new extra rail track has been laid, which no doubt helps carry the extra trains.

Last edited:
The station itself is a bit of a trek, but some may use it to avoid queues elsewhere.

Additionally rail operators were saying that once Meridian Water Station was opened they would be increasing train frequency on that line which of course includes Northumberland Park and Stratford - the extra trains being the result of the 10,000 new homes and work space on that site which is expected to produce some 4m users of the stadium versus very few on the station it replaced which was one of the least used in London. So in short Enfield regeneration is requiring better transport links which in turn helps Spurs fans using Northumberland Park Station.

Edit - Worth adding that included in the work on the line which has the Meridian Water and Northumberland Park stations, a brand new extra rail track has been laid, which no doubt helps carry the extra trains.
I haven't used angel road station since they shut Queensway market down.

Back
Top Bottom