New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry I got a ticket in park Lane lower, but I have a bad back. I also frequent spurs community and tell people my view of the pitch is more important than creating an atmosphere. What is wrong with you youngsters? Don't you realise I had my fun and so did many others. We have money by doing nothing and sitting on property when it was cheap. We dont want you to experience Tottenham like we did. Times have changed. Move on.

Last edited:
Bored of the grief the trust get now, to be honest. Just because they're doing a survey on one thing, it doesn't mean they can't be looking in to and trying to help with another thing.

Are those that are moaning only capable of having one priority that they're capable of dealing with over the space of a week?

It reminds me of the morons on social media every time the club put a post out advertising something, replying with shit about not wasting their time sorting out commercial partnerships with soap manufacturers and getting on and signing a player, as if one can't happen at the same time as the other.

On the same twitter feed they have said that they are in talks with the club over the standing thing
And there we go.

I guess people will see what they want to see though.

Last edited:
Bored of the gried the trust get now, to be honest. Just because they're doing a survey on one thing, it doesn't mean they can't be looking in to and trying to help with another thing.

Are those that are moaning only capable of having one priority that they're capable of dealing with over the space of a week?

It reminds me of the morons on social media every time the club put a post out advertising something, replying with shit about not wasting their time sorting out commercial partnerships with soap manufacturers and getting on and signing a player, as if one can't happen at the same time as the other.

And there we go.

See what I want to see?
Well I’ve seen the trusts outrage at ticket prices, I’ve even seen them squealing in the Daily Mail about it....I’ve seen them calling for us to boycott a game in MK, in “support of Wimbledon”. A club that Vinny Jones ended Gary Stevens career, and Fash the Bash broke Mabbutts face with an elbow. A club that did exactly what MK did to get ahead.
I’ve seen them complain about stewards in Barcelona.

Now I’ve seen them asking about hot dogs.

Still yet to see a statement about fans being banned after three games and people being smacked by OUR stewards though.

So they are talking to the club about the standing?
Three years too late mate

As a bit of inspiration for the coming days/months/years from the new ground. I’ve made this edit which might get a few people pumped (especially for tonight) as if you weren’t already. Song choice is very much down to personal opinion

Bored of the gried the trust get now, to be honest. Just because they're doing a survey on one thing, it doesn't mean they can't be looking in to and trying to help with another thing.

And there we go.

Easy target. Same people that moan about politicians but never bother to vote.

Same here. When not for a team I'd kick it about each day with my brothers and mates on totally shit pitches, snow, rain, wind, ice, it didn't matter. We even tried to play on as much as possible after it got dark. Just loved playing football. I never see kids playing football like I used to, they don't seem to have the same obsession.

And yet the level of footballer we (England) are producing these days is arguably better.......imagine if there was decent coaching back then

If people are that passionate about what the trust is doing, become a member and vote on what is done. It's a voluntary group put together to help put it's members, yes it's the best representation us as fans have bit at the end of the day all the trust is there to do is serve it's members.

If people are that passionate about what the trust is doing, become a member and vote on what is done. It's a voluntary group put together to help put it's members, yes it's the best representation us as fans have bit at the end of the day all the trust is there to do is serve it's members.
See my answer above....they have volunteered to represent the fans, fair enough.
But you do t have to join the trust to have an opinion on them

Back on to the subject of the stadium, now we've had 2 more games, I'd be interested to know from people who have been whether they're allowing free movement from the other 3 sides into the Market Place now, or if they're still restricting it to those in the South Stand?

At the Palace game they wouldn't let me through about 90 mins-2 hours before kick off, although I think those that were in really early made it through. Now the excitement has died down slightly I was hoping I might make it to see the universe's longest bar ever ever ever, and also to be able to walk through to Beavertown, as otherwise I've got a very long walk round from block 501!

Back on to the subject of the stadium, now we've had 2 more games, I'd be interested to know from people who have been whether they're allowing free movement from the other 3 sides into the Market Place now, or if they're still restricting it to those in the South Stand?

At the Palace game they wouldn't let me through about 90 mins-2 hours before kick off, although I think those that were in really early made it through. Now the excitement has died down slightly I was hoping I might make it to see the universe's longest bar ever ever ever, and also to be able to walk through to Beavertown, as otherwise I've got a very long walk round from block 501!

They are still managing the crowd by holding people back

Same here. When not for a team I'd kick it about each day with my brothers and mates on totally shit pitches, snow, rain, wind, ice, it didn't matter. We even tried to play on as much as possible after it got dark. Just loved playing football. I never see kids playing football like I used to, they don't seem to have the same obsession.
I remember playing one game when I was about 10 years old, it was about cold and it was hailing. I can remember the ref checking if I was ok because I was crying it hurt so much. :vdvcry:The game carried on though.

We also had a football pitch at school affectionately known as 'the cabbage patch' - says it all really.

I sit in the south stand and cannot get in the marketplace most of the time as they rope it off.

Can’t see they would let even more people from other stands in regularly

Spurs: no persistent standing allowed.

Also Spurs:

:sonhmm:

Whoever runs the social media account knows the score.

Well done - even picked a photo with fans in shadow so no faces showing.

:llorishowudoin:

(Has a chat with a steward after the game, seemed pretty clear they were under clear instructions today to get people to sit down. I had stood in the north mid tier for pretty much all the last two games. I’m back row with no-one behind me.
Was asked to sit within 1 minute of the game starting. When I asked why he said they had cameras in all areas and his boss was on his case.)
I'm 90% sure I'm one of the guys with their arms up in that photo. There's my claim to fame.

Back
Top Bottom