New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No its not

We should buy players from mk

We shouldn't be friendly with mk

MK shouldnt exist

All these things are consistent

I would agree generally. Buying £100,000,000 players from them for £5,000,000 is not contradictory to the fact you wish they didn’t exist. If they weren’t a thing, we wouldn’t have bought Dele from them, we would have bought him from Stevenage or Luton instead.

I would agree generally. Buying £100,000,000 players from them for £5,000,000 is not contradictory to the fact you wish they didn’t exist. If they weren’t a thing, we wouldn’t have bought Dele from them, we would have bought him from Stevenage or Luton instead.
I wish they didn't they do, as an aside I judge people on if they think Dele is a great player or not.

No its not

We should buy players from mk

We shouldn't be friendly with mk

MK shouldnt exist

All these things are consistent

You don’t usually do business by being hostile though. Dele calls MK home, so I’m not really sure the club cares what a few faux moralists think.

I’m quite sure you understand contradiction because you have adjusted your opinion about 4 times.
Buying players isn’t shunning...you think they give a shit if we give them 5M with a smile or not

You don’t usually do business by being hostile though. Dele calls MK home, so I’m not really sure the club cares what a few faux moralists think.

I’m quite sure you understand contradiction because you have adjusted your opinion about 4 times.
Buying players isn’t shunning...you think they give a shit if we give them 5M with a smile or not
Bollox, only thing I changed was the poor wording 'shun' when you corrected me. They are a thing, I hope they go out of existence as a lesson to others.

Bollox, only thing I changed was the poor wording 'shun' when you corrected me. They are a thing, I hope they go out of existence as a lesson to others.
But until they do, you are happy to do business with them like they were any other club.
As long as we don’t stay for tea and biscuits once the contracts are signed

The veggie sausage roll on Tuesday night was better than the veggie burger today.
Still getting my bearings, as went up one flight stairs to try to get to the fifth level and had to go back to the bottom and start again.
Not moaning, just saying to get away from the MK chatter.
With regards to the standing issue - if the steward asks you to sit, then you sit. Then you stand when they move away. I loved standing on Tuesday night, but if I had been asked to sit, I would have done.
Can't believe that people are moaning that we weren't singing at the top of our voices for 90 minutes - there are no supporters who keep that up for the whole game.
Still pinching myself that this is our home now, sure there are a few teething problems, but sure they will be ironed out by the start of next season. Buzzing for the last few games, if we had still been at Wembley, I'd be looking forward to them as much as I look forward to going to the dentist!

But until they do, you are happy to do business with them like they were any other club.
As long as we don’t stay for tea and biscuits once the contracts are signed
Yep you got it, deal with realities not wishes.

Would still boycott a home game at their stadium and hope others would too.

They boycotted the stadium. Encouraged other fans to do so in a pretentious manner whilst also being condescending.
I not vehemently against MK Dons right to exist. What do all these people want? It to be eradicated? I believe the owners also acknowledged their mistakes. They even gave Wimbledon their honours back. As I said though I don't agree with what happened. No point on punishing honest mk dons fans now though.

Agree. It’s also worth remembering that AFC Wimbledon fans have had a FANTASTIC time restarting their club, building it up from the bottom tier to League 1. I’m sure they wouldn’t have separated that experience for lodging at Selhurst Park while they bounce up and down the football league.

Bit of a mischaracterisation of the argument. No one is saying people should stand up all game everywhere in the stadium. I'd suggest large parts of the south stand (standing or not) are not suitable for someone who is 73 anyway (unless of course they are particularly fit).

I can confirm his Mum is particularly fit
:wanyama:

Bit of a mischaracterisation of the argument. No one is saying people should stand up all game everywhere in the stadium. I'd suggest large parts of the south stand (standing or not) are not suitable for someone who is 73 anyway (unless of course they are particularly fit).
We're in the north stand. People are always going to stand on occasions but not for the duration of the game. They should make some areas standing and make people aware this is possible so a choice can be made

I not vehemently against MK Dons right to exist. What do all these people want? It to be eradicated?

They should have to rise through the ranks the same way AFC Wimbeldon did, through authentic supporter engagement, not robbing the grave of somebody else's club.

Just starting some new club from the bottom in an empty football town with a pile of money would be one thing. Skipping the queue the way they did is entirely another.

They should have to rise through the ranks the same way AFC Wimbeldon did, through authentic supporter engagement, not robbing the grave of somebody else's club.

Just starting some new club from the bottom in an empty football town with a pile of money would be one thing. Skipping the queue the way they did is entirely another.
I agree that should have been done but what do you want to be done now? Punish MK Dons fans? None of this hipster grandstanding makes any sense anymore. You don't honestly think they should start playing teams in local parks for the next few years?

I agree that should have been done but what do you want to be done now? Punish MK Dons fans? None of this hipster grandstanding makes any sense anymore. You don't honestly think they should start playing teams in local parks for the next few years?
Not support them or associate wherever possible... Non hipster grandstanding is fine.

You don't honestly think they should start playing teams in local parks for the next few years?

That's a bit overstating it. Clubs can enter in semi-professional football. A football fan in Milton Keynes ought to want their team to come by their status honestly.

All of this is not to say that I'm in support of some boycott or whatever. Modern football is a fallen enterprise in a lot of ways, there's no use being too precious about it. But MK Dons symbolize one of the most shameful chapters in that history.

Spurs: no persistent standing allowed.

Also Spurs:

:sonhmm:

Whoever runs the social media account knows the score.

Well done - even picked a photo with fans in shadow so no faces showing.

:llorishowudoin:

(Has a chat with a steward after the game, seemed pretty clear they were under clear instructions today to get people to sit down. I had stood in the north mid tier for pretty much all the last two games. I’m back row with no-one behind me.
Was asked to sit within 1 minute of the game starting. When I asked why he said they had cameras in all areas and his boss was on his case.)

Disagree mk dons should never have been allowed, franchises have no place in England. Mk should have come up through the pyramid
this.
as someone that played for team of wimbledon supporters at that time, i saw the hurt that caused people. should never been allowed.

the saddest thing? MK Dongs dont own the stadium. never have. So Wimbledon moved, to go from not owning a stadium to another town where they wouldnt own the stadium. it was all for nothing

Back
Top Bottom