New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So,, after all the love... any negatives?

I saw a few people giving beef to stewards because they wanted to take food onto the stands (although I saw food out there?)

Also it felt RAMMED only half full, maybe they didn't make it clear there was food and drink on all levels?

Any other negative? (except the trains)
Only really minor stuff. They'd underestimated the demand for all the Beavertown stuff and ran out of it at a lot of outlets. I'd also say the fitout of the feature bars was a bit understated and they were all very similar - definitely liked the South most in terms of concourse facilities and there was actually quite a bit of space upstairs.

...on closer inspection of the Park Lane/South Stand, from a certain angle...
images
tottenham-hotspur-stadium-london-united-kingdom-shutterstock-editorial-10075355d.jpg

...it actually looks like an old fashioned football fans' Flat Cap!!
3E6112FC00000578-0-image-a-45_1490002847854.jpg

Intentional 'nod' to our History???

"The Flat Cap Arena"
anyone??

You are mental, never change!...

The South Stand, which holds 17,500 seats, is more than 34 metres high. That is around a third of the size of Big Ben and about the same as the BBC's Broadcasting House building in central London.

I have no idea what that means. The internationally accepted unit of height is Nelsons Column, not Big Ben or BBC Broadcasting House FFS. :lamelaaghh:

If you weren't getting excited, I'd think what's wrong with you! Enjoy every minute and be prepared to fight away the tears
:dierpochhug:
There were a few near tear moments yesterday,i would be lying if i said there wasn't.
When i walked in i went and looked at the pitch,before testing one of the bars(the latter i saw it as a moral duty).And i said out loud "wow".Fella next to me,said similar. Everyone seemed to be a daze.The only negative remark i heard was from a fella ,before we even got in.He said out loud "this aint a f**king football stadium".Oh well, you can't please everyone.

Last edited:
Not sure about singer songwriters and djs playing shite dance music afterwards tbh but obvs after early and 3pm games there will be other matches on in the concourse.
The one other thing I would have as a reservation as a former pub landlord myself is the local bars being a bit shafted with the people staying in the stadium thing. I see this as a temporary thing though as the novelty will wear off a bit eventually and people will start heading back to the locals pubs and eateries and there is nearly double the punters anyway I guess.
Surprised they ran out of beavertown, heads will roll if that happens on matchdays and levy gets wind!

Is the spacing allowance/leg room for seats quite generous (like Wembley) or more cramped like the old White Hart Lane? Regular seats this is, not those premium whatsits.

Is the spacing allowance/leg room for seats quite generous (like Wembley) or more cramped like the old White Hart Lane? Regular seats this is, not those premium whatsits.

More space than Wembley

Not sure about singer songwriters and djs playing shite dance music afterwards tbh but obvs after early and 3pm games there will be other matches on in the concourse.
The one other thing I would have as a reservation as a former pub landlord myself is the local bars being a bit shafted with the people staying in the stadium thing. I see this as a temporary thing though as the novelty will wear off a bit eventually and people will start heading back to the locals pubs and eateries and there is nearly double the punters anyway I guess.
Surprised they ran out of beavertown, heads will roll if that happens on matchdays and levy gets wind!

There's going to be nearly double the amount of people on match days, they'll be alright.

Everyone was going mad for the Neck Oil.

Only really minor stuff. They'd underestimated the demand for all the Beavertown stuff and ran out of it at a lot of outlets. I'd also say the fitout of the feature bars was a bit understated and they were all very similar - definitely liked the South most in terms of concourse facilities and there was actually quite a bit of space upstairs.
They ran out of pies as well.but only a minor detail really

Back
Top Bottom