New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The South Stand, which holds 17,500 seats, is more than 34 metres high. That is around a third of the size of Big Ben and about the same as the BBC's Broadcasting House building in central London.

A Tottenham staff member climbed to the top. "If you need to know," he gasped, "it was 223 steps. I was knackered." If he had gone up and down four times it would be the equivalent of climbing to the top of the Empire State Building in New York.

:pochshock:

telegraph25.jpg

All of the journalist write ups I've seen are very positive

All of the journalist write ups I've seen are very positive
Yes indeed.

Finally I see a bit of space in English newspapers about you.

I would add that Juventus with the new stadium owned since 2011 has improved their points / match performance at home. Wembley is beautiful but it is not your home. Start a new story for Tottenham

Hopefully it's the start of our "Man Utd" treatment. ie: they treat the media like royalty, so the media back them in everything.

Doubt it tho.

Seems to work for Man City as well - people are simple folk, journalists even more so......you always hear them on Sunday Supplement or Podcasts commenting when they've been given mince pies at an xmas press conference etc.

Yes indeed.

Finally I see a bit of space in English newspapers about you.

I would add that Juventus with the new stadium owned since 2011 has improved their points / match performance at home. Wembley is beautiful but it is not your home. Start a new story for Tottenham

Haven't been to NWHL yet, but Juventus Stadium and Dortmund are the best modern grounds I've been to. I think we have tried to emulate those.

Haven't been to NWHL yet, but Juventus Stadium and Dortmund are the best modern grounds I've been to. I think we have tried to emulate those.

I was once at the Juventus Stadium, March 2015, a Juventus-Lazio. I was a guest in the Tribune Legends with dinner included and restaurant on sight. It was an exception, however, certainly a special experience. Beyond this, however, a very beautiful stadium, perhaps a little small, was better with 10,000-15,000 more seats. In any case, the average standard of English stadiums is the best. In 2007 I saw a Tottenham-Everton in your old stadium (there was Berbatov ...). I'm glad for this step forward.

P.S. The worst stadium in the world was the old Juventus stadium (Delle Alpi), I saw Juventus-Ajax4-1 semi-final of CL. I was far away, with the athletics track in the middle, a legacy of the Italia 90 World Cup. It looked like an ant game

So,, after all the love... any negatives?

I saw a few people giving beef to stewards because they wanted to take food onto the stands (although I saw food out there?)

Also it felt RAMMED only half full, maybe they didn't make it clear there was food and drink on all levels?

Any other negative? (except the trains)

Yesterday really was a magical day, however there was one downside.

I learnt, the hard way, that if you fiddle around with the little magnetic disc at the bottom of your beer cup then you end up losing half your beer on your feet.
I think people were as amazed at seeing their beer 'magically' fill up from the bottom, than the Stadium itself! :hugoshock:
What Sorcerer's Wizardry is this?? :pochshock:

Back
Top Bottom