New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree but I wouldn't have thought the stadium will have many empty seats for a long time.
That's a tuff one to answer as it all depends on the individual (or in the case of the premium/executive seats on the company hat's bought them. When Woolwich first opened the airline stadium they had thousands of empty seats on show, remember the black bin liners protests. This was because those that purchased the seats would only bother to turn up to the Cat A games, they had zero interest in a game against Hull, Cardiff or Huddersfield etc...

I can easily see this repeated at the new stadium, unfortunately. It's what happens when the "event" is more important than the game, when people go because they have one employee of the month and this is their prize or they just want to been seen at the "must attend" fixture. It's not just football, but Tennis, Motor Racing, Horse Racing, Rugby and Boxing are easily the worst offenders.
I saw this posted at the weekend from the Rugby, these people aren't Rugby fans, let alone England fans, no fan of anything chooses not to watch the game they have paid to see. (just look at that abomination section behind the dugouts, most people sat their only see 30mins of the game at best).

This is Man City's tunnel club from the weekend!
D1fKymPWkAItQv_.jpg

Glamorous friendly for Inter Forever in north London

GLAMOROUS FRIENDLY FOR INTER FOREVER IN NORTH LONDON

The Nerazzurri legends will play Spurs Legends in a special match to help inaugurate the new stadium in Tottenham
12/03/2019 - 16:43

MILAN - Inter Forever and Spurs Legends will meet in a friendly at 17:30 GMT on Saturday 30 March in one of the two test events to help officially open the new home of Tottenham Hotspur.

The New Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will be open at a limited capacity of 45,000 compared to its full capacity of 62,000.

Inter Forever will be led by the project’s Director Francesco Toldo, and great players such as Javier Zanetti and Dejan Stankovic will feature along with many other Nerazzurri legends who have played in other matches of this type against the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Chelsea.

In addition to the stars already mentioned, the Inter Forever squad that will face Spurs Legends will include Mikael Silvestre, Nicola Ventola and – for the first time – Laurent Blanc, who won the European Championship and World Cup with France.

The full squads will be announced in the coming days, as will the ticket information.

It mentions that the Inter squad will be similar to the one that played Chelsea.

This was the squad for that game:

GOALKEEPERS: Francesco Toldo, Sebastien Frey

DEFENDERS (oh my): Guiseppe Bergomi, Javier Zanetti, Guiseppe Baresi (yes, the older one, still kicking it at 60!), Massimo Paganin, Marco Materazzi, Walter Samuel, Christian Chivu, Mikaël Silvestre, Francesco Colonnese

MIDFIELDERS: Esteban Cambiasso, Alessandro Bianchi, Nicola Berti, Giorgos Karagounis, Olivier Dacourt, Ousmane Dabo, Houssine Kharja

FORWARDS: Youri Djorkaeff, Hernan Crespo, Jürgen Klinsmann, David Suazo

That's a tuff one to answer as it all depends on the individual (or in the case of the premium/executive seats on the company hat's bought them. When Woolwich first opened the airline stadium they had thousands of empty seats on show, remember the black bin liners protests. This was because those that purchased the seats would only bother to turn up to the Cat A games, they had zero interest in a game against Hull, Cardiff or Huddersfield etc...

I can easily see this repeated at the new stadium, unfortunately. It's what happens when the "event" is more important than the game, when people go because they have one employee of the month and this is their prize or they just want to been seen at the "must attend" fixture. It's not just football, but Tennis, Motor Racing, Horse Racing, Rugby and Boxing are easily the worst offenders.
I saw this posted at the weekend from the Rugby, these people aren't Rugby fans, let alone England fans, no fan of anything chooses not to watch the game they have paid to see. (just look at that abomination section behind the dugouts, most people sat their only see 30mins of the game at best).

D1fKymPWkAItQv_.jpg

Not surprised the Tunnel Club at City doesn't work, their general ticket prices are really low in comparison to other top teams and they still don't sell out.......they don't have a big fan base, and definitely not loads of fans with loadsa money

Hmm, well its gone past 5pm and no sign of the test event available for me (One Hotspur +). So, either a bit of a delay, or all the tickets got allocated to ST's.

Hmm, well its gone past 5pm and no sign of the test event available for me (One Hotspur +). So, either a bit of a delay, or all the tickets got allocated to ST's.

The ballot is not till Friday for ST holders. Then they get a chance to buy tickets in a sales window.

They haven’t announced yet how long that window will be for or when it opens.

So not sure when members will get a chance to apply for tickets. But I wouldn’t expect anything to happen today.

You are incredibly boring
Really LMAO..
I love how easy it is to tell the youngsters on here.. listen if somebody does not like my opinion that's fine, but to just respond with "fuck off" because they are incapable of a discussion is frankly childish and pathetic. Especially as the definition of a forum is

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
So I responded in kind. Maybe you should actually look into what's being said and actually have a discussion. We don't have to agree and maybe sometimes we can be shown that someone has an opinion that is valid even if different..

D1fKymPWkAItQv_.jpg

Clearly they have all escaped through the tunnel. Good luck chaps.

Not surprised the Tunnel Club at City doesn't work, their general ticket prices are really low in comparison to other top teams and they still don't sell out.......they don't have a big fan base, and definitely not loads of fans with loadsa money
Yeah, I would generally agree with that But Man U charge chuffing fortunes for what is one of the shittest corp tickets in the PL (I'm not talking about the view but the lounge/food etc) and they sell out and yeah maybe they are all from London?? They are also one of the biggest tourist attraction clubs too, exactly what City are becoming and where their growth is, what with all the JCL just supporting what they think is a "winning" team to substitute the lack off such shiny things in their personal lives.

From what I've seen it is quite big, from that picture it's anything from 500-1,000 seats, maybe that also has something to do with it? At least ours is 250(??) seats.

D1fKymPWkAItQv_.jpg

That rugby clip strikes me as very typical of Britain, it seems a large percentage of people can't go five minutes without having to eat or drink something. Doesn't matter how shit it is, how overpriced. Can't remember what game it was I was watching but folks were getting up in the 38th minute, presumably to be near the front of the queue to by some shit, near flat beer at 6 quid a pint and eat some gristle and gravy in soggy pastry that has been reheated in a nuclear furnace. If you shovel it down your neck quick enough you can repeat the experience and only miss 6 or 7 minutes of the second half. Ticket only cost you 50 quid after all.

Not just sport either, the Gatwick Express takes just 30 minutes but that's plenty enough for Mr Fat to have a tasteless industrial sandwich, a bag of crisps and a can of fizzy pop.

You don't get it here, the bars at games are spartan to say the very least and most people don't bother, preferring to wait and go to a proper place a little later

More asinine bollocks, now you are complaining that we didn't pay enough for our good players, are you serious? So what it sounds like you are saying is football is all about who can spend the most money on the biggest name players ... sadly whilst that may be true it's got fuck all to do with what football is really all about, it's all about developing 'one of our own' all about 'unearthing the next great thing' all about doing it through pride and hard work something the true supporter can get behind ... it really isn't about just seeing who has the biggest cheque book ... in case you don't know, and I suspect you don't, we have spent 397m on transfers in the last five years, that's more than Woolwich, only the big four have spent more but hey you keep whinging if that's what makes you happy ...

If as you say it's spending the most money that is all football is about, might I suggest PSG, City, or Bayern where you will find the cheque book football you seem to admire, me I will stick with the Spurs way of doing things ... to dare is to do ... not to buy is to do ... you would do well to remember that
Wow..some good points tbh..i don't think football is only who can spend the most. But I have no idea where that 397m in 5 years has gone as we have only spent 20m in the last 2 years on moura. So we spent 377m in 3 years on who ?
I love home grown players but weather any of us like it or not buying world class players to add to those home grown makes for an unbelievable mix of quality and talent. If you have good home grown players you will not need to buy so many quality players. But every club needs to invest in players or they risk being overtaken by the ones that do..

That rugby clip strikes me as very typical of Britain, it seems a large percentage of people can't go five minutes without having to eat or drink something. Doesn't matter how shit it is, how overpriced. Can't remember what game it was I was watching but folks were getting up in the 38th minute, presumably to be near the front of the queue to by some shit, near flat beer at 6 quid a pint and eat some gristle and gravy in soggy pastry that has been reheated in a nuclear furnace. If you shovel it down your neck quick enough you can repeat the experience and only miss 6 or 7 minutes of the second half. Ticket only cost you 50 quid after all.

Not just sport either, the Gatwick Express takes just 30 minutes but that's plenty enough for Mr Fat to have a tasteless industrial sandwich, a bag of crisps and a can of fizzy pop.

You don't get it here, the bars at games are spartan to say the very least and most people don't bother, preferring to wait and go to a proper place a little later
I still maintain that they aren't at all interested in the game, they can't be.

I fucking hate horse racing, I don't get the attraction, a brown one wins or if we are really lucky a grey one, but each to their own. I've now been to about 5 races, I've yet to see a horse! I'm there and everyone one else that I'm with is there for the booze and food, absolute zero interest in the racing. What I hate is there might be genuine lovers of that sport who can't go because of me.

I've no major issue if these seats are taken up by enthusiasts or have a passion for the sport but in my experience, that's rarely the case.

D1fKymPWkAItQv_.jpg

That is what is was like for me at Wembley for the NLD. Disgraceful. No one gave a shit around me. Very strange and upsetting. One Korean man was wearing a cape; I couldn't figure out why.

Nice enough people, but they'll mostly disappear once he's no longer playing for us.
Probably just get yer standard few in the front row.
Maybe, just have to wait and see if it happens or not. Whenever I've heard Spurs supporters of an age who saw Bill Nic's double team, most of them say the reason why they are Spurs supporters is that they were the best, or because they loved one of the players in that side. Rarely do you hear them say they were local or because tier old man did.

Back
Top Bottom