New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Under the South Stand
DyvhYddX0AEShlj.jpg
Not sure about that logo of a giant in a hi-vis jacket and hardhat on the pitch - homage to our builders I suppose??

It was 20 over 10 years rather than technically two per season - I'd guess to account for a situation where we didn't open by last October, as well as give the NFL flexibility if e.g. they wanted us to host only one game in a particular season while they experimented with a match in continental Europe or a franchise moved to London for the season, or to host three/four if Wembley was unavailable, etc. So I'd assume it's still 20 games, to be played between this year and 2027.
Didn't we only have 1 pencilled in for last year instead of 2, which would mean more one year than another.

Live stream 1 showing the west side of the stadium has been down for a few days but the youtube version (link above) is back on (although its not yet back on OS stadium site) - that shows the windows in the Ticket Office have been uncovered, which means that's pretty close to completion, ad I'd guess the internal fit out (which isn't that much in an office) is either well under way or all but finished.

image.php

On the East side, all but a couple of modules of the screen are now working.

A bit more scaffolding has gone in, but they are obviously not rushing it !

For those interested in the wider Tottenham regeneration, Spurs have put in an EIA dated 12 February (2 days ago) (designed to ensure Haringey Council are happy with the concept of a yet to be submitted planning application) for 867-869 High Road (the old B & M site) close to Brook House (the flats and school already built by Spurs) and The Goods Yard (another Spurs Scheme Goods Yard Tottenham – Goods Yard Tottenham ) which forms part of High Road West.

The scheme is to build another circa 300 flats, some commercial space plus childrens play area and other general communal space.
http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=1224046

Together with The Goods Yard Scheme (currently pending an inquiry as to why Haringey are refusing planning permission), these would provide approximately 50% of the 1,200 homes promised under High Road West which Harringey have done a deal with Lendlease to develop,

Spurs (and/or other ENIC companies) have other property in High Road West, and I'd guess there will be other planning applications in the pipeline.

Not sure how Haringey can continue to refuse planning permission, do a Compulsory Purchase and then jointly re-develop High Road West with Lendlease,

Haringey - Conflict of interest at the very best (or least) ? Misuse of planning powers etc ?

Last edited:
Wonder if someone can help I'm watching Celtic match and noticed behind the goal there's a couple of rows empty due to UEFA regulations and was wondering where do we stand on that at the new WHL
My understanding is rows that have been blocked off at the front have been done because of how the digital advertising screens show up, I don't know the specifics but guess it has to do with making the add standout more on TV. Absolutely no idea if this means we'd have to do the same at the new stadium. In addition to this the new stadium is closer to the pitch that is specified by UEFA guidelines, so maybe also this will mean for European games they will also be blocked out???

Thought we were only going to have 3 or 4 NFL games at the new stadium? Seems a little extravagant to build NFL changing rooms for that few games.

It's one of the main plus points over Wembley, an NFL squad can't all fit into a football changing room - so they have to take turns to use it. Pretty sure they have their own corporate facilities and tunnel club as well.

Plus the new stadium is fucking huge, there's plenty of room under ground to fit in the extra facilities.

Back
Top Bottom