New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"A very, very disappointing week" ... that's pretty much all I was told last night.

I make no apologies for supporting Spurs and by extension DL our chairman. Having followed our club since the mid-sixties I can say with absolute certainty that we've never been as close to the 'elite' group as we are right now. Has it all been smooth sailing? No of course not, the stadium delays are a feckin' pain but get past that and you will realise that soon we will have the best stadium in the EPL and probably in Europe, is that not worth the wait?

Spurs fans in the main have never acted 'entitled' despite being the first English club to win a European Trophy the first club to win The Double, we have always seen ourselves as the over achiever ... just because that's about to change, and we are about to join that elite band on level terms, doesn't mean we should turn into AFTV Gooners, RAWK tossers, or feckin' Chavs ... we have earned everything we've got, we can take pride in that, to suddenly become a bunch of whinging, entitled, me,me,me pricks (and obviously I'm generalizing) is very tough to read day after day.

Just stop complaining, you may be to young to understand, but these are the glory years, we haven't had it so good since 1961, if you'd had to watch the football we played in the nineties some of you would have committed Hari Kari by now.

So try and be happy, the stadium will come, CL is still with us, football life is good so enjoy it while we can ... if you keep on moaning about the setup you just might get your wish, let's sell out to a Sugar, a GSB or a Kroenke then see how much you'd like them apples.

Still doesn’t explain why you insult people who come on here just passing on what they have been told though.

Nice story though ......

Because he believes it to be true?

Ever thought that people would be risking a mates job/professionalism if they revealed their sources.
I past on opinions that the stadium was on schedule last summer that i had heard from people working on it.Turned out it was a complete load of bollox, but i believed it ,so passed it on .

Spot on. People I know would be honest with me about timescales, how things were progressing etc.

At the same time they were very positive about the club and the stadium.

But don’t think anybody wants to drop mates or business contacts in the shit do they.

Bit more of an update ... if you don't like it please just ignore it, posting how 'ripped off' - 'conned' - 'lied to' well that's fair enough but we've heard it all before ...

Anyway, we have now concluded successfully about 90% of the integration tests, the wiring, heads, alarms all work fine, and no they haven't all been replaced that's just an urban myth. The issue remains with the integration of the various systems via the automated PAVA solution, MACE were hoping to be at 95% this week, but there was a major glitch. This is not unusual in projects of this size, for anyone who's used terminal five at Heathrow it operates a PAVA system, that system took seven months to commission and had numerous issues, but they got there in the end.

The timeline is completely out of anyone at Spurs control, the system will pass when it passes, that could be this week, next week, next month nobody can say 100% ...

On the plus side the reason we only made a single Wembley fixture announcement is that there is still a chance we can get everything passed and be in NWHL this season, fingers crossed.

I don't doubt that it's the case, but it still astonishes me just how complicated the standards can be for a few glorified, stationary loudspeakers to tell people that the building's on fucking fire and they might like to leave quite quickly.

This all sounds vaguely credible perhaps your update does actually come from your blessed source.

Or alternatively its lifted from skyscraper City and you wrapped it up as your update. Most normal people actually say I saw this post on SSC they may have a point. Bullshitters call it there latest 'up date' . The quote is below for people to decide

• norskire
    Incurably curiousJoin: May 2017Posts: 1043

about 6 hours ago · #83428

Ghoddle said:
    Original Post
    Yeah I hope so, posted this in the hope that an ITK could dismiss it.

The forum you copied the remark from is a fertile source of pure rosebush fertilizer, reading back through it is almost like stepping into a parallel universe.
    From what I have been told regarding certification the state of play at the moment when it comes to those installations that together make up the integrated safety system is that we're sitting on about 90% fully passed (ie. following council inspection, and which accounts for almost all of the remedial work undertaken since last September), about 8 to 9% provisionally passed (tested by the contractor and awaiting 3rd party approval) and the remaining 1 or 2% yet to be assessed. This small bit includes the integration software which governs automated activation and deactivation of several subsidiary systems in real-time and which is naturally the most critical of them all and potentially the most problematic system to test to a point of guaranteed functionality. It is the one that will certainly fail umpteen tests as it's brought to full function, and if any rumours about "test failures" leak out again between now and when the first test event is held you can be sure this is what has led to them.
    Laing O'Rourke went through all this before with Terminal 5 in Heathrow, with uncanny parallels to this stadium build. In September 2007 they discovered a rake of non-compliancies in the fire safety system and, like Mace, switched to modular certification as the remedial work was undertaken. By January 2008 they had rolled this work right up to the point where they could concentrate again on the integration control system, and then spent two months trialling, failing and trialling again until they were satisfied it would pass official tests, which it did. What had been envisaged to be a simple run of a dozen or so major trials allowing the terminal to open in October 2007 turned into 68 trials involving around 4,000 workers, 15,000 public volunteers, and an eventual opening date of March 2008. The ultimate tests of the safety control system lasted 8 weeks, in other words, 7 of which involved consistent failures as the calibration of this system continued, so that the final week could be guaranteed to produce a certifiable system and transfer of ownership.
    Bottom line - given how far they've come with the stadium now any reported failures at this stage are much more likely to imply progress, not disaster. If I hear the same rumours coming from River Park House then I'd be worried, but as yet all seems fine by them. Rumours coming from a mate's uncle's pal who heard a lad with a hard hat mutter the word "fail" when he was there delivering bog roll are probably insufficient grounds to go into Private Frazer mode, let alone Corporal Jones mode
LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane (62,062) LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane (62,062) - SkyscraperCity

I did tell you not to bother with more whinging... guess that day trip out of the basement didn't get rid of the paranoia after all ...

Have you ever considered that just maybe some people do have credible sources? Don't you think that a person on a totally seperate website posing near identical information after the Friday meeting is more than pure coincidence? Have you considered that just maybe it's all sourced from that same meeting? a meeting where MACE gave percentages, where Heathrow was discussed, where announcing possible opening dates was considered and then discarded ... can your pea-brain even consider that outside of your basement real life actually keeps going?

But whatever, you stick with your conspiracy theory, namely that Spurs, Daniel, MACE, and Haringey Council have all conspired just to con Paddy the basement dwelling whinger out of a few quid on his season ticket ... because as we all know that makes such perfect sense ...

I did tell you not to bother with more whinging... guess that day trip out of the basement didn't get rid of the paranoia after all ...

Have you ever considered that just maybe some people do have credible sources? Don't you think that a person on a totally seperate website posing near identical information after the Friday meeting is more than pure coincidence? Have you considered that just maybe it's all sourced from that same meeting? a meeting where MACE gave percentages, where Heathrow was discussed, where announcing possible opening dates was considered and then discarded ... can your pea-brain even consider that outside of your basement real life actually keeps going?

But whatever, you stick with your conspiracy theory, namely that Spurs, Daniel, MACE, and Haringey Council have all conspired just to con Paddy the basement dwelling whinger out of a few quid on his season ticket ... because as we all know that makes such perfect sense ...
I actually deleted my post because I can't be bothered anymore dealing with such a bullshiter, itk my arse. When have I said Haringey council are part of this conspiracy or mace to that affect.. All I have ever said was that Levy must of known in April he had little chance of opening the stadium in August or September.
SCC POST is so similar even down to the 90% testing figures and T5 comporasions. Annoyingly posted before your post. What are the chances.

LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane (62,062) LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane (62,062) - SkyscraperCity

I actually deleted my post because I can't be bothered anymore dealing with such a bullshiter, itk my arse. When have I said Haringey council are part of this conspiracy or mace to that affect.. All I have ever said was that Levy must of known in April he had little chance of opening the stadium in August or September.
SCC POST is so similar even down to the 90% testing figures and T5 comporasions. Annoyingly posted before your post. What are the chances.

You deleted your post because even for you it was paranoid conspiracy theory gone mad .... just accept the truth, Spurs, DL, MACE, Haringey have not formed one giant conspiracy to rip you off for a few fivers .... seriously outside of your basement that just never happened.

An unexpected construction issue around the integration of several safety systems into a PAVA control system has not gone to plan, shit happens, the stadium was long since ready to host matches, you say you've been there so you must know that's true. It now requires Safety Certificates and a SGSA licence ... these are issued by the Council and the Sports Ground Safety Authority respectively, only once that happens will we move in.

That's not a conspiracy, or some splendid long con, it's reality ... why can't you accept it?

For what it's worth. I visited the stadium for a walk past yesterday. Along the nice lobby of the West Stand workmen were (messily) pulling up the fancy lobby tiles to reveal wiring conduits. If that's a local issue, then OK, but if it's representative of the whole stadium, then it's not going to happen this season in my opinion. Got the same feeling as when we lose a game.

At least we're playing today COYS.

from what Bangkokspud says we are awaiting the software working with ALL the safety systems, if that is the problem that could be a short or long term repair/rewrite of the software,
knowing the probelms we had will railway scada upgrades or renewals that continued long after the kit was installed & running (the only rule that mattered on the railway was the trains MUST run) since Glenfell no-one will allow their head to be on the block, so its only signed off if ALL tests passed

The longer this goes on the more worrying it gets.
July 2018 the club were confident enough to announce test fixture dates one month later in august.

Then August 2018 routine checks highlight flaws. But no problem there will just be a one month small delay.

But it’s not a small delay.

I will take BangkokSpud BangkokSpud at his word that very bad news was received this week. And there is a major glitch.
Whatever is causing the issue it’s quite obvious it’s not a simple fix.

Tiles being ripped up on a Saturday...... Can only hope this problem is found and resolved sooner rather than later.

All the time costs are escalating and revenue is being held back. Selling players this summer becomes a depressing reality if it carries into another season.

UPDATE AT TOTTENHAM'S NEW STADIUM:
- East Stand veil work
- Trees planted
- Signage installed
- Paving, tiling and panels going in
- Clips of inside the bowl and the underground car park

Back
Top Bottom