New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walked along the high road yesterday,and whilst we are a couple of weeks away, it didnt look like it would ready to let people in for the test event(health n Safety etc).

Just to cheer people up after yesterday

Walked along the high road yesterday,and whilst we are a couple of weeks away, it didnt look like it would ready to let people in for the test event(health n Safety etc).

Just to cheer people up after yesterday
Surely nothing they can't tidy away or cordon off? Don't forget we were playing within a live building site for the last season at WHL, but they put hoardings around all the construction work to make walkways on matchdays

Can give you a further heads up ... believe it or not as you choose ... we have received the Safety tests/Reports and whilst they are a massive improvement on January they are by no means a 'pass' ... to be fair a pass wasn't expected, there's always remedial work after any tests, for NWHL a lot of that work is now in the less critical areas as for obvious reasons we have focused on the main public areas. The PAVA system is the biggest headache and Mace (subbed to TYCO) are still unwilling to guarantee that this will be 100% working in time for the Man Utd game ... although that remains entirely possible ...

So do we have a Plan B?

Plan B is to get the FLA and the Council to sign off on Man Utd with either: a fully working PAVA system, or to allow the currently mostly working PAVA system fully backed up with fire-marshals on radios .... we need them to make a decision on this very soon, fingers are crossed that we will be given the go ahead, but it's out of our hands so we can't give out any information, not until we are told yes or no ....
One thing that I am confused about. This is only my understanding and a layman's one at that, so please bear with me. I understand that other stadiums in the UK do not need the level of safety systems as we do at New WHL (Assume that's fire sprinklers) because the level of fit-out is nothing like the new stadium, that's to say our new stadium has gone the route of a shopping centre type build, with false ceilings and combustible materials. Other stadiums don't require a sprinkler system because it's for the most part breeze block finish (i.e Old WHL the concourse was just a bare space between the outer stadium and stadium boul). Do I have this roughly correct?

Went past the stadium and the controversial “angled bit” looks absolutely fine up close. Think it’s just from that side on shot that it looks a bit strange. Looks beautiful!!

I am just beginning to think that the club is going to bin off the new stadium for the season. Hope I'm wrong, but it's starting to feel possible now.

:memeokay:

One thing that I am confused about. This is only my understanding and a layman's one at that, so please bear with me. I understand that other stadiums in the UK do not need the level of safety systems as we do at New WHL (Assume that's fire sprinklers) because the level of fit-out is nothing like the new stadium, that's to say our new stadium has gone the route of a shopping centre type build, with false ceilings and combustible materials. Other stadiums don't require a sprinkler system because it's for the most part breeze block finish (i.e Old WHL the concourse was just a bare space between the outer stadium and stadium boul). Do I have this roughly correct?

The honest answer is I'm not aware of past stadium requirements, we are required to have full PAVA system (Public Address/Voice Alarm) which is basically an internal network system both hardwired and wireless ... a seperate Radio System, and a seperate Fire Control system all of which must work together and independently ... The PAVA system is nearly there, the Radio System is simple tech, the Fire Control system is frankly still a bit of a nightmare ... hence the Plan B of fire marshals ...

I very much doubt even 10 years ago this was a football stadium requirement, but it is for NWHL ....

ZmjMbhs.jpg

From SSC...Looks lovely with the badge all lit up and all, but it's fake...here's the original...
image.php

Last edited:

I'm no expert on the subject, but in general terms fire and other regulations become more exacting from time to time - but only for buildings built after that time, they are rarely retrospective unless the regulation can easily be implemented in an older building.

Moving onto something I know about (bear with me its relevant) fire regulations in blocks of flats became far more exacting about 7 or 8 years ago for the 'common parts (broadly communal halls and stairs) by including these in the same fire regulation category as shops, hotels and other public buildings category - .before that the 'common parts' of blocks of flats were treated pretty much in the same way as individual homes.

So when The Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) https://sgsa.org.uk/insight/history-of-the-sgsa/ was established in 2011, taking over from the Football Licensing Authority (FLA) (itself only established in mid 1980's - after many stadia were built) a similar change in standard of regulation may well have occurred as the FLA regulations mainly were about an oversight on what the local councils did, which of course was variable by council.

Back
Top Bottom