New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's all a bit monolithic...you'll be seeing ape men gathering around killing each other with bones next...
Clmo9cS.jpg

Update from my friend - MACE took on a lot of additional electricians to deal with the 'issues' that had come to light at the failed certification, it appears from the briefing at the end of last week that these issues were nowhere near as bad as first feared, nearly all the additional day work electricians have already been let go ....

With the opening pushed back until at least the Chelsea game, and maybe that won't fly with the authorities, a lot of work has actually been scaled back, overtime and weekend working is way down on a month ago ....

Still no date for test events and certification but he said everyone was noticeably more relaxed than the last few meetings. Read into that what you will it might mean they're on track for Chelsea or it might mean they've accepted a 2019 opening ....

Fucking brilliant that this is taken from the original. Even better that it's now 100% confirmed it will sit over the South Stand and the fact it's scaled up as well also means it will look in proportion to a stadium that is also double the size as the old one.

Along with the floor being made up from the Old Lane, bricks from the iconic East Stand used inside the stadium, along with the use of the facade from the Dispensary Building too, this is White Hart Lane.

Last edited:
Fucking brilliant that this is taken from the original. Even better that it's now 100% confirmed it will sit over the South Stand and the fact it's called up as well also means it will look in proportion to a stadium that is also double the size as the old one.

Along with the floor being made up from the Old Lane, bricks from the iconic East Stand used inside the stadium, along with the use of the facade from the Dispensary Building too, this is White Hart Lane.
CAN WE GO THERE NOW PLEASE

I'm so bored of waiting for this damn stadium... it's like telling a kid in November that Christmas is delayed and it might come somewhere around March but perhaps May...

Update from my friend - MACE took on a lot of additional electricians to deal with the 'issues' that had come to light at the failed certification, it appears from the briefing at the end of last week that these issues were nowhere near as bad as first feared, nearly all the additional day work electricians have already been let go ....

With the opening pushed back until at least the Chelsea game, and maybe that won't fly with the authorities, a lot of work has actually been scaled back, overtime and weekend working is way down on a month ago ....

Still no date for test events and certification but he said everyone was noticeably more relaxed than the last few meetings. Read into that what you will it might mean they're on track for Chelsea or it might mean they've accepted a 2019 opening ....

Chelsea game is on 24 November, so I'd guess Spurs will be under pressure from PL to state where the match will be held by the end of this month giving almost 2 months notice - and that driven by fans wanting to book travel, TV companies wanting to book schedules etc.

So to take the decision as to whether NWHL will be the venue, Spurs will want to be happy that
1) Whatever wiring/safety issues there are have been tested (or at least a majority of the issues which have already been rectified - and if most of the extra electricians hired have already been let go, that seems to be a realistic assumption) and
2) The rest of the stadium got to a 'safe to use' if not finished state, and the fact that one crane if not 2 cranes are being taken down on the west side today before finalising paving/access and even the cladding/veil is a very good sign. The south stand probably still has the most to be done, but I'd imagine that in a month that will certainly be in a 'safe' state. We don't know 100% about the interior but from leaked videos its coming together, and will be ready shortly.

So later this month I think we'll see an announcement on test events and confirming the Chelsea match - DL will not want to waste money hiring other venues for longer than need be, so everyone will want to get into the new stadium asap.

And if not for the Chelsea match, the other matches are Southampton (5 December), Burnley (15 December), Bournemouth (26 December) - and possibly even switching venues round for one of the other matches in December), so I doubt if things will drift into 2019 - but for all the alternatives I think we need to be certain 2 months in advance as to whether NWHL will definitely 100% be ready.

I don't think, we can change venues once we announce it without severe problems, so the announcement when it comes means Spurs are sure the stadium will be ready ! Can't wait !.

The other possibility is that we'll have a home game on the 31st October or 1st November in the League Cup - that's the earleist we could possibly open the stadium. A couple of days after the City game which the club said they felt they might have been ready for but couldn't commit to - if things have gone well since then it's a possibility, and would likely be a much lower-tension game to open with than Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom