'New signingsless' Spurs vs Roma|| Thu 3AM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought they looked good overall. A bit sloppy at the start with the Roma goal, but I'm pleased how well they did with so many still on holiday.

Imagine if Poch decided to play his squad next season!!?? Llorente might actually perform with minutes under his belt.

Must admit, very surprised by Amos. Looked very comfortable out there. Only pre-season but promising signs.

Lamela, Lucas, Llorente could really be key to us next season when utilising our squad. Rotation and burn out has been a problem in the past. These three could give us fresh legs when needed.

Aurier been working on his crossing? Thought he was good and will only get better.

Excited for the other games now.

Last edited:
Imagine if Poch decided to play his squad next season!!?? Llorente might actually perform with minutes under his belt.

Must admit, very surprised by Amos. Looked very comfortable out there. Only pre-season but promising signs.

Lamela, Lucas, Llorente could really be key to us next season when utilising our squad. Rotation and burn out has been a problem in the past. These two could give us fresh legs when needed.

Aurier been working on his crossing? Thought he was good and will only get better.

Excited for the other games now.

Only had time for highlights... what impressed you about Amos? Interested to hear he did well.

Only had time for highlights... what impressed you about Amos? Interested to hear he did well.

Looked very comfortable on the ball. Was physical and not afraid to put a foot in. The loan to the football league clearly done him well.

Actually played like he was in his late 20s. Like he had a maturity about him. Will be interesting to see how he develops further. Its likely he gets another loan as opposed to stays round the team but this pre season won't do him any harm if he keeps it up.

Saying that, Poch was asked whether Amos could do what Mason did and force his way into squad next season and Poch said:

Yes but I don’t want to say there is a similarity with the feeling I got with Ryan. But Luke played very well and he still needs to work hard. I thought he and all our midfielders who came on the pitch showed an amazing energy.

I am so happy we have these types of players who are always willing to work so hard and keep running. Luke has a lot of quality. He needs to work hard to find the opportunity to play. But I am so proud of his performance and that of all our midfielders

Last edited:
That was fun for an hour, until it died on its arse towards the end.
Amos looked great while his job was to give Eriksen the ball, when Eriksen went off and he had to make things happen himself he didn't look nearly as ready.
Never mind giving the first team a rest, Lucas and Lamela are pushing for starting spots on merit.

Looked very comfortable on the ball. Was physical and not afraid to put a foot in. The loan to the football league clearly done him well.

Actually played like he was in his late 20s. Like he had a maturity about him. Will be interesting to see how he develops further. Its likely he gets another loan as opposed to stays round the team but this pre season won't do him any harm if he keeps it up.

Saying that, Poch was asked whether Amos could do what Mason did and force his way into squad next season and Poch said:

Yes but I don’t want to say there is a similarity with the feeling I got with Ryan. But Luke played very well and he still needs to work hard. I thought he and all our midfielders who came on the pitch showed an amazing energy.

I am so happy we have these types of players who are always willing to work so hard and keep running. Luke has a lot of quality. He needs to work hard to find the opportunity to play. But I am so proud of his performance and that of all our midfielders

I thought Amos did well, he played a couple of balls out wide that reminded me of Winks. Surprised Wanyama didn't play though, I hope he's not injured.

Defence was shocking though and Vorm's kicking was awful. We looked so deadly in attack though which was very encouraging.

MOTM by a million miles was Moura.

I thought Amos did well, he played a couple of balls out wide that reminded me of Winks. Surprised Wanyama didn't play though, I hope he's not injured.

Defence was shocking though and Vorm's kicking was awful. We looked so deadly in attack though which was very encouraging.

Apparently Wanyama was injured. Along with TOB, Sterling and Austin.

Ben Davies must be about 7th choice at centre-back, but I wouldn't mind making him 8th or 9th ... he has had better days.

Ben Davies must be about 7th choice at centre-back, but I wouldn't mind making him 8th or 9th ... he has had better days.

He's good as part of a three, has played in that position for Wales, but definitely not ideal in a 2. Who else could play there? Wanyama maybe.

So we have all the semi-finalists missing and players injured plus no new signings.

It's all part of the masterplan, isn't it?!

Was surprising to see Davies play centre half in a back four. Especially as Eyoma and Sanchez were both available.

Not particularly bothered in pre season though. Sanchez, Dier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and CCV will all be available for the opening day.

Seemed a good idea staying up all night to watch Spurs. Not seeming such a good idea now though.

200.gif

Back
Top Bottom