New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man I hope so more than anyone, last season was a fuck up of beyond spurs proportions, baldini has to step up and I do hope Poch takes no shit from any of the suits

I would actually prefer Baldini take a step down ;), i.e. away from transfer selection. But yes, your point remains nonetheless the same that we're going to have to do better at finding more compatible targets this summer.

Why are you so anti Pochettino ? Who do you want to get the job?
Personally I would have preferred FdB. I know there is risk to both, but Poch gives me the AVB vibe all over again. As the old saying goes, once bitten, twice shy.

Don't worry, I won't be calling for his head anytime soon I just don't think it's a particularly inspired appointment. I guess only time will tell.

Sadly, it appears we're heading for another managerial master-stroke appointment by a man who appears to knows less about football than a PE teacher (no Tim, I'm not looking at you)

One would have imagined he learnt his lesson with the last media-created flavour-of-the-month manager who couldn't speak English and a few years later with a man who he clearly didn't trust enough to implement his long-term vision

Yes, I'm sure FdB would have (potentially) costed us a few more bob but how many times in the past has arguing over 5 pence costed us dearly - Moutinho, Willian, etc. just to name a few

This clown is a nothing man, blown up by a pathetic media agenda, possibly half-fueled by his agent and built on results poorer than some managers below him (including Pulis!). Absolutely no substance or indication of quality, experience or long term plan besides taking credit for players who were already at the club (Comolli's men anyone?) and a few wins against relegation fodder. Hipsters - assemble and commence circle-jerking - his name is of Latin origin!

If AVB was a side-step from Redknapp (separate debate all together) than surely this is a step backwards? How can fans who less than six months ago wanted AVB's head on a stick following 2 draws and a loss all of a sudden find themselves contempt with a far inferior solution? How are we going to progress, attract and most importantly retain our quality players with such names? Is this entire premise built on the bizarre assumption he would resurrect Lamela's career simply as a result of his nationality?

I couldn't give less of a bulldog's paw how 'unpopular' opinion against Dan is on this forum, and I appreciate the 100+ great aspects ENIC have done for the club over the last decade - but appointing managers is a separate argument all-together (my only gripe with him) and it appears we're heading down the road of utter mediocrity and hilarity all over again.

Same old Spurs.

Rant over

Last edited:
Sadly, it appears we're heading for another managerial master-stroke appointment by a man who appears to knows less about football than a PE teacher (no Tim, I'm not looking at you)

One would have imagined he learnt his lesson with the last media-created flavour-of-the-month manager who couldn't speak English and a few years later with a man who he clearly didn't trust enough to implement his long-term vision

Yes, I'm sure FdB would have (potentially) costed us a few more bob but how many times in the past has arguing over 5 pence costed us dearly - Moutinho, Willian, etc. just to name a few

This clown is a nothing man, blown up by a pathetic media agenda, possibly half-fueled by his agent and built on results poorer than some managers below him (including Pulis!). Absolutely no substance or indication of quality, experience or long term plan besides taking credit for players who were already at the club (Comolli's men anyone?) and a few wins against relegation fodder. Hipsters - assemble and commence circle-jerking - his name is of Latin origin!

If AVB was a side-step from Redknapp (separate debate all together) than surely this is a step backwards? How can fans who less than six months ago wanted AVB's head on a stick following 2 draws and a loss all of a sudden find themselves contempt with a far inferior solution? How are we going to progress, attract and most importantly retain our quality players with such names? Is this entire premise built on the bizarre assumption he would resurrect Lamela's career simply as a result of his nationality?

I couldn't give less of a bulldog's paw how 'unpopular' opinion against Dan is on this forum, and I appreciate the 100+ great aspects ENIC have done for the club over the last decade - but appointing managers is a separate argument all-together (my only gripe with him) and it appears we're heading down the road of utter mediocrity and hilarity all over again. Same old Spurs.

Rant over

I would have preferred de Boer, but have heart mate. I think it'll turn out better than you think.

I would actually prefer Baldini take a step down ;), i.e. away from transfer selection. But yes, your point remains nonetheless the same that we're going to have to do better at finding more compatible targets this summer.[/QUOTE

Baldini doesn't pick and chose the players we buy himself. Levy has final say on all THFCs signings, that's pretty much common knowledge. Sure there's a supposed committee with the gaffer but Levy signs the checks. Baldini gets shit done closing deals and he is the last person we should be looking to demote.

Last edited:
It'll be quite funny if Poch turns out brilliant at Spurs, just based on the negativity so far.

Where's the optimism? This was one of the reasons AVB failed.

(One of the reasons, before a barrage of nonsense appears about "He made Ade play with the kids")

It'll be quite funny if Poch turns out brilliant at Spurs, just based on the negativity so far.

Where's the optimism? This was one of the reasons AVB failed.

(One of the reasons, before a barrage of nonsense appears about "He made Ade play with the kids")

AVB primarily failed because he wasn't given time by Dan

He now appears to want to go down the exact same route again?

Last edited:
I hope our fans arent really gonna start acting like abunch of spoilt miserable cunts. Sure it aint LvG but fuck it we aint man u. The beauty of football is Poch could do agreat job if he gets the right support. Prolly aint gonna happen but fuck it one can hope. I reckon if Jesus came down to manage Tottenham loads of our fans would still be pissed off lol

I hope our fans arent really gonna start acting like abunch of spoilt miserable cunts. Sure it aint LvG but fuck it we aint man u. The beauty of football is Poch could do agreat job if he gets the right support. Prolly aint gonna happen but fuck it one can hope. I reckon if Jesus came down to manage Tottenham loads of our fans would still be pissed off lol
You need help, buddy - I'm worried about you

I haven't watched enough of Soton to know if this is true or not. The stats say they finished 8th and were joint 8th highest goalscorers along with Swansea. Under Sherwood, Spurs outscored them as well as gaining more points, but apparently we didn't play exciting football. Mmmmm....

Maybe Southampton will appoint Sherwood so we can have real comparison......that would be fun

Back
Top Bottom