New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nike just announced the new 3rd kit for the USMNT. This is my fear coming to fruition. Have some fucking originality for christ's sake.

2017-us-soccer-red-jersey-rel-christian-pulisic.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Nike is going to give us a red home kit, aren't they?

What are people's thoughts on sock colour? I have no personal preference, both navy and white work really well. Given we've had both twice over the last 4 seasons does anyone have a favourite?

Having grown up in the 80's my fave without doubt was all-white, thanks to Le Coq Sportif, Hummel & Brazil circa 82.
However maturing in the 90's with Gazza's Umbro chest-high tackle, and Pony Armstrong v Woolwich winner the all-navy grew on me.
Mind you, the Modric-blessed hoop plus Bentleys stunner at the Effeminates certainly left a positive mark on me.

So basically as long as they're not red, I'm happy.

Is this some monkey's paw bullshit?

Please don't make the AIA red this time...

*puts cock in background*
*awkwardly stitches name underneath minimalist badge*

This one does seem to be gaining momentum, lads.
:pochfacepalm:

Surely a monumental fake of astronomical proportions.

Massively not going to happen.

However I thought the pic of that Thai guy in the blue hooped away shirt last season was a guaranteed sweat-shop bodge job, so what do I (we) know.

Drop the pinstripe, this Nike shirt with the blue AIA (not gonna happen) is sex.

I don't think that the "giant cock" design everyone is freaking out about is legit. It's just not Nike's style, and honestly, I don't think Spurs are important enough to them to merit a wacky design*. They'll make a plain, boring, white home shirt, and a bizarre neon yellow/green away shirt, blue shorts for both. It's just how they operate.

*Spurs are like Nike's 10th biggest client at best

Nike just announced the new 3rd kit for the USMNT. This is my fear coming to fruition. Have some fucking originality for christ's sake.

The US needs to switch to UA or New Balance as soon as possible. Nike stopped being an American company a long time ago, they're just a global brand machine that happens to be based in Oregon (our most un-American state). The only part of their business that still cares about the American market is the sneakers, because somehow we represent like 60% of the global running shoe market. Get a company in there that actually cares about making good uniforms. Or even a company that just cares about making weird uniforms. Hell, anything but yet another rip-off of the English NT uniform.

If the 'Pinstripe' number isn't real, then why has someone even bothered to go to those lengths??

If you're gonna do a fake mock-up, at least give people summit to drool over;

ba07de37552137.Y3JvcCw1MjcsNDEyLDExNiww.png

...and actually, not a million miles away from the template that 'Mr Benn' is posing with above... just without all the fussy 'Oomska'!
Should send this in to nike and the club

The US needs to switch to UA or New Balance as soon as possible. Nike stopped being an American company a long time ago, they're just a global brand machine that happens to be based in Oregon (our most un-American state).
Strange irony for the state founded as a paradise and refuge for whites.

That giant cock motif is a fanmade fake that's been floating around since the very early Under Armour days. Someone out there really wants that on the kit, because it crops up every single year. Also I just don't think Nike are going to give us anything other than plain white with probable blue arms.

The pinstripe would be a lot better (almost even nice!) without the solid blue arms, with them it's just way too busy. But it's not happening anyway. Nike just don't do kits like that.

And, yeah, AIA not being red is a massive indication that it's a fake.

Last edited:
That giant cock motif is a fanmade fake that's been floating around since the very early Under Armour days. Someone out there really wants that on the kit, because it crops up every single year. Also I just don't think Nike are going to give us anything other than plain white with probable blue arms.

The pinstripe would be a lot better (almost even nice!) without the solid blue arms, with them it's just way too busy. But it's not happening anyway. Nike just don't do kits like that.

I was pretty sure I've seen that mock up loads of times

"Nike's kits are so boring, can't they be original?"

*presents original kit design

"OMG what's this monstrosity, we want a plain white shirt, what's wrong with the classic look?"

*presents classic kit design

"Nike's kits are so boring, can't they be original?"

*presents original kit design

"OMG..."

Why not a plain, original, different, minimal... oh wait a minute

Deep down I expect most long for a plain shirt with a couple of little blue details but so do other clubs so we find ourselves getting what everyone else already has – a winning formula.

UA over the past few years have given us something different but for some, a plain Nike kit is a right of passage, proof we've hit the big time... A Vanilla kit is where we are heading boys (will probably quite like it TBH)

Exactly. It's probably the same cunt that came up with this one a few years ago.
fHH0sHE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom