New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been trying to work out all morning where i've seen that particular pose before...
...and then, as if by magic... it came to me!
893141.jpg
89306.jpg
BENN8.jpg

...maybe the pinstripes were subliminally influencing his pose?

Last edited:
Remember when kits used to last 2 or 3 seasons? I'm not imagining that, am I?

All the teams would all of a sudden rock up to games with the new season's kits a few games before the end of the season

Is this some monkey's paw bullshit?

Please don't make the AIA red this time...

*puts cock in background*
*awkwardly stitches name underneath minimalist badge*

This one does seem to be gaining momentum, lads.
:pochfacepalm:

This is a fucking abomination. It looks like the kids bed set I got from the megastore in the 1990s. Please be fake!

If the 'Pinstripe' number isn't real, then why has someone even bothered to go to those lengths??

If you're gonna do a fake mock-up, at least give people summit to drool over;

ba07de37552137.Y3JvcCw1MjcsNDEyLDExNiww.png

...and actually, not a million miles away from the template that 'Mr Benn' is posing with above... just without all the fussy 'Oomska'!

Nah, not for me. Look like sailors wellies. attacks my OCD too, I mean look at Dyson's turn-over's, they are down to his ankles!

Dyson was a Maverick... a one-off... and as such, was given special dispensation by the club to sport his turn-overs howsoever he wished!
True story that!

This is a fucking abomination. It looks like the kids bed set I got from the megastore in the 1990s. Please be fake!
Of course it's fake. By definition, anything with "Tottenham Hotspur" stitched below the badge is fake. Our badge is always a plain cockerel. And the stitching is horrific on that kit. Blatant east asia counterfeit.

And the AIA logo on our home kit WILL be red. I hate it as much as the next guy, but unless we get a different kit sponsor before next season that's just how it's going to be.

Of course it's fake. By definition, anything with "Tottenham Hotspur" stitched below the badge is fake. Our badge is always a plain cockerel. And the stitching is horrific on that kit. Blatant east asia counterfeit.

And the AIA logo on our home kit WILL be red. I hate it as much as the next guy, but unless we get a different kit sponsor before next season that's just how it's going to be.
I wouldn't count on that. It's been done before.

tottenham%20home%20kit.jpg

Also, let's think about this for a second. Why would someone designing a fake kit put in 'Tottenham Hotspur' under the badge - a departure from the norm - if they wanted people to be convinced by it?

Also, let's think about this for a second. Why would someone designing a fake kit put in 'Tottenham Hotspur' under the badge - a departure from the norm - if they wanted people to be convinced by it?
Because it originated as an amateur photoshop concept, which was picked up by Asian counterfeiters. It's not authentic. And the fact that so many people are convinced by it is proof that a sucker is born every day.

Because it originated as an amateur photoshop concept, which was picked up by Asian counterfeiters. It's not authentic. And the fact that so many people are convinced by it is proof that a sucker is born every day.
I'm still right about the stitching underneath the badge though. I don't want it to be real, but it's not outside the realms of possibility.

To be honest, I'm more convinced that it's fake because having a club crest twice on the shirt (as the background cock would likely constitute) isn't allowed by the FA.
It'd be nice to not have a red AIA, but at least they'll hopefully be done as our sponsors after next year.

I still don't get why someone would spend/waste their time mocking up a photo (with visible nipples an'all) wearing a fake kit that won't even make it to the shops... how dmub will he look when the PLAIN WHITE SHIRT WITH NAVY COLLAR comes out... and not a hint of a Cocking watermark?!

Either that or he's got hold of a genuine prototype that Nike are 'putting out there' to gauge reaction... (do they actually do that... or is that an Internet urban myth too?)

If NIKE TM (c) are trying to see people's reaction, I hope someone points them in the direction of the last few pages of this thread!!

I still don't get why someone would spend/waste their time mocking up a photo (with visible nipples an'all) wearing a fake kit that won't even make it to the shops... how dmub will he look when the PLAIN WHITE SHIRT WITH NAVY COLLAR comes out... and not a hint of a Cocking watermark?!

Either that or he's got hold of a genuine prototype that Nike are 'putting out there' to gauge reaction... (do they actually do that... or is that an Internet urban myth too?)

If NIKE TM (c) are trying to see people's reaction, I hope someone points them in the direction of the last few pages of this thread!!
I was going to say that if I were Nike, I'd be tempted to leak designs to see which one the fans take to.

But then again, if I was Nike then there's no way I'd have shat out that godawful design in the first place.
:llorishuh:

What if they did leak that shirt just to make us deliriously happy with whatever the actual design ends up being?
:levyeyes:

I DO think that some concepts are leaked intentionally to gauge response, but fake kits are as old as time. It has never stopped people from designing fake kits in the past.

Nike is probably the last kit manufacturer that would ever consider designing some weird background watermark. What we'll get will probably be boring and plain, which fortunately I think is exactly what people have been begging for.

As much as people piss and moan about template designs, the absolute happiest I could ever hope to be with Nike's first season as our kit designer is if they just straight up matched the template for those France kits from a season or two ago.

36ndTNm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom