New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stupid question but looking at the font options on the new kit, got a choice between 'Premier lg lettering' and 'Spurs lettering'.

Whats the difference? Pretty self explanatory what the premier lg lettering is for, but what is the Spurs letting font for? is it used in domestic cup games/ champions lg games?

tbh never really payed attention before.

My thoughts....this is where we're heading with third kits. That kit is atrocious...unless it's used in a McDonald's advert, then it's a marketing coup. 3rd kits rarely ever have any meaning, symbolism, or connection to the club in reality. They are already, in essence, a pure cash grab so why not go all the way and use them as a platform to maximize sponsorship revenue?
It is and Tottenham are as guilty as the rest.

Stupid question but looking at the font options on the new kit, got a choice between 'Premier lg lettering' and 'Spurs lettering'.

Whats the difference? Pretty self explanatory what the premier lg lettering is for, but what is the Spurs letting font for? is it used in domestic cup games/ champions lg games?

Premier League lettering used in all domestic games, spurs lettering only used in European games going by previous season's.

Going through the buying process there is a small notice “Buying merchandise is supporting the future of the club” now couple of points here....
1. Why us English/British fans are buying the new kit on a pre-order basis its not available until 3rd of August yet fans in Australia/China/Hong Kong have already got theirs?
2. If it is supporting the club why can’t they only make the kit/training gear available from the Tottenham retail department. Sports direct( on principle wouldn’t buy from them anyway) Intersport or any other sports retail chain can stock and sell Tottenham merchandise! Tottenham should block that outlets they’d get all the revenue.

Going through the buying process there is a small notice “Buying merchandise is supporting the future of the club” now couple of points here....
1. Why us English/British fans are buying the new kit on a pre-order basis its not available until 3rd of August yet fans in Australia/China/Hong Kong have already got theirs?
2. If it is supporting the club why can’t they only make the kit/training gear available from the Tottenham retail department. Sports direct( on principle wouldn’t buy from them anyway) Intersport or any other sports retail chain can stock and sell Tottenham merchandise! Tottenham should block that outlets they’d get all the revenue.
Point 2 doesn't sound like a very convenient way to get Spurs gear into the market and worn by folks outside of London (especially outside jolly old England.) I happily order direct from the club but not everyone overseas will.

The home kit is available now. It's only the away kit that is pre-order, but that's the same everywhere, in the UK at least.

It's not the club that makes and sells merchandise, it's Nike. They then sell it to all the retailers, including Spurs (hopefully at least at a preferential rate), which is how they make their money. If we insisted that only we can sell it from the club shop/online then Nike wouldn't make anything, and then they wouldn't pay much/anything for the kit deal as there'd be no point.

Last edited:
I suspect the reason for #1 is to have the team playing in that region and having the gear available to buy at the same time is priority.

Also they're made in some factory in the far east and put in container loads to be shipped proabably with a load of other Nike product. The shipping time to the UK is simply further and longer.

#2 might be because it's a Nike product and not a Spurs product.

I suspect the reason for #1 is to have the team playing in that region and having the gear available to buy at the same time is priority.

Also they're made in some factory in the far east and put in container loads to be shipped proabably with a load of other Nike product. The shipping time to the UK is simply further and longer.

#2 might be because it's a Nike product and not a Spurs product.
We should be priority surely!

If your of a mind to get a name and number for your shirt as a treat £80..... :thumbup: but as I’ve said before, that is ridiculous but in the grand scheme of things what’s £80 a night out, a night at the cinema (family) £15 for the picture £65 for the pick’n’mix! 6 packets of cigarettes?All of the later is gone in a matter of hours, couple of days the shirt lasts the whole season longer if you look after it I’m not saying what people should spend their money on just a comparison, depends how you look at it.
Try going for the elite shirt option (which is better made)

£90 baseline price
+£15 for a name/number
+ £10 for CL or PL badges (because fuck you, Woolwich fans, I feel like being smug about the former)

:dierno::levywhoa:

cFtY13y.jpg

Norwich city!
Special linkup with a strawberry-lemon crush vendor.

Try going for the elite shirt option (which is better made)

£90 baseline price
+£15 for a name/number
+ £10 for CL or PL badges (because fuck you, Woolwich fans, I feel like being smug about the former)

:dierno::levywhoa:
I’m not keen on the Spurs font but if you’re going for CL config completely understand the need for it.

I see Nike have introduced an XS size for the elite/vapour kit. Wonder if they are running a bit larger this season. I got S previously and that was a bit tight.

PL lettering is in the official Premier League font (as one might imagine) while Spurs lettering is in the 'Tottenham' font that we use in Europe. Both look decent but some names do look particularly swish in the Spurs lettering (in my opinion).

Below are photos for comparison.

Premier League lettering:

1-600x600.jpeg

Champions League:

D5f6v7uW0AIrDaq.jpg

The slightly annoying thing is that Spurs never seem to let fans buy the away Spurs lettering, meaning you can opt for CL badges on the away shirt but won't be able to get a 'proper' recreation of that kit, i.e. white lettering like this...

manchester-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-uefa-champions-league-quarter-final-second-leg-5cb78431e1a39de40e000001.jpg

I’m not keen on the Spurs font but if you’re going for CL config completely understand the need for it.

I quite like it, depending on the name/number in question. While I understand the branding that Spurs are trying to establish with that licensed font, I'm quite partial to the geometric lettering (with a straight horizontal name) that some other clubs use in Europe, for example United...

2547642-2019-03-06T200443Z_130167676_RC1C6FD95D20_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-CHAMPIONS-PSG-MUN.JPG

We dabbled slightly with that a couple of years ago...

tottenham-hotspur-2017-18-third-kit-eric-dier-2-original.jpg

Last edited:

I see Nike have introduced an XS size for the elite/vapour kit. Wonder if they are running a bit larger this season. I got S previously and that was a bit tight.
They are at it......
champions league font
Premier league font
Stadium shirt
Fans issue shirt
Champions league badges
EPL badges........feel sorry for parents who have to contend with needy kids brutal......and your favourite player is walker-Peters or is it £15 irrespective who you put on a shirt? Son £15 can’t be

I got a 10% off code for Kitbag, which would have meant the two new shirts for about £117 and free delivery, didn’t realise it expired after 48 hours so when I went to use it today, no joy 😢

Back
Top Bottom