New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question the home and away kits this season have woven badges or at least a woven cockerel sewing on to the shirts but the 3rd kit is it’s badge a transfer?

Yeah, ts a reflective transfer that seems to glow in the dark when you shine a light on it, like the kind of thing you get on running or cycling gear
Cheers, mates wife bought it for her son off eBay thought it was fake cos the badge was a transfer his home shirt’s badge is embroidered.

Ditch those black shorts and this would be a nice retro feeling home kit. That black red though, what happens when you let someone from Minnesota try and design a kit...

The original Hummel kits were classics but this is just a horrible eye-paining rip off. Essentially it’s quite simple. Go back to any picture of Spurs kits of the 60s. Pick one.
Copy in modern materials. Add an AIA (preferably in blue) if you really must.
Job done

Whilst Nike is our kit manufacturer we're never going to have anything unique to us. Their design team will come up with 2-3 styles for next season and teams will get to choose from this list and decide their colourways.

We wanted Nike, this is what you get.

Whilst Nike is our kit manufacturer we're never going to have anything unique to us. Their design team will come up with 2-3 styles for next season and teams will get to choose from this list and decide their colourways.

We wanted Nike, this is what you get.

Pity we hadn't stuck with Under Armour, their Cruz Azul stuff especially is top class.

Green third shirt?

Yes even the third shirt is templated: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/08/heres-what-inspired-nike-18-19-third-kits.html

Nike has to keep production simple but more of a driving factor is the global marketing and branding campaign off the back of the kits. They wont do a unique campaign for each kit in each territory as the costs would be prohibitive. I imagine the clubs contribute nothing apart from player image rights towards these campaigns so Nike needs to be efficient.

Each season Nike come up with a theme and roll it out globally, just in different colours with different players.

Yes even the third shirt is templated: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/08/heres-what-inspired-nike-18-19-third-kits.html

Nike has to keep production simple but more of a driving factor is the global marketing and branding campaign off the back of the kits. They wont do a unique campaign for each kit in each territory as the costs would be prohibitive. I imagine the clubs contribute nothing apart from player image rights towards these campaigns so Nike needs to be efficient.

Each season Nike come up with a theme and roll it out globally, just in different colours with different players.
They never used to though. Aside from around 2002-2004 when all of their shirts were slight variations on the same theme, kits were pretty much unique for all of their teams until 2016, when they introduced the template that they've been slightly tweeking each season since.

If they're going to have every team using the same template next season then they're going to at least give it a major overhaul. Giving teams raglan sleeves for 4 years in a row would be taking the piss

They never used to though. Aside from around 2002-2004 when all of their shirts were slight variations on the same theme, kits were pretty much unique for all of their teams until 2016, when they introduced the template that they've been slightly tweeking each season since.

If they're going to have every team using the same template next season then they're going to at least give it a major overhaul. Giving teams raglan sleeves for 4 years in a row would be taking the piss

I imagine the production is pretty much centralised in China with everything being dispatched from one location. It makes quality control, set-up and logistics so much easier.

Design and branding again will be handled centrally and fed out to hubs to be localised along with stringent guidelines. The tighter they make it the more they can ensure delivery of a consistent brand.

It will be a monumental effort getting kits made, player images in, proofs back to clubs. If you then threw in custom kits designs the process would be awful and never ending. As it is, once clubs choose their colours they're only agreeing to the right players being used in promotional assets. A studio can then just bash though all the assets and there will be a lot.

At the end of the day Nike needs to make money, people joke about their gear only costing 20p to make but the volume of work to deliver this across the globe for multiple clubs is mind blowing.

I imagine the production is pretty much centralised in China with everything being dispatched from one location. It makes quality control, set-up and logistics so much easier.

Design and branding again will be handled centrally and fed out to hubs to be localised along with stringent guidelines. The tighter they make it the more they can ensure delivery of a consistent brand.

It will be a monumental effort getting kits made, player images in, proofs back to clubs. If you then threw in custom kits designs the process would be awful and never ending. As it is, once clubs choose their colours they're only agreeing to the right players being used in promotional assets. A studio can then just bash though all the assets and there will be a lot.

At the end of the day Nike needs to make money, people joke about their gear only costing 20p to make but the volume of work to deliver this across the globe for multiple clubs is mind blowing.
I'd sort of understand your argument if they hadn't already proving that it was possible between 2005 and 2015, and all the years prior to 2002.

I don't think I understand the relevance of your comments about player images and how the players availability is relevant to whether a kit is bespoke or a single template that's altered to reflect a team's colour scheme

I'd sort of understand your argument if they hadn't already proving that it was possible between 2005 and 2015, and all the years prior to 2002.

I don't think I understand the relevance of your comments about player images and how the players availability is relevant to whether a kit is bespoke or a single template that's altered to reflect a team's colour scheme

Nike in recent years have stepped up their portfolio of teams they partner with. I imagine this is due to them being able to offer more money as they streamline production. Economy of scale and all that...

My point about player images is Nike will have a huge studio and processes set-up to deal with all the marketing and sales collateral that every team will expect from their kit manufacturer. By having templates the only thing teams have to decide is which players to use in the promotional material and supply relevant images.

Working daily on this type of thing I see huge hours that are burnt by people having to make design decisions and delays due to approval processes. Nike have cut all this out by standardising things and as such can offer more lucrative deals to clubs. It's how they get the deals...

the exception to prove the rule
yKBCXwv.jpg

I'm gonna dig my heels in and Go old school...

ANYTHING other than classic, clean, White Shirt/Navy Shorts (home) and Navy Shirts/White Shorts (away) with All Yellow or all Sky Blue 3rd, and I don't wanna know!

Back
Top Bottom