New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A 15 year contract seems crazy, unless it’s tied in with something else…
NFL NFL NFL one hundred times NFL.

There's no way in hell we're signing Nike onto a deal like that unless something big and NFL related is incoming. See: the fact that they do every NFL jersey.

I guess it could be related to naming rights, but why on earth would they let us hear about it this way instead of having a big announcement focussing on the stadium? Something doesn't add up.

Last year's kit was a beauty but I really envy the Umbro teams this year. Their current base design would have made a beautiful Tottenham kit.

Last year's kit was a beauty but I really envy the Umbro teams this year. Their current base design would have made a beautiful Tottenham kit.
Qyitu0q.jpg

EzndPQO.jpg

Yeah these two but white with blue trim was all that was needed.

Qyitu0q.jpg

EzndPQO.jpg

Yeah these two but white with blue trim was all that was needed.
Yup. Didn't need to be much more advanced than that.

But I guess Umbro is not enough of a "big boy" brand these days. Quality products tho. Almost always had Umbro boots back in my youth league days.

Granted that might also have been because they were a fair bit cheaper as well but I don't remember disliking them

Yup. Didn't need to be much more advanced than that.

But I guess Umbro is not enough of a "big boy" brand these days. Quality products tho. Almost always had Umbro boots back in my youth league days.

Granted that might also have been because they were a fair bit cheaper as well but I don't remember disliking them
I’ve always been a fan of Umbro they’ve been very consistent over the years but with Nike and Adidas I dare say having a bigger foothold in the market Umbro wouldn’t be considered a big hitter nowadays which is a shame.

I’ve always been a fan of Umbro they’ve been very consistent over the years but with Nike and Adidas I dare say having a bigger foothold in the market Umbro wouldn’t be considered a big hitter nowadays which is a shame.
Yeah, they are a respectable third or fourth runner in the business (them or Puma being third is debateable).

Quality kits the majority of the time. Maybe if a big team jumped the gun and went for a deal they could make up at least some ground

But oh well we are stuck with Nike for now.

Yeah, they are a respectable third or fourth runner in the business (them or Puma being third is debateable).

Quality kits the majority of the time. Maybe if a big team jumped the gun and went for a deal they could make up at least some ground

But oh well we are stuck with Nike for now.
Umbro are just football though? Adidas and Nike are sportswear firms athletics,golf,rugby,ect under armour are the same a sportswear firm but not the reputation yet well don’t think they have?
Umbro are at a disadvantage.

Umbro are just football though? Adidas and Nike are sportswear firms athletics,golf,rugby,ect under armour are the same a sportswear firm but not the reputation yet well don’t think they have?
Umbro are at a disadvantage.
Umbro are a general sportswear company just like Adidas and Nike, but they are much more football centric. Them being founded in England probably helps with that.

But we had Umbro kits back when I played floorball most of the time. According to their wikipedia they are a big deal in handball, curling and volleyball as well. So they seem to have targeted a few niche sports

Umbro are a general sportswear company just like Adidas and Nike, but they are much more football centric. Them being founded in England probably helps with that.

But we had Umbro kits back when I played floorball most of the time. According to their wikipedia they are a big deal in handball, curling and volleyball as well. So they seem to have targeted a few niche sports
sdBLtS2.jpg

That is a thing of beauty.....:love:

Back
Top Bottom