New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Then why don't AIA insist on their logo being RED on our other two kits?
In fact... if our home/away and 3rd kits were also WHITE... they could have their red logo on all three!
They'd be happy then I imagine...
oh hang on!

I don't know - I imagine the compromise is the shirts that aren't the home ones. The home ones are used in the majority of advertising, and keeping a red sponsor is likely to cause issues with the away shirt colouring.

I don't see why everyone is still sweating over it - how many years have we not had a red sponsor? 3 out of the last 15?

Reminds me a lot of Puma's first effort with us.

e243c563692ca2ea7236c65fce510e54.jpg
AIA are following our proud tradition of red logos on our shirts, started by Thompson. They seem to be getting just a little bit more lucky each year. That must be a good omen for the forthcoming campaign:wanyama:

Then why don't AIA insist on their logo being RED on our other two kits?
In fact... if our home/away and 3rd kits were also WHITE... they could have their red logo on all three!
They'd be happy then I imagine...
oh hang on!
Because like any brand they have a 'preferred usage' version that will stipulate red on white. For other lowers profile items they will authorise reversed or black on. Considering the money they are paying I'm sure they considered the colour of shirts and how their brand would be represented before we talking to teams.

I'm sure people will buy the home shirt "just 'cos it's the current home shirt"... but asthetically... and yes THAT fucking AIA... it would be so telling if the club shifted 10x more Navy away shirts than home ones, and had piles left over that they had to slash the price on!
How would AIA feel then about their insistence on a 'lucky colour' investment?
Doubt they would give a shit, the main reason for these sponsorships is that people will see them on tv.

Think a lot of people need to grow up. its just a color. will say again if you dont like it dont buy it! Why waste so much time bitching and moaning its not going to make a bit of difference.

I would much prefer a navy logo (or any colour but red) but I never really understood the whole 'Never Red' campaign myself, seeing as we actually had a red kit from 1890-95. I think someone didn't do their research... :pocheyes:

I would much prefer a navy logo (or any colour but red) but I never really understood the whole 'Never Red' campaign myself, seeing as we actually had a red kit from 1890-95. I think someone didn't do their research... :pocheyes:

The 'never red' thing was a marketing campaign from the early days of ENIC, there were t-shirts and other stuff available in the club shop.

I get the Woolwich dis-association but it is odd since we used to have red lions on our crest.

So the whole 'never red' manufactured by ENIC then turned on it's head by having years of red sponsorship.

If ENIC had decided to change our club colours, Vincent Tan style there would be issues. However we still play in lilywhite and navy which all that really matters to me.

Had our most successful league seasons in decades recently with the red logo and we won our last trophy with a red logo! I would say it is ESSENTIAL for us to keep it for the future of our clubs progress

Woody did his best to cover it up mind

Woodgate2502_468x371.jpg

Had our most successful league seasons in decades recently with the red logo and we won our last trophy with a red logo! I would say it is ESSENTIAL for us to keep it for the future of our clubs progress

Woody did his best to cover it up mind

Woodgate2502_468x371.jpg
...and an ALL WHITE KIT!

We've won a number of trophies with an all white kit.

Our colours are still lilywhite and navy though. Would be pretty annoyed if the navy was ditched.
So would I... don't get me wrong, a win is a win, regardless of what kit we're wearing... and some of our greatest victories have been in ALL WHITE... but (apart from the FA Cup semi Replay in '81 against Wolves) all the ones I can remember were in Europe. Which is the whole point being made I think!

Having said that... the '87 Cup Final was in ALL WHITE! ...and remember the farce that ensued with the missing HOLSTON logos on half the kit..? IMAGINE if that happened again on the new Nike kit with a missing AIA logo?
I really wouldn't mind that!

The blurb that accompanied the 'leaked Navy away kit DID mention Navy shorts... Which - If true - leads to one, rather annoying conclusion!

I'm still hoping that having already followed the Man City template, Nike complete the 'look' with different coloured shorts to the top... but I'm not holding my breath!

Back
Top Bottom