New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham Hotspur and AIA Extend Official Partnership Until 2022 25 May 2017 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Tottenham Hotspur today (Thursday 25 May) announced an agreement with AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of insurance services, to extend their Official Partnership until the end of season 2021/2022.

aia_partner730.jpg

AIA and Tottenham Hotspur have enjoyed a successful strategic partnership since the start of the 2013/2014 season, originally as the Club’s Cup Shirt Partner before becoming Official Shirt Partner in all competitions the following year. This new agreement will now see AIA recognised as a Global Principal Partner and the AIA brand will appear on the front of the Club's shirt until 2022 - representing almost a decade together as partners.

The announcement comes during the Club’s post-season tour to Hong Kong, home to AIA Group’s Headquarters and a key market for the AIA brand and business. A series of joint activities have taken place this week to celebrate the extended partnership and culminates in the match against Kitchee SC on Friday 26th May in the iconic Hong Kong National Stadium.

This long-term relationship goes beyond the pitch and reflects the shared commitment of the Club and AIA in promoting the role of sport in Asia-Pacific as a key element of healthy living.

A host of joint activations have taken place across Asia since 2013 with club ambassadors such as Ledley King and Ossie Ardiles regularly making trips to the region, as well as the Club's Global Coaching team who have delivered a raft of coaching programs and associated activities, all focused towards promoting health and well-being in the local communities in which AIA operates.

This latest agreement will now see even more work being done collectively between the two organisations in Asia, specifically with club coaches being permanently placed in Hong Kong to lead on AIA's football and healthy living programmes in its 18 Asian markets.

Tottenham Hotspur Chairman Daniel Levy said: "This new long-term agreement demonstrates the strength of our relationship with AIA and underlines just how much we both value this partnership. The renewed partnership comes at a significant time in the Club's history with a new world-class stadium currently under construction. We shall be proud to wear the AIA name on our shirts when we walk out on to that pitch for the first time. We look forward to continuing to work closely with AIA in the coming years as we look to further support the objectives of both organisations in the Asia-Pacific region."

Ng Keng Hooi, AIA Group Chief Executive & President Designate, commented: “Spurs has an enormous following in Asia, with its fans rewarded by the great progress the team has made on the pitch in recent years. I am delighted we are extending our partnership at such an exciting time in AIA’s history as we continue to grow, guided by our vision to be the pre-eminent life insurer in the world. Expanding our partnership with Spurs will enable more frequent and innovative activities for our customers, agents, employees, as well as others in our local communities, to interact with the Spurs players, coaching and support staff on the ground in Asia. We look forward with great anticipation to our shared success on and off the field over the coming years as we continue to help our customers live longer, healthier, better lives.”

More Red until 2022, hopefully we use the logo used at the top not just the initials
Oh for fuck sake!!!!

No more decent home shirts for another 5 years then. :wall::mad:

Do we really think Levy would negotiate a deal that includes naming rights for the stadium that only lasts for 4 years, the period left on this 5 year deal once the new stadium is open?

I'd say this points more and more to us having the Nike Stadium. williams316 williams316 rightly says that you'd think a naming rights partner would also want to be on the shirt, butt I guess if the manufacturer of the shirt has the naming rights then they have their logo on it by default. It probably means we'll sign a deal for at least 10 years with them, and might explain why it's not been announced yet, as they're still finalising the full package

Trust in Daniel san.... he knows how to spin a penny.

Red on home shirts... not over the moon, don't buy replicas anyway so meh...

If it means the stadium is paid off earlier and we are more financially competitive which directly translates to success on the pitch then, honestly, its a small sacrifice.

Would any of you lot settle for the alternative AIA logo? Like so...

insurance_premium_discount_logo.gif

I just find it more bearable than BLOCK CAPS 'AIA' on it's own, it really doesn't look too great on any kit imo.

Just a thought...:sonhmm:

I see we are taking the same approach to our kit launch as recent summer transfer activity. We'll probably play in the old one until after the first international break.

Do we really think Levy would negotiate a deal that includes naming rights for the stadium that only lasts for 4 years, the period left on this 5 year deal once the new stadium is open?

I'd say this points more and more to us having the Nike Stadium. williams316 williams316 rightly says that you'd think a naming rights partner would also want to be on the shirt, butt I guess if the manufacturer of the shirt has the naming rights then they have their logo on it by default. It probably means we'll sign a deal for at least 10 years with them, and might explain why it's not been announced yet, as they're still finalising the full package

Good point about Nike already being on the shirt, so unlikely to pay more for shirt sponsorship. I hope it's Nike, I can tolerate an AIA shirt sponsor, grudgingly, but the new stadium, I just don't want red on that.

Would any of you lot settle for the alternative AIA logo? Like so...

insurance_premium_discount_logo.gif

I just find it more bearable than BLOCK CAPS 'AIA' on it's own, it really doesn't look too great on any kit imo.

Just a thought...:sonhmm:

I prefer this because a text only logo, in red, against white, stands out so much that other stuff on the shirt, including our own logo fade away, look smaller. But for those same reasons I expect AIA to prefer the current text rather than their logo.

Back
Top Bottom